Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
The twenty-first century “patent litigation explosion” is not unprecedented. In fact, the nineteenth century saw an even bigger surge of patent cases. During that era, the most prolific patent enforcers brought hundreds or even thousands of suits, dwarfing the efforts of today’s leading “trolls.” In 1850, New York City and Philadelphia alone had ten times more patent litigation, per U.S. patent in force, than the entire United States in 2013. Even the absolute quantity of late-nineteenth-century patent cases bears comparison to the numbers filed in recent years: the Southern District of New York in 1880 would have ranked third on the list of districts with the most patent infringement suits filed in 2014 and would have headed the list as recently as 2010.

https://www.yalelawjournal.org/article/the-first-patent-litigation-explosion

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
It will be appealed and will be greatly reduced, if not tossed.

No doubt.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Jerry Seinfeld: "Coffee is supposed to be hot."

Kramer: "Not that hot."

I'm still trying to figure out how they get it that hot.I only got their coffee one time on a road trip. Was headed home from Houston back to Tucson. Stopped at a Mickey Ds for coffee for the wife and I. IIRC, it took a while before we could even try to taste it. Wasn't bad coffee though.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Originally Posted by NVhntr
There wasn't one person on the jury that realized what this would cost us all??
Amazing how fugging stupid some are. This is even worse than the old lady that got almost 3M from McDonald's for spilled coffee.

That wasn't a old lady, I went to school with her son. She was probably in her 40s. Her nickname was Sue. She sued her own mother because her kid was being a assh0le to the mothers dog and the dog bit him in the face

Yeah...I think you have the wrong lady.

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants, also known as the McDonald's coffee case and the hot coffee lawsuit, was a highly publicized 1994 product liability lawsuit in the United States against the McDonald's restaurant chain.

The plaintiff, Stella Liebeck (1912-2004), a 79-year-old woman, suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region when she accidentally spilled coffee in her lap after purchasing it from a McDonald's restaurant. She was hospitalized for eight days while undergoing skin grafting, followed by two years of medical treatment. Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her medical expenses. When McDonald's refused, Liebeck's attorney filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, accusing McDonald's of gross negligence.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by gunzo
Unless you're looking to milk somebody for money. The coffee wasn't out of line hot either! BS law suits part of what's killing American manufacturing, & business.

Your full of BS the coffee was 210 degrees Fahrenheit which is excessive. A hot water heater only goes to 150 Fahrenheit

The boiling point is 212. Isn't boiling part of making coffee?

195 - 205 deg F is considered the ideal brewing range for coffee. Brewing coffee too hot makes it bitter.

One should intuitively know this. If you leave the coffee pot on the hot plate for too long, it gets bitter because the oil in the coffee succumbs to high temperature.

Once you've brewed it, there's nothing wrong with letting the temperature drop, subject to one's preference of course. The coffee will stay fresh longer if the temperature is allowed to drop.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Backroads
Who was responsible for keeping the superduty wheels down?

That person should be sued.

Going over a pass going into Wyoming the weather suddenly turned to blizzard and the roads iced over. They were many wrecks that I saw before I could get to an off ramp. I saw several Fords both 250 and 350 in the median turned over with their cabs crushed.
Sometimes it's conditions and not necessarily the drivers fault.

I was lucky that I wasn't one of them. I spent the night in my truck off of the interstate

Yeah, driving too fast for conditions is probably the manufacturer's fault too.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Going over a pass going into Wyoming the weather suddenly turned to blizzard and the roads iced over. They were many wrecks that I saw before I could get to an off ramp. I saw several Fords both 250 and 350 in the median turned over with their cabs crushed.

I was lucky that I wasn't one of them. I spent the night in my truck off of the interstate

No one that I saw was driving over 20 MPH

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Melvin and Voncile Hill were killed in April 2014 in the rollover wreck of their 2002 Ford F-250.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs had submitted evidence of nearly 80 similar rollover wrecks that involved truck roofs being crushed that injured or killed motorists, Butler’s law firm, Butler Prather LLP, said in a statement.

“More deaths and severe injuries are certain because millions of these trucks are on the road,” Butler’s co-counsel, Gerald Davidson, said in the statement.

Each crash is unique and must be viewed individually. So, what you're saying Gerald... 10+ million trucks on road, 80 "similar" rollovers that injured OR killed motorists, and the only plausible conclusion is the truck is defective. This is like the McDonald's hot coffee lawsuit which was appealed to nothingness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ford shares, already under pressure after a $1.7 billion verdict against the company related to a vehicle fatality in Georgia, slid almost 6% and led automakers lower amid a broad sell-off in markets Monday.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Sako76
Article didn't say what Ford did or didn't do on the roofs, anybody know?
Some of the Fords have sunroofs that cover the entire roof from front to back. That can't be very strong in a rollover.
Mine has that - and I intend to ensure I do NOT roll it over to find out. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's unbelievable. Instant Billionaires from a product liability, wrongful death, lawsuit for only two wrongful deaths??

Trial lawyers OWN Congress. That is why you will never see Tort Reform.. The latest scheme is the Camp Lejeune water issue. Yeah it happened but there must be at least twenty different law firms vying for the business.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If punitive damages are upheld by higher courts, the Hill family and their attorneys will only get 25% of the award amount. Under Georgia law, the state gets 75% of the awards granted by the courts. The only way the plaintiffs would get the full amount of punitive damages is if there is a settlement reached between the two sides, Butler said.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure a Georgia court will be quick to lower the award!

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...-f250-roof-collapse.358746/#post-6211266

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rainshot
One incident does not constitute any malice on the manufacturer’s part.

When I was looking into this matter yesterday... I believe that I saw that there are 90 other cases in queue.

If $1.7b x 90 cases happens... Ford is in real trouble.

Ford's Market cap is only $60.6B

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Sako76
Article didn't say what Ford did or didn't do on the roofs, anybody know?
Some of the Fords have sunroofs that cover the entire roof from front to back. That can't be very strong in a rollover.

On the F150 maybe but I doubt very few if any F250s,350s have sunroofs.

You must not shop for trucks very often. My 16 year old F250 has a sunroof (I hate sunroofs by the way). High odds any trim level above an XLT will have a sunroof.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No one that I saw was driving over 20 MPH

You saw people driving 20mph that rolled over and crushed the cabs on their Fords?

Let's sue someone!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 11 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.