Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sticky buns
When I was a teenager, dad brought some home from the local bake shop (remember them?).
I got sick after eating one, and it was probably not because of them, but a stomach bug, but I didn't eat them for years.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB4

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Chicken Pot Pie....got food poisoning from one. Never had another.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My mother opened and served us canned tamales when I was in about 1st grade.

She and I both got sick as a dog. sick

Austex brand.

I wouldn't touch any tamale for about 35 years.

Now I eat some good, homemade tamales, but for those years they were nauseating to even think about.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Chocolate chips. Ate a handful when treating a concrete slab in cold weather with a gas space heater. Got carbon monoxide sick and up came the chocolate chips. Couldn't eat them for at least 3 weeks - fortunately.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tequila makes you howl at the moon... Had so much tequila in Mex once, my friends convinced the waiter that every time I ordered another to just bring a shot glass of water. I was so far gone, I didn't know the difference.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nopo and I've gotten dang blasted wasted and sick in my yute. Couple of food poisoning incidents as well. Hasn't scared me off at all.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Golden Corral.

Mother in law had the whole family out and bought our meals. Food tasted okay, as good as can be expected from such an establishment anyway. First clue was when I went to take a piss and had to use a stall due to the urinals all being occupied. I zipped up and turn around to find the entire stall door painted in dried puke, bad sign.

When we made it home the wife and I were on a 10 minute rotation. One of us sit on the only toilet in our tiny one bathroom house while the other sat on the couch puking into the trash can. About 10 minutes and it would be time to switch places. Drink a quart of water to keep from getting dehydrated and start over.

It was so bad we had to get someone to come get the baby and keep him for a couple days as we could barely care for ourselves let alone an infant.

Never again will I step foot in that feed yard.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Austex brand.

Now I eat some good, homemade tamales, but for those years they were nauseating to even think about.
🤣 Those were the ones wrapped in toilet paper instead of corn husk.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Austex brand.

I still eat those every once in a while. They are OK, but not nearly as good as homemade tamales.

The only other “store bought” tamales I’ll eat are the Pedro’s frozen ones made in Lubbock.
If your ever driving through Lubbock, they have a to go window at their Tamale Factory. You can get them hot and fresh there. Damn Good Tamales!!! If I’m going through there on the way to NM or CO, I always stop the and get some to eat on the road.

Luckily, I’ve never had a bad Tamale. They are definitely my favorite Mexican Food. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/24/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nothing. I’m not too sharp

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

All those right there were the Master Keys to teenage girls belt buckles, zippers, and panties.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In 1971 I drank a 5th of gin with only 12 oz of 7up in an afternoon. Got really sick . . . imagine that. Even today, if I even SMELL gin, my stomach flips.

My mother used to make a side dish made with tomato soup, cottage cheese and other stuff (can't guess what else). I was up all night sitting on the toilet with a garbage can for the vomit in front of me. I was probably 14 or 15 and had had it before. I assume I had the flu, but that really tasted bad coming back up that night.

Haven't touched either since.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Jack Daniel's for me too. About 30 years ago, a few buddies and I went moonlight bowling. You could win some money If you got a strike on a rack with a colored head pin.

My one buddy and I each drained a pint of J. D. in about 10 minutes before we left. Halfway through the 2nd game, The whiskey kicked in......I missed my lane once and Joe missed twice........They told us we couldn't
bowl anymore so we decided to shoot some pool.

The management wasn't enthused when, after a questionable shot, we decided to settle the little disagreement by fencing with the pool cues.

We were no longer allowed in that particular establishment.

To this day, Just the smell of Jack Daniel's gives me the dry heaves.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Snake bites. I try to avoid them at all cost.
You have to skin & cook them before you bite them. They're pretty bad raw.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by socko1
Nothing. I’m not too sharp

Its a sign of weakness to quit.

I really dont like Brussels Sprouts.

I still eats em.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Polish sausage for the longest time. Got sick after eating it as a 10 yr old., and couldn't touch the stuff for 20 years.

Jack Daniels. Hard weekend on the stuff partying in Korea. Couldn't smell it for years without gagging. Only been the last 10 or so that it has come back into the liquor cabinet fold.

Soju. Way too many weekends with the guys and a few "battalion bottles" of that crap. Hadn't touched it since I left Korea until a year or so ago when the old lady wanted to go to a Korean restaurant nearby. Tried it for the first time in 37 years. Nope.

Oysters. Loved raw oysters. Until New Orleans, and I stupidly tried an oyster shooter at the urging of the W's friend. Blecchhh. Turned me off of oysters for a while.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seagrams VO! My ex-wifes best friend came over the night we split up. She brought a half gallon of that stuff! The night was one to remember but unfortunately, I can't! However, I do remember being violently ill. I haven't touched a drop of that stuff since and that was 40 years ago! Good thread! thanks for posting!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lil Debbie Star Crunch at grandparents as a kid. Probably ate the whole box in 12 hours. 40 years later, still a no-go!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stewed tomatoes.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Seagrams VO! My ex-wifes best friend came over the night we split up. She brought a half gallon of that stuff! The night was one to remember but unfortunately, I can't! However, I do remember being violently ill. I haven't touched a drop of that stuff since and that was 40 years ago! Good thread! thanks for posting!

Drive by Burger King today, made me think of this. They were my favorite burger until I got sick after eating one.

Last edited by hanco; 06/24/22.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,985
Posts18,480,987
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.