Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
What sort of chamber pressure might we have with these loads? This sure sounds kinda hot. Buffalo Bore 38 Super + P ammo is rated for 1150 fps with a 147gr FMJ. Must be some new RL-26 powder for pistols to get these speeds. And no, a 38 Super can't hang with a 357 mag without comparing jacked up Super loads to mild 357 loads. I get so tired of people making this comparison.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Seems like a legitimate concern if velocities are that much higher than normal.

It’s called accurate #7 not saying that’s what the op is using. But if you two chowder heads open up ramshot loading manual you would see.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I asked the OP a question to which no response has been received. The OP says these are heavy loads. I'd like to know just how heavy they are. The OP can easily answer my question. He can say I estimate this load to generate 36,100 PSI chamber pressure if using Ramshot data. By the way Maximum 38 Super +P is rated for 36,500 PSI. The OP can say Yes I'm using published load data, but he hasn't done that. Did Ramshot use Starline brass when developing their data? Little things like seating depth, temperature, components etc start to matter if running this close to maximum. Is the OP using the exact combination of components tested by his data, or have substitutions been made? I the consumer would like to know if I'm using Maximum loads, and if this exact combination of ingredients has been properly tested.

I find two things remarkable here:
1. Buffalo Bore +P with a 147 fmj (yes copper is harder and generates more pressure than lead) is rated for 1150fps. This falls right in line with the 5 or so manuals I have on hand. Thankyou 79S for mentioning Ramshot. I had not consulted this reference. Somehow this ammunition runs 100fps faster and that raises concerns.
2. Ramshot is willing to run this close to maximum pressure. I've not seen this from Lyman and Hodgdon. Hodgdon stops at 34,400 psi for their +P loads in the 38 super

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Gaschekt,

Quote " I would like to know" Who the Hell are you? lets see you money? and 38 Super? Rio7

GFY

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Heck, I don't know what I am buying :eyeroll: either but I want some.

If you would Sir, please add 100 of these to the others we discussed in yesterdays PM.

No rush as I will be traveling soon.

Thanks

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
MJac

Consider it done.

Cheers! smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

W
wgg Offline
W
Mackay_Sagebrush, I don't need ammo but wanted to say thank you for offering this ammo. I cast and load my own ammo. I realize not everyone can though.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I asked the OP a question to which no response has been received. The OP says these are heavy loads. I'd like to know just how heavy they are. The OP can easily answer my question. He can say I estimate this load to generate 36,100 PSI chamber pressure if using Ramshot data. By the way Maximum 38 Super +P is rated for 36,500 PSI. The OP can say Yes I'm using published load data, but he hasn't done that. Did Ramshot use Starline brass when developing their data? Little things like seating depth, temperature, components etc start to matter if running this close to maximum. Is the OP using the exact combination of components tested by his data, or have substitutions been made? I the consumer would like to know if I'm using Maximum loads, and if this exact combination of ingredients has been properly tested.

1. Buffalo Bore +P with a 147 fmj (yes copper is harder and generates more pressure than lead) is rated for 1150fps. This falls right in line with the 5 or so manuals I have on hand. Thankyou 79S for mentioning Ramshot. I had not consulted this reference. Somehow this ammunition runs 100fps faster and that raises concerns.
2. Ramshot is willing to run this close to maximum pressure. I've not seen this from Lyman and Hodgdon. Hodgdon stops at 34,400 psi for their +P loads in the 38 super

You are a complete jackass no manufactor will tell you there load data or exact pressure.
The loads have been tested in real firearms and deemed safe

Take a hike

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hey numb nuts he says he’s getting 1250fps with his ammo. About 50fps slower than ramshot data. As the ol saying goes shut up and color.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I will say that all ammo that I have purchased from McKay has been top notch. Bump for a great seller.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by asheepdog
I will say that all ammo that I have purchased from McKay has been top notch. Bump for a great seller.

MacKay gets 2 thumbs up from me too, the .44 Special ammo that I purchased from him shoots good groups.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This makes me want to get a 38 Super.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I certainly am no fan of seller............but......
VV N105 will do this easily(maybe not easily, but will do it). I doubt he is using it, but from what he is charging, he should be
If i were to guess, Accurate #7 at close to 9.0grns..IMHO his window is not outside of what is possible from factory.
Do your homework before coming after someone, and I would guess you are not a buyer anyway.
Even if he told you the psi, doubt you would believe, so let the dude make some money, and if the guys want to part with it
leave em alone.
I personally have a few questions about his loadings, but since I aint buying, its not my place.

Last edited by LeeC; 05/14/22.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Went out and ran a bunch of these little Hammers through an old Colt Combat Commander, while doing some other testing.

Paced of 75 yards and shot 10 rounds, standing unsupported.

Was aiming at the bottom of the black center (6 O-Clock hold).

My 50+ y/o eyes do not do well with irons, and for accuracy testing I normally use RDOs (red dot optics), but I just wanted to get a rough idea on what I could do at 75, shooting cold.

The results were 3 As, 6 Cs and a D Zone hit. Not great, but reasonable enough for the first (and only) run.

The old Combat Commander gobbles up these little .38 Super Hammers like a Democrat goes through other people's money. laugh

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
BUMP!

And thanks for all the Kudos!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
tag

Retired cat herder.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
UP!

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

C
C
I'll take 100 rounds.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by LeeC
I certainly am no fan of seller............but......
VV N105 will do this easily(maybe not easily, but will do it).

The VV load manual shows 1293fps with a 147gr XTP using 8.4gr of N105 in a 5.5" barrel. In my 5" Kimber, that load runs 1225fps.
The loads are shown as max pressure, but are not listed as +P. Bumping the load up to 8.9gr of N105, it runs 1291fps. That's the load a normally shoot and I haven't had any issues with it in my particular gun.

Tony

ETA: AA#7 works good in the Super, but it's extremely dirty so I quit using it.

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by c1rtez
I'll take 100 rounds.

You got it!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1100mag, 62 invisible), 3,731 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,763
Posts18,535,773
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.