Print Thread
Hop To
B
BLG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thought I would share some real world info.

My truck 2021 Sierra 5.3 (bought March 2021 before everything went hay wire with the chips)
Mileage: 13,450
Best highway mileage:22.8 (Cruise set at 75)
Combined mileage: around 14.8 (most of my driving is around town)

I found that on a couple trips in the 800 mile range, I used around a quart of oil. Normal driving, wouldn't use a drop.

I knew about the lifter issues going in, but maybe not that it was so prevalent. So I decided to put the Pulsar LT on my truck. Can't get rid of the lifters, but decided I would turn off the DFM. This will in also disable the start/stop. Unit also allows throttle response changes, and speedometer limit changes. I set the throttle response to level 3, and the speedometer to 140 mph. (it does several other things with tire size, TPMS changes, etc that I didn't fool with). The difference in drivability is crazy good. Throttle response on the highway is so much better with all 8 pulling all the time. Before, the truck was a dog when trying to accelerate at highway speeds. Seemed to be a delay with coming back on to 8 cylinders and trying to drop down the the right gear. Not so anymore.

So, took it on anther 600 mile jaunt last week with the new set up.

Highway mileage there: 21.9 (cruise set at 75)
Highway mileage back: 19.2 (running 80-82 cruise used only occasionally)

Pulled the dipstick....dead on full. Oil has right at 3500 miles on it. This obviously shows the DFM is responsible for the burning oil, which I suspected all along.

So, I got 1mpg less running on all 8 all the time, better throttle response to overtake on the interstate, and no oil consumption. WIN,WIN,WIN
Not saying it will prevent a lifter issue, but if the lifter solenoids aren't being activated 80 times a second......Well it's peace of mind for me.

Pulsar LT will run you about $500. It takes 10 minutes to install, and 20 minutes or so to program to your liking. According to the website, it does not void warranty. It doesn't upload a program, just interrupts inputs so to speak. However, I can say, if it needs warranty work for any reason, I can pull it off and it will go back to factory settings.

By the way, I hand calculated the mileage, and found the computer to be spot on. I have no part of Pulsar, but just wanted to pass on my experience with their product.
https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/pulsar_lt/parts/22451

Clyde

P.S. I know there will be the gnashing of teeth, Ford, Toyota, Dodge blah,blah,blah. But it was my money.

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Pretty much everything you've noticed is also spot on when you put a program in Ram hemi, besides the oil burn. Way better all around drivability.

Life is good live it while you can.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mine does negatively impact the mpg and full tank range.

But the 6.2 does perform with it, that's for sure!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I installed The RANGE TECHNOLOGY AFM/DFM disabler in my 2012 5.3 Silverado and that keeps all 8 cylinders firing all the time,went from adding oil once a month to not adding oil until the next oil change.

All you do is plug the little module into the port under the dash and let it there,best thing I ever did for that truck.

I do have to unplug it when I take the truck for the yearly PA state inspection because the emissions tester won't work with the AFM disabler activated.

Last edited by Mossyoak1957; 07/13/22.
D
D
Originally Posted by Mossyoak1957
I installed The RANGE TECHNOLOGY AFM/DFM disabler in my 2012 5.3 Silverado and that keeps all 8 cylinders firing all the time,went from adding oil once a month to not adding oil until the next oil change.

All you do is plug the little module into the port under the dash and let it there,best thing I ever did for that truck.

I do have to unplug it when I take the truck for the yearly PA state inspection because the emissions tester won't work with the AFM disabler activated.

This is what I run on my 2007 Tahoe as well. It started smoking at startup and using oil. I replaced the drivers side valve cover that has the built in PCV valve and installed the Range Tuner at the same time. Smoke is gone and so is the oil consumption. Win.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,542
Posts18,510,082
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.