Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 1,842 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A friend of mine had a 12v out there & it did very well & was much nicer to carry, especially in difficult areas like hanging like a monkey up in the rafters or something like that.

I think a lot of it has to do with the battery types, a high end 12v will probably outperform a bargain 18v.

looked outside, our snow from last night is gone already. There might be hope for a trip out to the shack tonight after all.

Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
forgot to show you guys the "kitchen"

me & my oldest boy were out there last night. I lit the woodstove to take the chill out of the place so my boy could sit in the shack & do his homework while I went out to a spot we picked out for his mom to hunt this weekend with the brush mower/tractor.

I mowed another slaughter yard... very cool spot, next year it will get worked up & it will become a food plot, but for this year, it just has nice visability & it catches several intersecting trails that look like they see a lot of traffic.

here's the kitchen.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I see a little snow peeking through one of those windows still. that table is perfect too...i wouldn't change a thing on that.

was there enough snow left to see any tracks in it? or did it all melt away. cold and nasty today in northern wi. too warm to snow but with the mist its cold enough to freeze your butt off.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah the snow stayed in places, especially on trails I had cut & yes, deer tracks still look very good in snow!!! smile

that is going to be the table top but I have to get rid of the sawhorse legs, I plan on building a pedistal wall from the floor to the underside, up the center of that top (top is 3'x8') like a island/bar sort of thing.

then later on when we get time we will collect items like coyote teeth, rifle cartrage rims of various cal, maybe some recovered bullets from deer, a few muzzy blades, maybe a few pictures etc & lay them all out on the table top & trim the perimeter with trim board that stands a little proud of the table surface to sort of create a tray, like a big cookie sheet, then pour it full of that liquid glass & let it harden.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
that is an even better idea. maybe some pictures from times at the camp or of people who would have loved to be there and are gone now. sort of we are here in sprit type deal. the recovered bullet is a good idea too. I have two and don't know what to do with them so they are in a box...if i can find them anyway.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that's exactly what we're thinkin with the pictures Tom, I got one guy in mind that would have really liked the shanty in the woods. there will be plenty of pictures of him in the bar top.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave -
How about some photo's of the view out of each of your stands. The trails and "slaughter yards" etc. That would be cool!

Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
not bad rooster shmooster... not bad.

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Nice kitchen area! The hardwork sure looks to be paying off with all the interior walls making the place look more the place of comfort all the time.

I'd also like to see some pics of something not yet mentioned, if it was I missed it. The most important thing at camp other then a camp is pics of the family and friends sitting around the stove warming up, or the campfire roasting marshmellows, maybe an open fire grilling steak together, or the BBQ grill with friends sharing a beer? I dunno maybe some pancakes being whipped up with sausage and eggs while everyone is getting the strategies of the day laid into place? Playing cardgames or simply sharing stories, oh heck you get the idea.

That type of atmosphere is what makes camp a CAMP in my opinion it is more the friendships and relationships being strengthened as you have pointed out before, those pictures are PRICELESS. I've never taken enough!

Oh had an idea on another subject too, you might just consider settingup a wall tent of sorts or making a small Meat Processing outbuilding with heat for processing meat on those cold snowy days. It might help keep the cabin clean. wink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good morning all.

I set up a ladder stand for my wife last night in a spot I've worked on a little bit & I thought i'd share the view from her new stand. Scanning from her left to right taken from the stand.

pictures don't do the tamaracs justice, the colors are beautiful right now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by northern_dave; 10/11/07.

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thats what I'm talkin 'bout! Nice!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
pssssst, guess what color cap I'm wearing today???

No really, guess.

come on guess, no, no, really.
go on, guess....

ok, ok, i'll give you a hint...

um, it rhymes with "glaze borange"

smile

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Blue?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Blue?

grin

I'm starting to climb the walls in here.... like a caged dog!!!... well, maybe like some sort of mutant dog monkey thing... on a count of the dogs inability to climb & such.... and I suppose the caged monkey dog creature has an orange hat.... dohh!!!

I can't take it much longer, got the shakes... ohhh, breathe, relax.. nerves calming now... sitting at my desk like i'm in a deer stand... ahh, motionless... just like the lincoln memorial.

scanning with my eyes from left to right... what's that? behind me... foot steps... I must turn slowly.... as not to be detected.... oh, it's only a harmless shop floor worker.... he's looking right at me... his mouth is moving as if he is trying to communicate with me, but does he even really see me? I see his mouth moving but all I hear is red squirrel chatter.... I must ignore him, surely he will go away...

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
thats funny stuff...funny stuff. maybe he is color blind too so the blaze hat means nothing to him.

I thought I got the fever bad. I couldn't sleep last night because we are going to "da camp".

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Surely he only sees in black & white & I haven't skylined myself... the wind is calm.. as long as I don't move he'll think nothing of me & soon he'll move along....

(can't take it, I'm busting out of here at noon, if I make it that long)

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm aughta here!!!

have a good weekend all!!

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[quote=northern_dave]Surely he only sees in black & white & I haven't skylined myself... the wind is calm.. as long as I don't move he'll think nothing of me & soon he'll move along....

Rolling spit ball in mouth. Getting it good and drippy. Slowly, sloooowly insert into gutted pen with the tip of the tongue. Breathe, Breathe, calm down! can he hear my heart pounding?? C'mon big guy....one more.....thats it.......just one moooore step.... There it is!!!...perfect quartering away broadside......PHOOOO.....SPLAT!! OMG!!! YES!! Direct hit between the second and third rib! YES! THANK YOU JESUS!!! Now stay calm. Calm down! Don't move!! Don't give away your position. Replay the shot in your head....Pick a landmark of where you last seen him....The copier! Remember the copy machine....OH and the fax. He went between the copier and the fax machine...GAWD I'm shaking!! CRASH!! YES!! YES!! YES!! HE'S DOWN!! OHHH...HE'S DOWN! Thank you! Thank you God!

(Man I need to get out of here too) crazy

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Too funny!!

Sadly, no deers were injured over the course of the weekend.

the boy flung some lead at a running doe.. but that's about it.

The boy's ma came up too. we dressed her up in a deer fighting costume & gave her a thompson encore with a .243 barrel on it, put her in a deer stand with instructions to kill deers... she didn't see anything though.

My wife put in a lot of time out in the woods, turned out she had a little bit of the wrong place at the wrong time syndrom yesterday.

We built a stand for her on sat, good spot, lots of sign, good shooting lane. She was in that stand yesterday morning but got out of the stand & walked north to another spot she wanted to try. Shortly after moving, they boy happened along under the stand she started out in & he pushed 6 deer out from under her stand. She was pretty sick to hear about that.

so, no deer but it was a great weekend anyways. My aunt & uncle came up & visited which was really nice. He brought an airless sprayer along for us to use for getting the oil stain on the outside of the cabin.

I'm going out of town for a couple of days on business, then when I get back I'll be getting ready for a youth hunt this coming weekend with my daughter. All of this watching other people dressed up in deer hunting costumes & carrying guns around... it's starting to get to me smile

Dave

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
howdy all, back in the saddle after a 2 day business trip.

business trip happened to take us past a scheels store, sportsmans warehouse, gander mountain & a cabelas.... strange how that worked.... wink

I picked up a few things along the way, a new perc style coffee pot (old one leaked) a queen sized air matress (I hope that gets us through this first year, then I'll look for a real bed) A double pulley & gambrel set for the meat pole, cammo blind cloth, an oil lamp, and a few other little do-dads like cord & carabeener snap hooks for raising rifles up into stands safely.

My daughter has her deer license for early youth hunt this weekend, by the looks of the forcast I'll be sighting her rifle in the rain tonight, supposed to keep raining until saturday. frown

Something clever here.

Page 13 of 1,842 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.