Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
You'd think Glocks were blowing up daily. Truth be known, there are probably more G20s out there than all other brands of 10mm combined. Add in the G29s and G40s and Glock almost certainly has the lion's share of the 10mm market. I doubt Glocks go boom proportionally more than any other brand. And no doubt some instances of kabooms were reloader errors, hot factory ammo makers fault (Underwood apparently admitted to at least one high profile episode), and general ineptness of owners changing out springs, triggers, barrels and other modifications. And Sig P-series pistols are hardly immune to kabooms. Looks for them and they are there. I like Sigs and I own multiple P-series Sigs, and have owned many more than what I have now. But they've pretty much been retired in favor of Glocks.

Google 10mm kabooms and lost of Glock kabooms appear to sélect from, much more than any other brand

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475
You'd think Glocks were blowing up daily. Truth be known, there are probably more G20s out there than all other brands of 10mm combined. Add in the G29s and G40s and Glock almost certainly has the lion's share of the 10mm market. I doubt Glocks go boom proportionally more than any other brand. And no doubt some instances of kabooms were reloader errors, hot factory ammo makers fault (Underwood apparently admitted to at least one high profile episode), and general ineptness of owners changing out springs, triggers, barrels and other modifications. And Sig P-series pistols are hardly immune to kabooms. Looks for them and they are there. I like Sigs and I own multiple P-series Sigs, and have owned many more than what I have now. But they've pretty much been retired in favor of Glocks.

Google 10mm kabooms and lost of Glock kabooms appear to sélect from, much more than any other brand

But is it disproportional to other brands? We don't know that. If there are far more Glocks, then it seems one could expect more occurrences if things are proportional. And, we also don't know the real causes of most instances regardless of manfacturer. Only that which whoever chooses to disclose.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
My DW Razorback is pretty accurate, with a very tight slide to frame fit. Still in its break-in phase. However, my accuracy champ is my 10mm Ruger Vaquero, with S&W adjustable sights.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DR505
My DW Razorback is pretty accurate, with a very tight slide to frame fit. Still in its break-in phase. However, my accuracy champ is my 10mm Ruger Vaquero, with S&W adjustable sights.

Wow, cool, I didn't even know you could put adjustable sights on a Vaquero or get one in 10mm either. blush

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Those are sweet!

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most accurate 10mm

6.5" S&W 610

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Once you’ve seen the “Glock Smile,” you’ll want to be very careful with a Glock 10mm:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

https://www.classaction.org/news/gl...ber-defect-in-certain-semi-auto-handguns

But,they're on Gen 1,2,3,4,5ish......and still have smiles that Glucksters don't want to acknowledge or admit the issue.

Tupper Ware @ $500USD & triple the cost installing internals/barrel to improve function & accuracy.....Ignorance!!!

And still come in under the price of a SNIG, and work ALWAYS

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Again, very sweet. Who did the work on the Vaquero?

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D

Again, very sweet. Who did the work on the Vaquero?

Alan Harton of Houston, TX.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Tanfoglio? Popular target pistol.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Tanfoglio Witness Stock II. It has made 5-shot groups in the .6"-.8" range at 15 yards on days when my eyes are not blurry.
It had some problems though. Seems to me the Tanfoglio engineers quit when they had the design almost right.

The lug on the bottom of the barrel rides in a notch in the frame. A flange on the rear of the recoil spring guide-rod rests in the front edges of the notch. After not many rounds the notch was peened enough that the barrel lug could not slide forward out of the notch and the slide could only be removed by pounding it off with a nylon hammer. Stoning the burr out of the notch restored normal operation for another range session. Installing a Henning Recoil Spring Guide cured that problem.

The shelf on the magazine follower is plastic and there is about 1/16" contact with the slide-stop lever. After a little wear the follower can jump over the shelf on the slide-stop lever locking the slide open and locking the magazine in place. The slide-stop lever must be removed to pull the magazine and get back in business. I had a gunsmith weld and extension on the slide-stop to better engage the follower and after a bit of filing to get the contour right it works fine.

I think I will be very happy with this pistol but it took an excessive amount of tinkering to get a nearly $1100 pistol to work.

It also flings brass for at least ten yards in the 4 o'clock direction.

Cheers,
Walt

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Has anyone compared the Delta Elite’s?

Seems the don’t get much attention this days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by viking
Has anyone compared the Delta Elite’s?

Seems they don’t get much attention these days.
Good thing Delta Elites came stock with rubber grips, as factory barrels were sometimes excessively ramped to the point where cartridge cases would occasionally blowout down through the magazine well, as seen with 10 mm Glocks. I never experienced any such problem with the Bar-Sto 10mm barrel I had installed in my Delta Elite. With that Bar-Sto barrel, accuracy was of course superb. I used it to heart shoot my first handgun-taken deer.

Another Delta Elite drawback was that it threw empties into the next county. In addition, because it was pretty light for a 10mm, it would recoil skyward till nearly vertical, unless the shooter had forearms like Popeye. Installation of a second Bar-Sto barrel in 40S&W tamed it dramatically.

Because I now have a more useful 10mm (the RIA 52000, pictured previously), my Delta Elite spends most of its time set up this way:

Every day’s an adventure.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had an early Delta Elite for several years. I had one of the "good" ones (a lot of them were not fitted together very well, and they beat themselves to pieces). I had it for about 15 years or so. It wasn't a bad shooter at all, but I think the RIA Ultra 6" gun I have now is probably a better built gun than that particular DE. It seems to operate smoother than the Colt did, and shoots quite well. It's more fussy about ammo length, but otherwise, it's a decent pistol. The Colt was pretty forgiving, really, with cartridge OAL, unlike the RIA, which is sort of a PITA about getting it "just right".
I was shooting a lot of IPSC back then, and added a Heinie compensated barrel to it, and adjustable sights, beavertail, etc., which made it a lot easier to shoot well. The RIA has most of that stuff done already, that might account for some of the difference between it and the Colt.
The RIA throws brass into the next county, though, unlike the Colt did. My Colt was a pretty nice pistol, but a lot of my friends also bought them around the same time, and theirs seem to beat themselves up pretty quickly. I haven't shot the RIA nearly as much as I did the Colt, but I've only had it one year now.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The most accurate 10mm pistol I ever fired was a 10 inch T/C contender.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here ya' go, a contender for "most accurate 10mm," and they just re-stocked 'em.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/ls10/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
My XDM- Elite seems to be accurate

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by skeen
Here ya' go, a contender for "most accurate 10mm," and they just re-stocked 'em.

Nice. I suppose five 10mms isn't too many.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by skeen

Nice. I suppose five 10mms isn't too many.

They sold out quickly. shocked smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jwp475
My XDM- Elite seems to be accurate

That is sweet!

Old guy, old guns.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (16penny, 16gage, 12savage, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 47 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,140
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.