Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is this the inevitable future, with a financial & energy crash in the USA & Europe, courtesy of the Demons & Team Biden & the idiocy of the EU with pushing Green Energy before it's capable of supporting the country?

MM

Green Energy Destruction of Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Is What Happens When Countries Fail To Realize Green Policies Don’t Work
By: Beth Whitehead

July 14, 2022

With the president fleeing, prices tripling, and the country out of power, Sri Lanka is in crisis after it banned fertilizer.

Videos of Sri Lankans swimming in their president’s pool and tens of thousands swarming his residence went viral over the weekend, but precious little news of the green policies that left the island nation in anarchy made headlines.

After months of protests, the Sri Lankan people stormed the presidential suite and burned the prime minister’s residence on Saturday after both leaders escaped. President Gotabaya Rajapaksa fled to the Maldives on Wednesday after resigning, and the prime minister is promising his resignation as soon as a replacement appears.

The fuel has run out in Sri Lanka, with tuk-tuk drivers being forced to wait for days just to fill their eight-liter tanks. Power blackouts are a daily occurrence. The inflation rate in Sri Lanka reached a whopping 54.6 percent in June, and the growing cost of food, clothing, transportation, and electricity — some of which are three times the normal price — has tanked the value of the rupee. Being an island country, catching fresh fish instead of buying food would be a relief, but there’s no diesel to go out to sea to fish for them.

This crisis in Sri Lanka started in 2019. Run down by years of gross mismanagement over successive governments, Sri Lanka was saddled with mounting debt and inadequate production rates. Rajapaksa succeeded his brother in 2019, and his administration issued deep tax cuts which only made the situation worse.

In 2020, the country was hit by Covid-19 and its debt grew to over 101 percent in relation to its GDP. The pandemic wiped out much of Sri Lanka’s tourism industry, which constituted almost 12 percent of its GDP. Increasing energy prices in 2022 only further entrenched the nation in an economic crisis, and its national debt for 2022 is estimated to be nearly 109 percent in relation to its GDP.

The 2021 inflation surge that has grown into a full economic crisis is in no small part thanks to climate radicalism. Suckered by European Green Deal propaganda, the Sri Lankan government implemented a ban in April 2021 on the main thing propelling its agriculture-based economy: chemical fertilizer. On an island where 15 million out of its 22 million people rely on farming, over 90 percent of them had used chemical fertilizer prior to the ban, which went into effect immediately with no time for contingency planning. By the time the government realized its mistake, it was too late.

One-third of the farmlands lay dormant in 2021, and 85 percent of farmers faced crop losses. Small farmers bore the brunt of the burden and reported a 50 to 60 percent decrease in yield. Carrot and tomato prices increased by five times their original price. Sri Lanka’s rice production fell by 20 percent and prices jumped 50 percent in a span of six months. Formerly self-sufficient in rice, shortages forced Sri Lanka to import $450 million’s worth of the grain.

Worst yet, the fertilizer ban hit the tea industry, its second-highest export. Sri Lanka exported $1.24 billion worth of tea in 2019. These exports paid for 71 percent of the country’s food imports up until 2021. After the April ban, the tea industry crashed, with production and exports down 18 percent from November 2021 to February 2022 for a 23-year low.

Rajapaksa gave up his goal to be the first nation to fully embrace organic farming and rescinded the ban in November of 2021, but the damage was already done. Sri Lanka’s stellar ESG score (a United Nations metric of investments made following supposedly better environmental, social, and governance standards) isn’t doing its people much good.

Even the European Union, which promoted these green policies, is noticing the Green Deal isn’t a good one. Earlier this month, after solar- and wind-derived energy failed to keep Europe’s gas prices down, the EU voted to include some nuclear and natural gas power under the label of “green energy.”

GB1

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going to happen in Finland soon also.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Pool party at the biden’s!!!

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sri Lankan people stormed the presidential suite and burned the prime minister’s residence on Saturday after both leaders escaped.

That was a mistake.

Letting them escape, that is.... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It’s past time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm gonna stockpile more .22lr just in case.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They need to get on that pool party thing. That has to be insurrection.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Owl

And Ghana.

This green new deal is going to kill a lot of people. I suspect that's the point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's what happens when people listen to Liberals every time they scream there's a crisis.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sri Lankan people stormed the presidential suite and burned the prime minister’s residence on Saturday after both leaders escaped.

That was a mistake.

Letting them escape, that is.... wink
Oh My God! An Insurrection....let's let Liz Cheney conduct hearings.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Unless control of the tiller is soon yielded, it'll be happening in America sooner rather than later.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Oh BS. Aint nothing happening.

I refuse to go around scart. Yeah, me and Lostashell.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sic'em alwaysoutdoors.

Where the hell is alwaysoutdoors when you need him.

Must be sucking up to Travis.

Bastid is alwaysoutdoors.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about farmers not using, or seriously reducing use of fertilizer?

USA 2022.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
They went from bust to busted

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What the fugg did civilization do before the availability of chemical fertilizer before?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Owl

Did I miss something or do you mean the Dutch farmers getting frisky in the Netherlands?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
What the fugg did civilization do before the availability of chemical fertilizer before?

They weren't trying to feed the populations as it is today, & farming wasn't the commercial enterprise that is is today either, just for starters.

Fertilizer has a huge impact of growth rate too.

MM

Last edited by MontanaMan; 07/14/22.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
quote=BeardedGunsmith]What the fugg did civilization do before the availability of chemical fertilizer before?[/quote]

Well when fertilizer started getting used big time after ww2 the world pop was only 2.5 billion and life expectancy was what 60?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And the countries that are still producing will have their yields stolen and doled out. Just like what is happening in the ukraine, albeit not with food. The NWO globohomos are seeing their long game come close to bearing fruit.

MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.