Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Muddly Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Been an age since I got her dirty, so I grab a box of her favorite ammo. CCI standard velocity is fantastic in this pistol.
Shot at 10 yards, my eyeglass rx isn't ideal for open sighted handguns. Did some work offhand and supported, with and without my glasses.
Groups offhand were in the inch an a half range. Supported, half to three quarter inch.
There was a roughly postage stamp size scrap of paper on the backstop. I decided to fling my last three rounds at it. Supported and with my glasses ( FUZZY sights!)
The hole on the right was already there. My rounds have the carbon smudges.
This is why I love my old MK1!
1960 production, plenty of finish wear, a SUPERB trigger, Volquartsen recoil spring and a 6 7/8" tapered heavy barrel.
Can't post the pic. Seems it's too big...
The 3 rounds touched and center to center measured a quarter inch.
No too shabby...

Keepin my back green and my powder dry.
The LORD bless and keep you
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a mk3 with a 4" barrel. Heck of a target pistol. I like most anything Ruger anyway

Romans 5:1
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mk1 were good, though I prefer the MKII. I did buy a MKIII but the loaded round indicator caused a malfunction in my granddaughter’s hand, blew out all the indicator except the pivot pin part disabling the weapon. After that I lost all interest in the MKIII and IV. The II’s all have Clark trigger group, the III is stock as I am not real fond of it to dump more money in. Been looking for a MKII 45 style to replace the III.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ruger's original work of genius still rings my chime! I never noticed the lack of an automatic hold-open once someone showed me how the manual one works. My 1962 Standard blue 6" is still my go-to for informal targets. And it's killed a lot of small game over the years. Only change I made was smooth walnut grips w/nice figure. No idea how many rounds down the spout but it has to be thousands. Replaced the recoil spring years ago.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No MK are better.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Had MK 1 and 2 and 22/45 versions.
Like to have a MK3 frame w MK2 receiver w a MK3 bbl ( smaller underside label ).

Can get the parts.....

Said heck w it and got a Buckmark target.

Still like the old MKs but am content.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
MK II is where its at..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
MK II is where its at..

I have a stainless MK II and it's very, very accurate.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
MK II is where its at..

I have a stainless MK II and it's very, very accurate.

The nice thing about them is they always go bang: Super reliable with many different kinds of ammo. When I shoot mine (not very often) I generally just use bulk box federal hollow points:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/A77wJPJ.mp4[/img]

Right to left works too:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/QtllA9P.mp4[/img]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Once upon a time, my brother had a MK I/standard and he brought it with on a fishing trip. I never paid much attention to rimfires and was giving him sh(t for bringing a .22 with him.

He happened to be in the middle of a case while standing in the river and without saying a word, he drew the MK I and shot a tweety bird that had been squawking at us. That bird was about 30 yards away, in a tree, and that was the last time I ever talked crap about .22s.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've probably owned 6-7 Ruger .22 autopistols, mostly the 5.5" target models. Of them all, the best shooting one of the bunch was a Standard Model 6", the oldest one of the bunch, too. That thing would dot I's and cross T's at any distance I cared to shoot, mostly with the old blue-box Federals I bought at the Ft. Bragg PX. It was one of those pistols I should have kept.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've probably owned 6-7 Ruger .22 autopistols, mostly the 5.5" target models. Of them all, the best shooting one of the bunch was a Standard Model 6", the oldest one of the bunch, too. That thing would dot I's and cross T's at any distance I cared to shoot, mostly with the old blue-box Federals I bought at the Ft. Bragg PX. It was one of those pistols I should have kept.

Now that is a pistol you can "love". My 5.5" stainless model is the same way. It didn't come drilled and tapped, so I did it myself. I don't intend on getting rid of it and I needed a good reliable 22lr pistol for my clubs bowling pin matches. That 5.5" bull barrel will outshoot my 6 7/8" target competition model.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how hard they are to strip and clean. Never seeing an issue myself. I love the fact it doesn't take any tools to pull them apart, is A ok with me. Takes 3 minutes to strip it, clean it and put it back together..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised no one has mentioned how hard they are to strip and clean. Never seeing an issue myself. I love the fact it doesn't take any tools to pull them apart, is A ok with me. Takes 3 minutes to strip it, clean it and put it back together..

If that’s all it took, then it wasn’t worth cleaning.

Swifty
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The 6 7/8 taper bull MKs are the coolest.
Had a minty Mk1.
Too nice to D&T IMHO.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I like my Mark 4 Hunter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I probably haven't shot my MkII Government Target Model in 20 years, but a few weeks ago I put a Volquartsen rear sight on it and got several boxes of CCI SV stuff....thinking I may get into the bullseye matches at the gun club.

Mathew 22: 37-39

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I currently have two MKII models, have had MKI's also. One of my MKII's is stock except for a set of scope mounts that circle the receiver. The other is stainless with a threaded barrel that wears a suppressor and has a "slotted" mount for my scope.

I also have a AMT "Lightemimg" that was a close enough copy of the Ruger to wear the same grips, magazines, and share several other parts - close enough I think that Ruger won a lawsuit against AMT? The AMT is stainless also, but the receiver is grooved for scope mounts.

Love them all!

Mike Holmes

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Busted out the MKII 22/45 target, the other day. Havnt shot it in a few years. Forgot how much fun that gun is

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
10" Mark 2 is probably my favorite but i have a Mark 1, several other Mark 2s and a Mark 3

Attached Images
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
All the ruger Mks that I’ve had shot better than I can shoot them, as mentioned above once you know how to take them apart and put them back together it’s a breeze. I always said another good thing about them is when you run out of ammo you can use the front site to defend yourself

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1moredeer, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.