-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just moved into a rental duplex. When the frig isn't cycled on, it's as quiet as a church mouse. When it cycles on, the humming sound is about 2-3 times louder than my last frig. It's not like a Cesna taking off or anything, but I hear it as soon as a walk in the front door, and typically have to turn up the volume on the TV to ignore it.

Additionally, my last frig would cycle on for a few minutes and then go quiet for an extended time. This one cycles on and can hum for upwards of over an hour. If my last one was quiet 80% of the time, this one is the opposite, it's cycled on and humming 80% of the time.

There is no frost buildup in the freezer, it keeps things at the appropriate temperature, and nothing is blocking the vents in the freezer. Also, I have the temperatures set to "normal", nothing should be over working the thing.

I'm clueless on appliances. Anyone have any thoughts? If I put in a work order with the property manager, I want to have some ideas in case they want to just gaff it off.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a new one a couple years ago and it's noisy. Makes a lot more noise than any I've had before.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Mine did that 3 months ago. We had it for six years and suddenly started making those noises. You need to remove that cardboard plate from the back of the refrigerator, and blow dust off the coils. I used a leaf blower. And it did no good, and our refrigerator was shot, and we had to buy a new refrigerator. Appliances these days don't last too long.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine makes crazy noise intermittently. I am thinking it is part of the ice creating cycle and some partially frozen lines or filter area. In the past the water filters were outsider of the refrigerator hidden behind them. Now all are integral. I could be wrong but something leads me to believe having all that now internal to the fridge is a contributor to the noises I hear.

Outlaw what you describe is different. I would pull the fridge out and make sure the back of it is clear of dirt. I have seen some completely covered in nastiness. A good cleaning might help you out.

Edit* Looks like Simon and I had same idea at same time.

Last edited by kenjs1; 07/06/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We have 2 of 3 that seem to 'talk'.
Drives the wife crazy[er].

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Needs more beer in it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Needs more beer in it.

That's a good first step for diagnosis of the issue.

If that doesn't fix it, it might be time to........................................

Move?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Needs more beer in it.

So do I grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Needs more beer in it.
LOL

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Mine makes crazy noise intermittently. I am thinking it is part of the ice creating cycle and some partially frozen lines or filter area. In the past the water filters were outsider of the refrigerator hidden behind them. Now all are integral. I could be wrong but something leads me to believe having all that now internal to the fridge is a contributor to the noises I hear.

Outlaw what you describe is different. I would pull the fridge out and make sure the back of it is clear of dirt. I have seen some completely covered in nastiness. A good cleaning might help you out.

Edit* Looks like Simon and I had same idea at same time.
No ice maker, just a cheap rental unit frig. I may check out how funky it is on the back. Why would that cause louder or extended noise though? Does a frig need to get a fresh fill of refrigerant every once in a while? I was thinking that if that were true, it may have to work harder and longer to achieve the same results.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Appliance guy told me one time

“Get a hammer and smack the compressor”

Wonder if you got a wrapper or trash in the blades of the evap fan

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (12344mag, 338rcm, 35, 2UP, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 870 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,975
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.