Hop To
#17155797 04/12/22
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Anybody use one? Just ordered the commander a stoke, looks pretty decent, gas powered, supposed to get to 900 degrees, cook a pizza in 2 minutes? I’ll report back. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Does it have a "char the edges" setting?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Bought a pizza oven adaptor for my Kamado but haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I can tell you that the Kamado cooks a pretty nice pizza as is with just the pizza stone.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My dad is a brick mason. Very talented one at that

He has built many over the years. He estimates 50-60 custom ones. Wood and gas fired. Most people don’t actually use them apparently. The ones that do fall in love and use them all the time though according to him

We are wanting to build a outdoor grill station at our house we are building with a kamado, stack smoker, and pizza oven. Just got to convince my dad to build it all out of brick!!

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I have a Roccbox. It does get to 900 degrees and a pizza cooks in no time. Every couple of seconds the pie needs turned or it will burn. I like making pizzas as much as i like eating them.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple buddies that have the Ooni pizza ovens and like them. They make several different models. My father-in-law has a Kettle Pizza adaptor for his Weber and it seems to work well. I just use my Green Egg and cook them about 700*. No complaints yet.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Took it campin the last week, worked great, gotta keep a eye on er but it makes a great pizza

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Holy [bleep]. Looks great.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
So? Having done the 13" would you go 16" next time?

Looks great btw.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Suppose if the kids were at home still the 16” would be handy, for just me and momma the 13” is fine. Temp wise 850 was the hottest I could get it, pretty cold down at the beach, 45 highs, dunno if that made the difference or not. Also preheat so the stone gets up to temp. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a buddy that owns a bbq supply/outdoor cooking store. He just picked up the HALO brand oven line and as luck should have it, I got to try one out last night. I only cooked two pies on it, but was very impressed. We used the Versa 16 model. They are propane fired with a natural gas option. Cooks up to a 16" pie and the best feature in my opinion is the revolving stone. Pretty much eliminates hot spots and frequent turning. I was so impressed that I may buy a NG model. Check it out if you're looking for a different option.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
I have a buddy that owns a bbq supply/outdoor cooking store. He just picked up the HALO brand oven line and as luck should have it, I got to try one out last night. I only cooked two pies on it, but was very impressed. We used the Versa 16 model. They are propane fired with a natural gas option. Cooks up to a 16" pie and the best feature in my opinion is the revolving stone. Pretty much eliminates hot spots and frequent turning. I was so impressed that I may buy a NG model. Check it out if you're looking for a different option.

That thing looks cool. Might need to add it to the Christmas list.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

That thing looks cool. Might need to add it to the Christmas list.

I agree.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It’s funny on one hand I think guns are expensive then I’m thinking about adding on to the back adding different built in cookers etc….sure makes a bunch of guns and scopes look cheap….haha. Good stuff.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have and use one of the original Ooni pizza ovens. Originally came as a pellet fuel unit and I added the optional propane burner after the first year. On my model Ooni, the pellet setup was a ton of work. The pellets have to be perfect. Almost one persons job to babysit the pellet hopper. But once up and running, its makes spectacular pies! The propane burner is purely for ease. Not as good a flavor as with pellets. I bought mine about 5 or 6 years ago and hadn't really paid any attention to what's available these days. After looking around this past week, I gotta say, there are a ton of options now. I originally got the Ooni to test the water and to see how serious I was about a pizza oven. We used it a ton the first couple years and then the novelty wore off a bit. Also, it is a ton of work to make them for a crowd. (which usually happens when everyone figures out you have a pizza oven) I have been toying with the idea of a larger oven but just can't bring myself to spend the $2K+ for something larger and possibly not portable. Ooni now makes some larger models and a couple that can burn wood/charcoal, which I think would be way better than pellets only. My last comment would be that I think the Neopolitan type dough is the key. With really good caputo flour, you can make some incredible pies! During Rona, the place I used to buy 50lb bags of flour went tits up. So now the same amount of flour is almost 4x more money than pre-rona. All in all, its a great thing to have around to compliment BBQ and general outdoor cooking.

Last edited by shtrbc; 04/28/22.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Those look awesome.

I’m weakening

Semper Fi

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,357
Posts18,527,093
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.