Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Following need to figure what I want to put on my Belgara carbon
I was very temped when the 10x were 199
I like the ret on it for this application

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't pay attention and missed the SWFA sale, but a fixed 10 power won't work for me. Most of the stuff I shoot at is moving or fixing to move. I'd sure give the 6 power SWFA a try though. Most of stuff I'll shoot at with a 22 will be within 75yds. I kill a lot of stuff and shoot something pretty much every day around the farm. But I've never shot a rifle off a bipod or adjustable front rest. And honestly I'd be very happy to hit a penny at a 100yds with any rifle.

Life is good live it while you can.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Have a SWFA 10x on my 77-22 and a 12x on the 10-22. Can't go wrong with them!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenacp

They would be the wrong scope for his intended use. He may shoot at moving targets at close range.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paula,

Chime in,once you've seen your FIRST one in the flesh...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've only multiple dozens of same and schit that moves up close,ain't "safe". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Paula,

Chime in,once you've seen your FIRST one in the flesh...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've only multiple dozens of same and schit that moves up close,ain't "safe". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by kenacp

They would be the wrong scope for his intended use. He may shoot at moving targets at close range.

A coon sitting in a tree is an easy target, trying to follow a tree rat running from limb to limb not so much. Big Stick will make me look silly shooting a rifle at a stationary target with his 10 power. But I'd like to shoot skeet against him using 22's if he ever makes it down this way, I'll even buy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Some moving critter up close scenarios are best handled with a shotgun. An Aimpoint/reflex sight can make a rifle work almost as well.

Much of the fixed magnification "handicap" is between the ears. About anyone can improve rifle pointing skills with clay target shotgun practice, using binocular vision.

Still want a shotgun that fits for anything flying.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've shot a lot of running rabbits with a .22 and barn swallows and sparrows on the wing with my BB gun when I was a kid. Iron sights for both. I wouldn't want a 10x scope for such work.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've shot a lot of running rabbits with a .22 and barn swallows and sparrows on the wing with my BB gun when I was a kid. Iron sights for both. Sure as hell wouldn't have wanted a 10x scope.

Sure would be nice to be able to see open sights again. Had a cave that the swallows would use as a roost, and I sure wasted a lot of ammo shooting at them. I still waste a lot of ammo shooting at tennis balls from my porch while they swing from a cable. A tennis ball doesn't change directions like a bird but they're still hard to hit once you get them moving with a rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stock fit and trigger time,do real favors. My "trouble" is I'm coordinated and shoot more than a "few" patterns,in a magnitude that very fhuqking few could begin to fhuqking fathom. Hint.

Blackheart is a CLUELESS Drooling Brokedick and that is never not fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

It's never been difficult to savvy who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stock fit and trigger time,do real favors. My "trouble" is I'm coordinated and shoot more than a "few" patterns,in a magnitude that very fhuqking few could begin to fhuqking fathom. Hint.

Blackheart is a CLUELESS Drooling Brokedick and that is never not fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Blackheart has competed in and won a 4 position smallbore State championship. Big joke hasn't competed in jack diddly. He's been challenged to put his skills where his big mouth is by John Burns right here on this forum and would have none of it even after Burns offered to pay his air fare to Wyoming. That tells anybody all they need to know about Big joke and his great skills.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joan,

You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Brokedick,that you also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Bless your heart,you poor poor(literally) Drooling Brokedick Fhuqk.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Joan,

You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Brokedick,that also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Every once in awhile I toggle one of your posts just to see if you've learned to speak English yet or have anything new or different you're attempting to communicate. So far that's a big negatory. Same old shyt, different day, definitely not worth my time.. On your best day I'd have mopped the floor with your cowardly ass in registered smallbore competition. You're a sad little joke of a retarded dwarf and your unwillingness to put your skills on the line against other top competitors and/or John Burns proves it without a doubt. Talk, including that retarded Alaskan bush gibberish you spew, is cheap. Bitch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Joan,

You are welcome to whatever and wherever your Imagination and Pretend NEEDS to take you most...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by EdM
I have two of these. One on a Sako P72 I was out shooting today and the other on a Bergara B14R and I am pleased so far.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-di...e-with-v-plex-reticle-moa-dbk-10017.aspx

I have this on a Bergara Carbon 22 I own. For my use, it’s great. I really just wanted the parallax adjustment. I don’t shoot past 100 very often, occasionally steel out to 225.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Blackheart has competed in and won a 4 position smallbore State championship. Big joke hasn't competed in jack diddly. He's been challenged to put his skills where his big mouth is by John Burns right here on this forum and would have none of it even after Burns offered to pay his air fare to Wyoming. That tells anybody all they need to know about Big joke and his great skills.

Thought he just shot fish?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use old Redfield’s on my .22’s I use for plinking. I like the fine crosshair models

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Don’t overlook the Hawke Airmax series. I discovered these scopes while playing with springer air guns like the AirArms TX200. They are tough, have good optics, great crosshair options, and can be found for just over $200. Designed for air guns, they make the transition to .22 really well.
JC

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (257 mag, 2UP, 37L1, 7887mm08, 35, 22 invisible), 1,720 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.