Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Soul inserts in all my shoes, boots and slippers. 100 % gone! Both feet.

Gary Pfluke
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Man....
Some of you all sound like you got some jakked up hooves.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Roller with stud as as suggested. Tennis ball works great also. Roll either under your foot for 10 to 15 minutes. Ice and NSAIDs for a few days if the pain is severe. Calf and foot stretches. The ones that worked best for me was as follows. Stand on steps supporting yourself just by the ball of the foot. Your heel and most of your foot will hang off the step. Hold on to the railing! Lower yourself as far as you can comfortably. Hold this for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times at least twice a day. A incline board with about a 30 degree angle also can be used. The important part is to get your needs lower than your toes to stretch out the calf and foot. Have had a physical therapist and a podiatrist say never let anyone cut on your feet for plantar fasciitis. Good foot support is a must. The flip flops have to go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In addition to the $20 roller I posted above, I also did calf work. Tight calf muscles can cause tension on the heel side of tissue and lead to either this or Achilles issues. Gotta start by getting the inflammation down first. I took a long weekend and did TV marathon with elevation, ibuprofen and ice. I got on a very low carb diet (yes this helped noticeably). Then I did limited duty, used the roller and did calf massage and stretching for a few weeks. Haven't had it since.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Orthotic inserts for about a year.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had it two months ago. Filled a pop bottle with water and froze it. I rolled my for on it for 10 minutes every day for a week. I bought a pair of Keen Targhee iii oxford shoes for men shoes that gives me good support and it got fixed PDQ.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Two shots of cortisone 3 years ago by a Podiatrist worked for me.I had it years ago from wearing cheap work boots .Switched to Red Wings and it went away.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Lots of stretching as stringnut described and freeze a water bottle and roll the foot over the bottle after stretching. It worked for me but it took awhile.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had it bad years ago, and cured it by buying good boots to work in.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
3 or 4 days wearing Crocs will cure mine. I don't know if it is the spikey surface on the inside or the high arch, maybe both.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Friend of mine got it. Big tall tough hard working guy had his own foundry.. Went to a foot quack and she started him on cortisone shots. I talked to him every few mo.

Dove season came and i invited him 4 mo later. Said he couldn't hardly walk and was still seeing the podiatrist chick and getting steroid injects. Asked him his symptoms and I said it sounds like peripheral neuropathy to me. Got him into a neurologist and sure enough. Had him go get his B/S checked and it was 600.

They put him in hospital to get it down. Had lot of pain and misery. Few days later he got Covid. Few days later he died.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Friend of mine got it. Big tall tough hard working guy had his own foundry.. Went to a foot quack and she started him on cortisone shots. I talked to him every few mo.

Dove season came and i invited him 4 mo later. Said he couldn't hardly walk and was still seeing the podiatrist chick and getting steroid injects. Asked him his symptoms and I said it sounds like peripheral neuropathy to me. Got him into a neurologist and sure enough. Had him go get his B/S checked and it was 600.

They put him in hospital to get it down. Had lot of pain and misery. Few days later he got Covid. Few days later he died.
Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine this evening.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I use 3/4 length Power Step inserts. First pair from the foot doc was 60 bucks. That was about ten year’s ago, found them on line for half that. Now the ones on line are 60, thanks Uncle Joe……..

https://shoestores.com/powerstep-protech-3-4-length-orthotic-insoles/

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Night brace plastic boot for 6 MONTHS

Snapped mine playing night pick up basketball 12 years ago. Sounded like a giant rubber band slapping against the table. Just bruised the heel again recently. PF sucks..

And what slum said.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sent you a PM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by slumlord
Night brace plastic boot for 6 MONTHS
Snapped mine playing night pick up basketball 12 years ago. Sounded like a giant rubber band slapping against the table. Just bruised the heel again recently. PF sucks..

And what slum said.
I'm glad this worked for you guys. I tried like hell to get the boot to work but I got about 2 hours of sleep a night with that damn thing on. I literally ripped it apart and found another way.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wife had plantar fasciitis surgery on both feet. Not sure if her recovery was any more painful than my 8 week servitude, but it's cool.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Forget the boot and all the Gandma “do it yourself” remedies.

Go to the podiatrist and have him assess the situation and get it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing. Anyone that has had a bad case of plantar fasciitis, knows how painful it can be.

I had it so bad, I could not walk on my feet, I was stumbling around on the outside of my feet to avoid the pain. I had cortisone shots twice and got some relief from that.

The podiatrist made prescription orthotics and I was able to walk with them immediately and wore them for several weeks and the pain is gone and has been for years. I don’t wear the orthotics anymore, but I am not going to throw them away. If it ever comes back, I will be using the orthotics again…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine this evening.

Bro, I just want you to be in the know. Second opinions never hurt, especially if the initial tx doesn't give improvement.

Wish someone would have told Jerry this. Months went by and he never let me know he wasn't getting better.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis for going on 3 years now. Shoes shoe inserts have helped a lot. something I have not seen anyone else talking about is diet. Lower carb diet helps as well. Magnesium supplement seems to help in my case. staying away from higher FODMAP foods helps.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 08/21/22.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,715
Posts18,514,120
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.