(and Little Beaver)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or:

====== THE COPPERHEAD ======

(the serial)

and a handgun that shot needles

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ALL of them and a whole bunch of the others that have been mentioned . . . Did I mention I'm feeling older every day?

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Otter
ALL of them and a whole bunch of the others that have been mentioned . . . Did I mention I'm feeling older every day?

A consequence of making it to the next day! laugh

Don't forget "Mighty Mouse".......... [Linked Image]

oops...........Wrong mouse........

Here we go......... [Linked Image]

laugh

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� kerosene chandeliers in the churches

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fans on all the pews with a religious picture on one side and an advertisement for a funeral home on the other.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hadn't realized that teeter-totters were gone. But yeah, I can think now of all of the parks where they used to be--there not in any of them anymore. It's kind of funny how one could not even notice until it was mentioned. Heck, I take my grandkids to parks regularly and never thought about it. They've got some pretty cool fort/tube/climbing/slide contraptions that we never had back in the day to make up for the lack of teeter-totters though.

I remember running up to a great big metal slide when I was a kid one summer, climbing the ladder, jumping on and sliding down while burning my butt so bad on the way down that I couldn't sit down for a week.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Fans on all the pews with a religious picture on one side and an advertisement for a funeral home on the other.

� and their constant flutter as all the blue-haired ladies in the congregation used 'em!

"Man, you sure look beat-up!" a fellow said to his friend at the office one Monday morning. "What happened to you?"

"Well, you remember how hot and muggy it was, yesterday � "

"Yes."

"Well, the air-conditioning in our church had quit during the week, and it was unbelievably hot and muggy there. When we stood for the closing hymn, I saw that the lady in the pew just ahead of me had her dress stuck in her, uh, nether cleavage. I knew that that would embarrass her, so I pulled it out."

"Uh, oh!"

"Yeah! That purse of her must've had a brick in it, and I thought she'd never quit hitting me with it."

Some weeks later, the same guy was in worse condition � stitches, bruises, scabs, bandages all over his face and head.

"Gosh! You look horrible! What happened?"

"Well, you remember how hot and muggy it was yesterday � "

"Oh, no! Not the same thing again!"

"Not exactly. The same lady had her dress stuck, just like before � "

"Don't tell me that you � "

"Oh, no! I knew better. But the guy next me didn't. He pulled it out. I knew that she wouldn't like that, so I tucked it back in."

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� dunce caps �

� sitting on a high stool, facing into a front corner of the class room �

� writing "I will not � " on the board a hundred times �

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was born in '47, so I remember quite a lot of your post and then some things. It makes me smile, so thank you. smile

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I MISS 'EM NOW- but I used to dislike the De Soto's, Kaiser's, Frazer's, Nash's, and Hudson's.

I have always liked STUDEBAKERS

(... And Tucker's "Torpedo" !!!)

"I never met a man I didn't like ... except for the fellow who told me boogers are an aphrodisiac." ~~ 41(Anon.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the best comments about Studebakers was the remark from one reveiwer after the new Studebaker model was introduced with about the same pointy avant garde profile on the hood and the trunk as the year before:

"Last year's Studebakers looked like they were sniffing for something. This year, they look like they've smelled it."

Remember the old joke?

"You gonna get her a Kaiser and surprise 'er?"

"No."

"You gonna get her a Frazer and amaze 'er?"

"I'm gonna get her a Tucker."

"Good enough" isn't.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh yah then ... remember "snoose" ??? (AKA Copenhagen)

Yah, it's still around today- I know ... but not in the 'BIG' way it used to be in the '40's and 50's. There was more snoose cans layin' around THEN on Main Street than there is soda-pop cans NOW-a-day's. And then there was also the 'SPITOONS" (to accomadate all the Snoose) ... and they had some awful nasty stuff inside 'em- and they was around just about everywhere too.

At least in Zap, North Dakota!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMHO, the best car-review line of all time was "The new Ford Thunderbird has a wide, panoramic windshield that affords the driver an unobstructed view of the MGs, Ferraris, and Aston Martins rapidly diminishing in the distance."

That was the entire commentary on the T'bird in that review of new sports cars.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I MISS 'EM NOW- but I used to dislike the De Soto's, Kaiser's, Frazer's, Nash's, and Hudson's.

My fathers first family car was a two tone Nash!

We were out for a Sunday drive one day when my father was pulled over by our local Sheriff..........He told my father the reason for the stop was that he was driving to slow! grin

The Nash was no Rocket! laugh

laugh

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Do you remember Jane Morgan?

Jane and her personal assistant will be hunting with us today and we are truly honored to have her join us here at Hindsite. Her personal assistant Steven Gilbert hunted a management stag earlier in the week and he had such a good time that Jane wanted to join him on a female meat hunt today. Jane is no stranger to hunting, she and Steven were pheasant hunting yesterday and I can't wait to hear how that went.

This is going to be a fun day and I hope to have some pics to post at the days end. smile

[Linked Image]

Florence Currier (JANE MORGAN) was born in Newton, Ma. on May 3, 1924 to musically talented parents. Her father, Bertram Currier was a cellist with The Boston Pops Orchestra for 25 years. Jane's mother, Olga was a concert singer and pianist. Later named JANE MORGAN, Jane was a very popular performer on radio, which was a very popular medium at the time. Jane was graduated from Julliard and found that getting a recording contract was hard-going. Later, Jane was persuaded to try her luck in Europe. Seems Europeans were hungry for American music and especially for beautiful talented blonde singers. In no time, Jane was the toast of Europe. She sang in just about every major club. In no time, Jane was fluent in French (she had taken 4 years of the language in high school, but the real test came when she lived and worked in France). At one time or another, Jane has recorded in German, Italian, French and of course her native English. Finally Jane decided to go back to America and was 'discovered' all over again. Jane headlined at all the major supper clubs and did summer stock. Dave Kapp was fortunate enough to catch Jane's club act and signed her to his new record label, KAPP RECORDS. At first, Jane Morgan and Roger Williams were the only artists signed to the label. In 1956, they had a top 40 with "Two Different Worlds." The following year, Jane scored a top 10 with "Fascination." From then on, it was all top tv shows, nightclubs, summer stock and hit records for the beautiful blonde. Jane left KAPP RECORDS in the early '60's and went to COLPIX RECORDS which was owned by Columbia Pictures. Jane had a few hits with the 3 lp's for that label. Then Jane went to ABC RECORDS to record a lovely collection of songs. The lp was titled, A JANE MORGAN HAPPENING." Then Jane went to EPIC RECORDS and recorded 4 lp's. Finally, Jane signed with RCA RECORDS and recorded 2 lp's. Jane's final collection for RCA was recorded in Nashville and had 2 top 40 songs. Today Jane lives with her husband, film producer, Jerry Weintraub and their 3 daughters. This year, Jane did a show in Las Vegas and is still in demand. Jane receives loads of fan mail.

Here is pic of Steven and his 9 point management stag.

[Linked Image]

grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loved her "Fascination!"

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

Here is a picture of Jane and Steven with a 300+ lb red deer female.

It was a wonderful experience for both Jane and our staff. She is a real down to earth person who was great fun to be around. Jane and her personal assistant Steven and Registered Maine Guide Tom Holt set on stand for three hours before this big female appeared with several other females and a big breed stag.

Prior to the female moving past their box blind they saw several big stags,numerous management stags and some fallow bucks. She glassed these animals and was amazed at their beauty. She was also impressed by their size compared to whitetail. Some of the stags she saw would tip the scales at over 500 lbs. live weight.

After the female was harvested they then realized that this female was as big as a huge whitetail buck. Live weight put the animal at over 300 lbs.

The weather held off until the female was down and then the rain began. I gave Jane a ride out of the preserve on my 4 wheeler and my wife was waiting in a warm vehicle for which Jane was real pleased to see. For the next three hours my wife and Jane had coffee and chatted about just about everything from dogs to her close friendship with George and Barbara Bush. Jane has a summer home in Kenebunkport near the Bush compound so they see each other often.The Bush's will partake in a red deer feast in the near future and we will hear how they like it.

It was a very special day spent with a very delightful icon of the Frank Sanatra days.Her personal assistant Steven was Frank Sanatra's assistant until his death. He has been with Jane for seven years and he has traveled all over the world at her side.

Jane would like to return again next year and for someone who is in her 80's she is extremely spry. She walked the 1/4 mile to their box blind unassisted and could have gone further!

Truly a day to cherish for life. smile

P.S............Jane bagged two pheasant the day before our hunt and confessed that this was only her second hunt and she is hooked!

It just go's to show that if you have the desire and the health that it is never to late to begin hunting! smile

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mr Howell,sure do remember the Tucker joke! One that I remember I just saw at the " Sema " show a 50 Crosley station wagon with the propeller! Looking at the engine the Generator is half the size of the motor!

DC Miller
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.