Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
The Court's opinion also stated that the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms should not be held to a lower standard than other constitutional rights.

"We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant’s right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense," Thomas wrote.

Fûck’n A, Clarence.

🦫

PS

Clarence got himself a big handful Liberal hair and yanked it out at the root.

Don’t mess with the dudes wife on social media.

Lmao

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Bully!!!! 👍

Yeah, that's what the left will call him. wink

Yes, but it is the Bill of Rights and not the Bill of Lefts. Or something like that.... Most likely why the first 10 are logical and help keep this country intact. They leftist even by name cannot deal properly with logic and facts.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
NEVERS are not a colour. They are a phenomenon, a state of mind. Many crackers are NEVERS.

Bill Clinton is one. You might think about that some time.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds good only thing I don't like is 3 voted against should have been 9 yes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I wonder if eyeball and chilinstructor can withhold their "n----r" comments for one thread.

LOL

Probably not. That's the way it is with racist cundts.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
I know English is a tough language, but it's pretty sad that we need a troop of high-end lawyers to interpret what I thought was concise and clear verbiage.

It keeps them off the streets.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 79S
The Court's opinion also stated that the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms should not be held to a lower standard than other constitutional rights.

"We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant’s right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense," Thomas wrote.

In numerous dissents he has accused the majority of regarding the second amendment as a "second class" constitutional right.

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Sheister
It will be interesting to see how the other states like California try to twist this to suit their ridiculous rules for obtaining a concealed carry permit . This ruling is pretty clear in that it applies to all instances, not just the NY case IMO....

My guess -- having lived in Los Angeles for 36 years -- is that the various California city councils and county supervisors will pass laws to establish steep and onerous fees for the worker peasants to obtain a permit/license. Such as .....

"Yes sir, here's the application for a CCW. Oh, by the way, the fee is $5,000.00. The license/permit is only valid for one year and you'll have to renew each year. That fee will be $5,000.00, too. Have a nice day"

Just watch and see.

L.W.

I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on tv, but if I vaguely remember right, there was a case that concluded that such practices were defacto bans.

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Bully!!!! 👍

Yeah, that's what the left will call him. wink

Yes, but it is the Bill of Rights and not the Bill of Lefts. Or something like that.... Most likely why the first 10 are logical and help keep this country intact. They leftist even by name cannot deal properly with logic and facts.

For sure. I expect the Constitution GOD blessed our nation with will be our nations saving grace.

The pukes may hit some with red flag confiscation but the constitution will save the 2A and have it repealed eventually.

If things get too bad we always have the convention of states to do away with DC, Congress and the SC.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by philgood80
Hochul, in her press charade, said the SCOTUS has stripped NY state of the ability to protect its citizens in their schools, subways, etc.

If it is the state’s job to protect people on subways, then there needs to be a lawsuit headed her way. When govt claims that it has the obligation to protect, the people should take them up on that obligation in a court of law.

I can’t rely on .gov to “protect” me. Laws don’t protect me. Laws are only there so that the state has the basis to right a wrong that has already been committed.

Just go sit the fugk down, communist. (Hoch'atwat).

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My brother pointed out the Bill of Rights are in fact "Articles I through 10." They are not Amendments! Amendment implies some adaptation that might be further "amended" or repealed as in the 18th, regarding Prohibition. Numbering the actual amendments as if continuing a mere list was careless, or cunning, but did cast doubt upon their absolute status. So far the Supremes have upheld the God given view as the apparent intent. The militia language in the Second has muddied the waters considerably, but scholars have pretty much read beyond that stipulation deciding that since all the other rights enumerated obviously pertain to the individual alone, not any temporary group formation, the second is indeed a personal right just as inviolate. The militia language, therefore, clearly indicates bearing arms is a guard against tyranny from whatever quarter, not just gang bangers or burglars or geese, something the Jerry Nadlers of the world find shocking indeed. Any government worth the name can certainly overcome technicalities, however. A few million AR 15's in the wild might not be much of an obstacle either, at first. IRS and Post Office buying lots of ammo sure seems crazy. Walmart alone has dealt a crippling blow by simply ending ammo sales.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I wonder if eyeball and chilinstructor can withhold their "n----r" comments for one thread.

LOL

I voted for Allen West for Texas Gov this spring. Maybe it grates on some that a certain race in this nation is the only one of many who has for decades decried about what a miserable place the US is.
The fact I'm a Nationalist and think we would have been better off picking our own cotton stems from a strong belief in Gods word we would pay for enslaving others is probably lost on many.

Maybe you havent read Lincolns speeches regarding his plans for those inhumanely stolen away to the US.

Maybe its racist to think they should be proud to be citizens of the US. Do you disagree?

Maybe you do worse and bear false witness?

Suck on Travies narcissist attempt to denigrate others and make himself seem bigger in the eyes of others like you all you wish.

It bothers me not one bit. I, and others, know where hes coming from.

Ride your bike on streets in cracker town where All races are safe.

If you want to have some real excitement take a bike ride down thousands of streets like Cullen Blvd where crackers pay for the streets and food stamps but arent allowed.

Yeah, sorry. We should have picked our own cotton but I have never believed or said all of any race are bad.
You and Travey would probably find lots of friends around Wheeler Ave and points just west of U of Houston. All you gotta do is be nice. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/23/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
My brother pointed out the Bill of Rights are in fact "Articles I through 10." They are not Amendments! Amendment implies some adaptation that might be further "amended" or repealed as in the 18th, regarding Prohibition. Numbering the actual amendments as if continuing a mere list was careless, or cunning, but did cast doubt upon their absolute status. So far the Supremes have upheld the God given view as the apparent intent. The militia language in the Second has muddied the waters considerably, but scholars have pretty much read beyond that stipulation deciding that since all the other rights enumerated obviously pertain to the individual alone, not any temporary group formation, the second is indeed a personal right just as inviolate. The militia language, therefore, clearly indicates bearing arms is a guard against tyranny from whatever quarter, not just gang bangers or burglars or geese, something the Jerry Nadlers of the world find shocking indeed. Any government worth the name can certainly overcome technicalities, however. A few million AR 15's in the wild might not be much of an obstacle either, at first. IRS and Post Office buying lots of ammo sure seems crazy. Walmart alone has dealt a crippling blow by simply ending ammo sales.

I appreciate his intent, but they are amendments. They weren't were not enumerated in the original Constitution drafted at the Philadelphia Convention in 1787. They were ratified in 1791.

We can thank George Mason, Edmund Randolph, and Elbridge Gerry for holding out and not signing the drafted Constitution in 1787 without including the Bill of Rights.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Any politician that employs personal bodyguards with firearms and takes away the ability of other citizens to reasonably protect themselves with firearms ought to be convicted of accessory to murder when someone is killed that cannot protect themselves. Then, after being found obviously guilty, should be hanged.
I'm all for that. Also, any politician who's an enemy of the right to keep and bear arms should be forced to post a prominent sign on their property stating that there are no firearms here.
I'd prefer to just hang politicians who write and vote for unconstitutional laws in the first place.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Sheister
It will be interesting to see how the other states like California try to twist this to suit their ridiculous rules for obtaining a concealed carry permit . This ruling is pretty clear in that it applies to all instances, not just the NY case IMO....

My guess -- having lived in Los Angeles for 36 years -- is that the various California city councils and county supervisors will pass laws to establish steep and onerous fees for the worker peasants to obtain a permit/license. Such as .....

"Yes sir, here's the application for a CCW. Oh, by the way, the fee is $5,000.00. The license/permit is only valid for one year and you'll have to renew each year. That fee will be $5,000.00, too. Have a nice day"

Just watch and see.

L.W.
It should be obvious and naturally assumed that to exercise a right specifically guaranteed by the Constitution requires no "permit", that the Constitution itself is your permit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He ain’t black !

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

LOL

I voted for Allen West for Texas Gov this spring. Maybe it grates on some that a certain race in this nation is the only one of many who has for decades decried about what a miserable place the US is.
The fact I'm a Nationalist and think we would have been better off picking our own cotton stems from a strong belief in Gods word we would pay for enslaving others is probably lost on many.

Maybe you havent read Lincolns speeches regarding his plans for those inhumanely stolen away to the US.

Maybe its racist to think they should be proud to be citizens of the US. Do you disagree?

Maybe you do worse and bear false witness?

Suck on Travies narcissist attempt to denigrate others and make himself seem bigger in the eyes of others like you all you wish.

It bothers me not one bit. I, and others, know where hes coming from.

Ride your bike on streets in cracker town where All races are safe.

If you want to have some real excitement take a bike ride down thousands of streets like Cullen Blvd where crackers pay for the streets and food stamps but arent allowed.

Yeah, sorry. We should have picked our own cotton but I have never believed or said all of any race are bad.
You and Travey would probably find lots of friends around Wheeler Ave and points just west of U of Houston. All you gotta do is be nice. grin

You'd never say any of that in front of Allen West or Justice Thomas.

Which was my point.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
THE most significant part of this decision is the SCOTUS's directive to lower appellate courts that they must use a historical and evidence perspective in deciding future 2nd Amendment cases. The court rejected the two step approach where lower courts have used a means-end approach in addition to a historical approach in making their rulings. The Court stated that judges lack the experience in the field to make cost and benefits judgements. Furthermore, the decision states that the Government must justify its regulation by demonstrating that it is consistent with the Nation's historical traditions of firearm regulation. The Gov't bears the burden of proof.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we are giving up rights as some people want I say we give up those pesky 4th and 5th Amendment rights. If the liberals want to pick and chose, those are the 2 I want gone. So there you fuggin' democRATs.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As I recall jo bidet vehemently opposed Clarence Thomas appointment to the Supreme Court. Justice Thomas has been a consistent and vigorous supporter of the Constitution. I have a lot of respect for him for that reason. I do not believe his decision in this case was in any way, shape or form a slap at the present incompetent in the White House. Clarence Thomas is a great American!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,940
Posts18,498,902
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.