Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I know that these are highly sought after by grown adults thanks to the invention of TSS shotgun shells for turkey hunting and have driven the price of these guns even further through the roof but I have a 9yr old daughter soon to be 10yr old and she has a little brother that's 5 yrs old that I am trying my best to find them a beginner or youth semiauto 20ga shotgun to keep from putting them through the pain and agony of learning to dove hunt with a H&R single shot 20ga like my father made me learn with. This is not a BS or scam ad of a grown man wanting a small light weight shotgun for himself, its a legitimate ad to keep the tradition of young hunters involved in hunting alive. I personally use a Benelli SBE for all my shotgun needs and will probably be buried with it unless I give it to the kids after I am dead and gone. Saying all of this I am looking for a Remington or Beretta or Franchi or Browning. I want to give her something she can use for a long time and then pass down to little brother when she graduates to the brand new SBE2 I have put back for her. We (she and I) are avid dove hunters and hunt every weekend until rifle season for deer opens. I understand the price of these going higher every year but not looking to spend what I can order her a brand new for. I would even entertain the idea of an A5 Browning 20ga and shortening the stock for her but how crazy is that of me to ask seeing how much those things are bringing. DEFINITELY not looking for a safe queen in anything I am going to break her in on. I just want dependable, and something she can hang on to and possibly change out the stocks to full size if she doesn't want to shoot another as she gets older. I can provide pics of her ambition of dove hunting to whomever contacts me about this. I am NOT in the market for a Tristar or Weatherby or any of the other youth models and definitely NOT a pump gun that are currently or not currently made. Not that there is anything wrong with them just not what I am looking for.

Sorry for the lengthy/rant type ad but time is ticking and I may have to go the new route and but if I do, then I will.

Thank you for your time. Hopefully someone will come through for her.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you happen to find an A5 20ga for her, I have a stock that’s already cut that came on a sweet 16 I bought a while back. It should fit the 20. Then you would have the full length stock for when she gets older. Just a thought, and might save you from cutting the original.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
The stoeger m3020 is an excellent gun and I think you could get a youth model possibly.

If not, take a look at the Franchi Affinity Compact.

Also, the Tristar raptors are a cheap starter semi auto. I see plenty of semi autos at Walmart for dove hunting and my local Walmart recently had a 28 gauge semi for $239. At that price just cut the stock and add a recoil pad back.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Affinity Compact would be my first choice, and was. Been through 2 kids already.....and now I use it during the adult season. If a more budget option is on the table...the Weatherby SA-08

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not sure if this fits your criteria or not, but I have an excellent condition (95%+) Ted Williams Model 300 (Winchester 1400) 20ga, 2-3/4" only, available. Original, still good, recoil pad and 28" vent rib barrel with the factory Polly-Choke on it. Maybe find another stock to cut down? Been sitting in my safe too long and going to a couple kids would be great! PM if interested and I can text you some pictures.

Dean

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
PM sent

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
pm's replied thank you to all who inputted. I am going to stick to trying to find one of the 4 I referenced in the message with also a benelli compact in the running as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1minute, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,602
Posts18,511,493
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.