Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I wish I had not left my smart phone in the truck that one time at Rural King and had gotten a pic of that PTSD groid and his fuuucking kangaroo therapy animal.
🥴🥴🥴

I really fuuucked up that day...

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rourke's Drift was a hell of a battle. The Zulus nearly pulled that one off and they were using what amounts to spears, knives and cowhide shields against firearms. Lot of men died on that piece of ground.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is no division in the Bible between venial and mortal sins. That's a man made thing. Sin is sin, no matter how large or small.
This gets into the subject of works too, but sin is just negative works and there are differences in the seriousness of different sins.
Lk 12:47-48
1 Jn 5:16-17
Rom 2:6
Mt 16:27

Just the fact that we are talking about unforgivable sins assumes there is a difference in seriousness.
Lk 12:9-10
Mt 12:31-32

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC
Rourke's Drift was a hell of a battle. The Zulus nearly pulled that one off and they were using what amounts to spears, knives and cowhide shields against firearms. Lot of men died on that piece of ground.

Those firearms were mostly single shot rifles and the British troops vastly outnumbered. It surely must have been one hell of a desperate fight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The original wokeism: Thou shalt not murder is morphed into the universal knee-jerk Thou Shalt Not Kill (anything)

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by MAC

Those firearms were mostly single shot rifles and the British troops vastly outnumbered. It surely must have been one hell of a desperate fight.
They were breech loading cartridges at least, not muzzle loaders. I read some thing that was interesting. The fired cases were very hard to extract as they'd jam in the chamber, often requiring the ramrod to knock them out. The rifles' extractors weren't strong enough pull them out.
The biggest problem was that they had cases of ammo but couldn't get the cases open. They were banded and screwed and the ammo inside was inside of tin containers to prevent moisture. They were trying to pry the cases open with bayonets as they didn't have enough tools to cut the bands and remove the screws.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Caplock
The original wokeism: Thou shalt not murder is morphed into the universal knee-jerk Thou Shalt Not Kill (anything)

This. Even the translators of the KJV got it wrong as well as Thou shalt not lie (iirc).

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/29/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Battle that preceded Rorke’s Drift, the Battle of Isandlwana didn’t leave many British soldiers left to have PTSD. They were overrun by 12-15,000 Zulu Impis. Arrogant leadership cost them dearly. Rorke’s Drift was kind of a revenge battle for the Brits. Both were brutal conflicts. Isandlwana was the worst defeat of a modern army by a native force in history.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
There have been long term emotional issues resulting from deadly combat since Cain killed Abel. Some people just deal with it better than others, and there have probably always been fakers who milk the thing for all the sympathy they can get. At various times in the past century it's been called "shell shock", "combat fatigue" and a bunch of other buzzwords for the same sort of emotional disorder. "PTSD" is simply the latest fancy name for failing to deal with the horrors of close encounters with death and destruction. My Marine grandson is just one of many who returned from the sandbox with disabling combat wounds and emotional baggage to lug around, probably for the rest of his life. No matter when or where it happens, the politicians are really good at sending young men and women into situations over which they have no control, and aren't allowed to win. Things today might be a lot better if some of us old boomers had stayed home in the 1960's and shot a bunch of political opportunists, instead of traveling halfway around the world and blowing up rice paddies and little people in black pajamas!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Everybody in the military now should be ptsd eligible time slo Joe gets done.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by renegade50
No chocolate or rainbow sprinkles at the KBR chow hall back then.

Or doggies with a tactical vest and more velcro patches on it than audie Murphy had for medals for comfort cause ya heard a RPG hit 800 yds outside the FOB.

No kangaroo therapy animals at rural king either.

Or free pop corn.

Or window stickers for your own rolling 201 file with a DV plate on your vehicle.

But yet not a single physical injury to be seen when ya bounce outta the truck at Wally world from your handicap parking spot.

Do your 1 or 2 enlistments
Get a deployment under your belt.
Get out as a E4.
Get under that care bear shrink protective system.
Do your online research for all the key phrase,s and terms to use for your 100% PTSD rating.
And retire with VA compensation that is more than what a CSM get for doing 25 or 30 yrs retired pay wise.

Cha ching........

Sheesh...dad doesn't consider himself a veteran or go to the VA because he didn't see combat.

My brother retired a Lt Colonel and never heard a report of a firearm or saw an enemy at his gate. My father spent 3 years in the Philippines fighting the Japanese in WWII. The only group my father associated with after the war was the VFW.

They are both considered veterans, but I see a vast difference and consider my father a true veteran…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

This. Even the translators of the KJV got it wrong as well as Thou shalt not lie (iirc).
Are you talking about Thou shalt not bear false witness? That means exactly what it says. It's talking about giving false testimony. The Pharisees hired liars to do that when thy tried Jesus. It comes up all through the Bible repeatedly and we see it in our courts every day even now.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PTSD is as made up a diagnosis as gender dysphoria. Prove me wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
“Instead of being carried through the church gates into the graveyard, his coffin was taken over the wall due to the stigma of the time in regards to suicide. Jones' headstone was situated facing away from the church and his grave remains the only one in the churchyard to do so”

Was a big deal back then, people committee suicide were/are/maybe still go to hell for doing so.
It's a Catholic thing, not found in the Bible.

So nobody else thinks suicide is bad?

Isn’t murder an unpardonable sin? It doesn’t matter if it is your life or someone else’s…
Not according to the Bible. There's only 1 unpardonable sin and that isn't it. The apostle Paul murdered people but he was forgiven.

Check it again. Anyone who gets "the mark of the beast" cannot be saved. I think there's another.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've studied the Voortrekker fights with the Zulu some. At the Battle of Italeni there's a famous story of 15 yr old Dirkie Uys defending his fallen father. Some sources say that Dirkie was carried away and eaten by the Zulu's because of their desire to obtain some of the bravery he exhibited during the battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirkie_Uys

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Are you talking about Thou shalt not bear false witness? That means exactly what it says. It's talking about giving false testimony. The Pharisees hired liars to do that when thy tried Jesus. It comes up all through the Bible repeatedly and we see it in our courts every day even now.

Pretty sure it’s murder, not kill. Think about all the killing the Jews did after the Ten Commandments.

And iirc the only unforgivable sin is despair:

“Unlike other sins, however, despair is by tradition the sole sin that cannot be forgiven; it is the conviction that one is damned absolutely, thus a repudiation of the Christian Saviour and a challenge to God's infinite capacity for forgiveness.”

Suicide is a form of despair, so…

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here are Jesus' words about the unforgivable sin.

Mark 3:22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "by the prince of demons he casts out the demons."
23 And he called them to him and said to them in parables, "How can Satan cast out Satan?
24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26 And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end.
27 But no one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. Then indeed he may plunder his house.
28 "Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter,
29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" — 
30 for they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

Mark uses the word blaspheme. Verse 30 explains what this blaspheme is. They likened the Holy Spirit to the devil.
It's repeated in Mathew 12 but it doesn't explain the word blaspheme.

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons."
25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.
26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
29 Or how can someone enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house.
30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by MAC

They were ALL single shot rifles, Martini-Henrys in 577/450 caliber. It was the reserve "Impi" (Zulu regiment) of around 5K warriors, who missed the fight at Isandlwana where upwards of 25 thousand Zulus wiped out about 800 (plus 400 support) men that morning. And some of the Zulus also had weapons recovered from the dead. Yes one hell of a heroic stand.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
No chocolate or rainbow sprinkles at the KBR chow hall back then.

Or doggies with a tactical vest and more velcro patches on it than audie Murphy had for medals for comfort cause ya heard a RPG hit 800 yds outside the FOB.

No kangaroo therapy animals at rural king either.

Or free pop corn.

Or window stickers for your own rolling 201 file with a DV plate on your vehicle.

But yet not a single physical injury to be seen when ya bounce outta the truck at Wally world from your handicap parking spot.

Do your 1 or 2 enlistments
Get a deployment under your belt.
Get out as a E4.
Get under that care bear shrink protective system.
Do your online research for all the key phrase,s and terms to use for your 100% PTSD rating.
And retire with VA compensation that is more than what a CSM get for doing 25 or 30 yrs retired pay wise.

Cha ching........

You never going to live down not getting a pic of the support Kangaroo…….

“Phone was in the glove box”. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
“Instead of being carried through the church gates into the graveyard, his coffin was taken over the wall due to the stigma of the time in regards to suicide. Jones' headstone was situated facing away from the church and his grave remains the only one in the churchyard to do so”

Was a big deal back then, people committee suicide were/are/maybe still go to hell for doing so.
It's a Catholic thing, not found in the Bible.

Church of England

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,262
Posts18,486,476
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.