Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=Kart29
I've had it. I don't believe there's any hope for America. We've already lost our soul. You can have your war on terror - we're doing a good enough job destroying our nation from within that we don't need any terrorists to do it for us.

I'm not flying an American flag on my property. I'm not pledging allegiance to the "republic" for which it stands. I'm a free man and this government has made me a criminal and its enemy. And many so called "conservatives" have voted in the people who have done it - all because their crappy politicians weren't quite as bad as the other crappy politician. Thanks alot for that. [/quote]

Paging Bristoe, we have another volunteer for you. The disaffected, the self-professed enemy of his own country, who won't fly his own country's flag, who doesn't know he lives in a republic (no quotation marks), who waaah waaaah if their candidate doesn't get in, and apparently think a republic guarantees they get exactly what they want, regardless of the outcome of elections. Paulista material for sure.

PS....dude, despite all that drama, you government barely knows you're alive....unless you've been seeing PA storm troopers and black helicopters around the cabin lately.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think if America was to elect one of these two a woman would have a better chance than a mullatto named Obama who is also a Muslim

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Condi Rice consistently was at the top of Republican polls before the campaign began. If she hadn't taken herself out of contention, I think she'd be in the top 2 or 3 right now.

It ain't a "woman" thing, it's a Hillary thing. Who would have a problem voting for another Margaret Thatcher?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The painful reality is that there isn't a single candidate from either party that the average American will gladly vote for.

I also agree that both parties are moving in the same direction, and the results are dumb and dumber. To an extent I don't think the deomcrat party is so bad, because the republicans are little different.

You hit the head of the nail with "there isn't a single candidate from either party that the average American will gladly vote for."

If we had a female politician of the quality of Margaret Thatcher, she would be a shoo in against this crop of losers.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Daveh
I still don't believe America will elect a women.

The only problem with that is that Klinton lovers aren't just electing Hillary - in all actuality, they're re-electing their icon scuz-bucket Slick Willy!! mad Hillary's just the ugly, abrasive, dishonest vehicle to get him back in the ORAL office.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Gene L

What facts? Well, for one thing, in surveys, more people are identifying themselves as Democrats than are as Republicans. I wish the chances of a Republican getting elected (given today's political, were 50/50.
'Surveys' are worth little more than a good sheet of toilet paper.. Answers depend on not only the question but exactly how it's asked.. It also depends on who sponsors the question. And last, it greatly depends on just where that survey was conducted.. IMHO, you're falling into the left-wing media trap of believing what you hear. It's hard not to, and I'm not saying this against you in any way, and frankly many people fall for it..

And the conclusion I'm jumping to is that there is a good chance of having a Democrat President. I don't see that as a huge leap of logic, the way things are going.
50/50 is a pretty good chance.. You're looking at this from a half-empty mindset.. Change it to half-full. You'll feel better. smile

It won't be Hillary and Osama on the same ticket, or the other way around. They're both too competitive,
Change 'competitive' with egotistic and you're golden...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Nebraska

The only problem with that is that Klinton lovers aren't just electing Hillary - in all actuality, they're re-electing their icon scuz-bucket Slick Willy!! mad Hillary's just the ugly, abrasive, dishonest vehicle to get him back in the ORAL office.
I think you're onto exactly what the dems are thinking.. (If we elect Hillarity, we actually get BILL back, (shalom, shalom,))..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn.

A couple of responses on this thread make me wonder what is going to happen if/when the economy turns south. (as I believe it is in the process of doing) Gonna have to put a bunch of you guys on suicide watch.

In spite of getting a BIG computer upgrade in the last month, my job still entails sitting around waiting for a simulation to reach convergence. I have time to screw around and read up on important things... like politics, or the state of the nation, or college football. smile

The interesting thing is that no matter what the topic there is a group of internet posters who are just beyond consolation. The world is doomed, the Moslems have us whipped, our kids are commies, our football team sucks and we should fire everyone from the chancellor on down.

Must be something in the human genome, the depression/overreaction gene.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
I'll be taking some steps to prepare for the worst case outcome that most of you would scoff or deride me for possibly.

Randy-
I like your take on a lot of things, despite the ribbing I try to give you. If you are willing to share what those steps are, would love a PM with your ideas. 'Tis a personal thing, so if you decline, that's fine and understandable.

Mike, just looking in while at work, I'd be happy to share with you what kind of wacko I am! (grin)

but will be later when I get home, I need this job.....for now!

or I'll pm you phone # and we can chat over a beer, though I'd prefer to chat in my driveway or living room. Randy

Last edited by 1akhunter; 10/18/07. Reason: spelin

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh, and BTW, the money is pouring into Bill's foundation right now, and it doesn't have to disclose "donors"....how sweet is that for old Bill?

IC B3

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
[quote=Steve_NOPaging Bristoe, we have another volunteer for you. The disaffected, the self-professed enemy of his own country, who won't fly his own country's flag[/quote]

Reporting for duty, sir!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
kart, I'm sure recruiting chairman Bristoe will be here in a minute to get your information and sign you up for a meet-up and a yard sign. wink

Or cut out the middleman and go here:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it hard to believe that with a little over a year before election day and some here already have Hillary crowned. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This thread is the exact motivation behind me building my first AR....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any DhimmiCrat in the Whitehouse is going to mean tough times for gunners. A president can sign any number of Presidential orders that can restrict ammo, guns, etc.
To do anything long term, they have to push the legislation through Congress, and then weather the Constitutional challenges in court.
Its going to be nasty, and onerous, and painful.
My suggestion is to buy ammo, guns, spare parts, gear and magazines NOW. Yes they are expensive, but they will be much more expensive, if even available, in the near future.

Sam......

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by milespatton
I find it hard to believe that with a little over a year before election day and some here already have Hillary crowned. miles

Yep. Still lotsa time for HRC to step on her dick.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not as convinced as some that she'll be our next President, but if she is, she'll be subject to the same set of questions and concerns that comprise my portfolio of concerns regarding those already in office. Being relentless, I will pursue those concerns relentlessly.

In short, I'm concerned, but I'm not afraid.

Last edited by 41Keith; 10/18/07.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wink wink wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Penguin
...The interesting thing is that no matter what the topic there is a group of internet posters who are just beyond consolation. The world is doomed, the Moslems have us whipped, our kids are commies, our football team sucks and we should fire everyone from the chancellor on down.

Must be something in the human genome, the depression/overreaction gene.

Will

Accordingly, it doesn't matter who we elect as the world will end on December 21st, 2012. I take great solace in that... crazy

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gene L
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Mark it down...America, except the most liberal, is nowhere near ready for a woman president...especially a Democrat. When the first woman is elected pres, it will be a Republican. I know Hillary will garner lots of support...but watch for more Dem support to go elsewhere in the end. They may even splinter enough to make the Republicans able to elect someone.

I'm rather surprised to hear you say that, .280. You're a lot more liberal than I, and I'd vote for the right woman over the wrong man any day of the week. I don't see any disqualifiers in being a woman.

The Republicans aren't producing the right women in politics, however. No outstanding name-recognition females. No name-grabbers, and I think that's a shame, as it encourages a lot of libbers viewpoints. All the Harpie Women Congressmen who do get attention come from the left coast, where there is no disadvantage to sounding shrill and crone-like.

You can hope for splintering, but I think that's nothing to hang your hat on. This is going to be a very important election (if things continue as they are) perhaps the most important in years, and I just don't see it. Republicans have lost face, lost faith, and have generally been demoralized by recent events and recent Senators.

Gender doesn't matter to me in leadership positions, since women who want power seem to drift towards the Y chromosone way of thinking. Women in power have never been adverse to shedding blood, either. Margaret Thatcher was certainly no liberal.

You've misread me, and also been the first person in history to call me liberal. I didn't say I wouldn't vote for the right woman. I said, as you can read above, that America isn't ready to elect a woman, moreover, a Liberal Democrat Woman. But that is just my opinion on the political climate of the country. I think when the barriers are broken as to race and sex in the Whitehouse, they will both be Republicans. When it comes down to it, sadly, this country is moderate...which is another term for "don't have a firm opinion on anything", "no balls", or "no guts". People don't want to see change or some real leader affect things. The are scared of what someone might do...the average American people want status quo. JMO, YMMV.

As for my hope of splintering...honestly, from what I know about all the candidates thus far, I'm not really fired up about any of the offerings. However, unlike past elections, I no longer see the Republican party as my party. Nor do I hold any of the ideals of the Democrat party, or at least none that they run on and get elected on.

War Damn Eagle!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.