Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
If things go right tomorrow this will follow me home

Seekins Havak PH2 .308

[Linked Image from seekinsprecision.com]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
HR IC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Deans
If things go right tomorrow this will follow me home

Seekins Havak PH2 .308

[Linked Image from seekinsprecision.com]

Damn! Good luck! No one speaks Ill of the Seekins rifles.

Semper Fi
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I never see anthing like that in the pawn shops I frequent.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice. I saw a used Seekins a while back. Good looking rifles.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good luck, most pawn shop around here want more than new prices for beat to crap junk

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by pullit
Good luck, most pawn shop around here want more than new prices for beat to crap junk

Same here

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Originally Posted by pullit

Same here

Same here, very, very, very seldom do I see a good deal in a pawn shop, particularly since most of them will check on-line prices before they buy or sell anything.

D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Well guys I did not come home with the Seekins. My buddy at the pawn shop knows the customer that brought it in very well and was told to get good groups the rifle needed either a muzzle brake or suppressor for the best accuracy. That did it for me. Also the grip was too big for my hand.

So I came home with this Savage High Country .308. Like the look and feel better. Plus it was more economical and new.

[Linked Image from 1s18w12tqveh1xfywp1ulx42-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well guys I did not come home with the Seekins. My buddy at the pawn shop knows the customer that brought it in very well and was told to get good groups the rifle needed either a muzzle brake or suppressor for the best accuracy. That did it for me. Also the grip was too big for my hand.

So I came home with this Savage High Country .308. Like the look and feel better. Plus it was more economical and new.

That's funny. I wonder how many guys take in good rifles that say they don't shoot for them and the new buyer gets them to shoot bughole groups? Those new Savages are Fugly, but I have a buddy that loves them.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Hey Deans

Where is the Seekins? I might want to take a look.

Thanks
Dave

IC B3

D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tdd4570
Hey Deans

Thanks
Dave

Tomball Pawn & Jewelry

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Beat me too it.
Thanks for the heads up

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Hey Deans

Thanks
Dave

Tomball Pawn & Jewelry

The guy that owned it for a long time was a dick. Josh told me he sold it last time I was in there. His son opened his own place behind Cy-Fair high school. AGR

Last edited by hanco; 06/06/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you got that intel that steered you toward passing on it. Anytime I see something like that in a pawn shop, it makes me wonder.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

That's funny. I wonder how many guys take in good rifles that say they don't shoot for them and the new buyer gets them to shoot bughole groups? Those new Savages are Fugly, but I have a buddy that loves them.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I had a Bergara tgst I couldn't get to group. Replaced it with a 6.5CM Savage High Country. Nice small groups.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hanco
Hey Deans

Thanks
Dave

Tomball Pawn & Jewelry

The guy that owned it for a long time was a dick. Josh told me he sold it last time I was in there. His son opened his own place behind Cy-Fair high school. AGR

That all happened over 10 years ago Maybe even longer ago...........

The last time I passed through Tomball Pawn's doors was maybe five years ago under new management. They had a rifle I was interested in, so I went back the next day to see if they would trade.

They offered a fair trade so I said ok. When they wrote the deal up, they tried to charge me full sales tax on their rifle, so I said no thanks and left. I haven't been back since then.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Deans Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by hanco
Hey Deans

Thanks
Dave

Tomball Pawn & Jewelry

I heard awhile back the son has some health problems. Haven't been in there for several years.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,480
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.