Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 1,842 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
well, the picture hides the truth about the ole 77. she's got all of the typical problems, rust above rear wheels, cab corners... and I think floors on this one too.

but I've had much worse before & brought it back to near new condition. this one will get new sheetmetal to take care of the rust & I think I will repaint in original colors. It's a very good truck mechanically,351M, C-6, NP205... good truck.

the structure to the right in the bottom picture is the floor joist system for an attached sauna/mud room. in all it's to be 8'x16', about 10'x8' of which is to be sauna with a 6x8 cold room/changing room/storage area between the existing shack & the sauna room.

Neat huh? I just plain ran out of money & didn't have enough framing lumber to build it, I have all of the sheeting, flooring & roof tin for it, insulation too, just ran out of 2x4's.

Next year. wink

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Aahhh yes...I know the ran out of money story well my friend. I have been piping that tune in my basement for two years now. Trying to finish that sucker. No sense in taking out a loan if I'm going to live there for a while right?

The sauna will be a great addition. Espically sometime near the third weekend. A little Peppermint Schaaps may be in order too i presume.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, I've planned it so the "cold room" between the shack & sauna room has a 6' sliding patio door facing south (the side the picture shows) and then we want a deck across the whole front of the shack that wraps around that side to the sauna addition so you can step outside onto the deck from the sauna & steam off in the winter, jump in the snow or what ever. The deck across the front will be covered.

Here's a 2D image pulled from a simple cad likeness I did before we started building. The building ended up being flip flopped from this original drawing so the sauna addition is on the opposite side shown here but it gives some idea as to the direction we are going with the place in the future... see if I can find it here....

[Linked Image]

drew the model before we knew we were going with a tin roof & then decided it fit better & worked better for us to flip flop the layout soo, you get the picture though.

Here are a few early views of the interior layout which also changed some. Girls bedroom got bigger to fit 2 sets of bunk beds, this squished the kitchen a little which as it turns out is just fine. but otherwise it's currently very similar only it is flipped mirror image to the original drawing. This gives some idea as to the future sauna room addition plans. Hope this makes sense:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep, makes sense. I do a little cad myself. but it is to pay the bills. not a lot but some. that actually shows the layout pretty well.

I draw up plans on the things I build too...but usually end up wingin' it once the real building starts. mostly because I'm mating new stuff to existing stuff and you just have to make it fit.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I hear ya, I just did these on some free software called "sketch-up" from Google. Actually pretty handy & simple.

but when it comes time to start building I had no real plans, just a general direction in my head & some window & door rough opening sized scratched out on a piece of paper in my tool belt smile

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is that a pond behind you meat pole, or just a lot of water?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
little pond, we dug it with an old D4 cat my buddy has. needed some good fill for under the cabin where we cored it out. It's all sand out there, we went down about 6 ft in the middle then he got the hell out of there cause it started filling up fast.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool. With all the proper permitting i'm sure grin

Make her a little bigger next spring and I'll bring the ranger up and we can jig up 'eyes grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
we've got a better pond up here for your ranger, we call it "Lake of the woods"

wink

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm in rut.

As you were, that is all.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do you know "Lake of the Wood" at all. I would love to up there and let 'er snap a little. Maybe tzone and northern dave could find a few 'eyeballs or muskies or northerns of full beer bottles and make them empty. Hell that's in the spring....lets hunt.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Aahh dave.

You are not running around the office sniffing the females are you? grin

You should still be in the seeking phase. whistle

Last edited by tzone; 10/23/07.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I know LOW pretty well. winter or summer I can help you find the feeshes.

Gotta go wayyy up nort for the muskies though.

but big Northerns through the ice.. that's a hoot.

put back many 40+" pike in the winter.

Walleyes? easy, LOW is a fish factory.

my rut is a hunter rut, neck is swollen but that's about all i have in common with a buck rut. growing hair on my face.... transitioning into rude (more so than usual) hunter like piggish behavior.

it's a disgusting transition.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
disgusting to whom?

we should try to plan somthing on LOW next year. Hard or soft water...don't matter none to me. i have a bro-in-law that would love to fish up there too.

tzone like northren. better than walleye. a 40" + may not fit in the pan though. no need to go after muskies. to boring for me to seek for any amount of time than 1 day. i like to catch fish. and on certin times durring the summer i like to catch fish for cash. the fish don't spend as well as the cash but sure taste better.

two more hours to go. not sure i can make it.

grunt, grunt, rattle, rattle.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
my fav time for the big ice gators is dec if we get early ice. early jan is ok too. things shut off through feb usually & pick up again before ice off in march/april.

the 2 peaks in the gator tug o war season are Early ice dec (if it happens) and march/april.

I could explain why, but it would take too long & it's better discussed with plenty of cold beer.

They call me the "pike whisperer"

Actually, that's not true at all, nobody has ever called me a pike whisperer... but there are a few guys who might remember seeing me whisper something to a large pike prior to releasing him.... But usually if I'm talking to fish I forget to use my "inside voice" so that's not really whispering at all.....

is it time to go home yet?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gawd,

I hope it's time to go home soon. I have done nothing today but talk to you on here. wink my vacation may come sooner that I thought. oh well so sad.

winter season is already pretty full. March may work though. So would late may cool

or you could come down here and we can catch pig walleyes on the fox river. a lot of 'em fast and fierious like.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
river fish are cool.

strong.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
This past spring we went to Deperre and crushed 'em. Cookie cutter 20-22" for the most part. I think 1 was 27" and 1 was 26", the rest were "smaller" 20-22's. They weigh 3-4# though, full of spawn n sperm. gotta wash the boat when you're done though.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Scary thing happened as I was reading this, the line of "I'm in rut" triggered a response of hide the wimmin and pass the bottle...

Not sure what that means but I am hoping it is a positive, crazy

Dave ya crazy jackpine sav just go for it embrace the sights, sounds, and smells that is "DEER CAMP", temporary insanity is a defense... laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hello everyone, my name's dave & I'm a deer-o-holic....

"Hi dave..."

I mostly binge hunt... can't just have one, once I start you won't see me for like 3 weeks... I'm a binge hunter.

Last year 2 days before opener i stopped to help out at a road kill deer site along ole number 9... well, I shouldn't a aought a done that cause about 4 minutes later I was seen skipping rope with a lenght of deer intestine with my eyes all glazed over... I skipped off into the woods & wasn't heard from for 3 1/2 weeks. They found me over east of the xmas tree farm dehydrated, scruffy, stinky & passed out on a pile of deer hides... yeah, I know, I'm not proud of it....

Dave

Something clever here.

Page 15 of 1,842 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.