Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
This new speed loader is getting a lot of press on Muzzy sites and I just ordered a set (1 for me and 1 for my brother). Solves the problem of spilling powder in a stiff wind or when you are shaking from buck fever when you just shot a big-un!

I even made the mistake of waiting too long to order. Their website said regular mail only. Contacted them and they added a priority mail option! Amazing service for these days. Should be here by the time we leave for Colorado.

Looks like they are a little bulky, but you only need one plus a few extra tubes of powder. Size shouldn’t be an issue.

Venor ergo sum
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

Venor ergo sum
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
No one has any thoughts on this?

Not cheap but I feel it doesn’t have any real competition for what it can do. I was going to order more of what I have and kept thinking: there has to be something better. With a little off for buying 2 (my Bro needed one too) and an an extra pack of powder tubes, the shipping is free. Unless you wait until the last minute…

Been using the 4-in-1 speed loaders but it has some little cavities at the bottom where grains of powder get stuck. Especially BH 209

Last edited by txhunter58; 08/29/22.

Venor ergo sum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clever idea, but I won’t be buying one. Tubes of powder in one pocket, caps or primers on string around my neck, tubes with bullets or a loading block in another pocket. Pretty much given up on the possible bag concept. A belt pouch holds all the other stuff I might need and never gets hung up on stuff.

Not sure that thing will fit in all my pockets either. And I’ll bet it weighs more than the Butt Out II, but likely less than the Cough Silencer.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I don’t use a possibles bag either but for the first follow up shot (if needed or “just in case” when you walk up to him), I like to have all 3 components in one place. If it takes more than 2, something went wrong.

Venor ergo sum
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By the time our ML season rolls around, I’m usually down to what fits in my pockets, and maybe something to sit on.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I carry Traditions 5-n-1 speed loaders, a fanny pack with a bullet starter, some pre-wetted patches and some dry patches, a patch puller, a couple of tubes of extra powder, a few extra primers, a screw driver, and that's about it. I like to keep it as simple as possible. If what I carry doesn't get me to the next shot, or out of some minor bind, then I need to really be on my bench at home to fix the issue.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/29/22.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
The real advantage this one has IMO is getting the powder into the barrel without spilling anything or getting it wet. In a stiff wind, if it’s raining, or if I am shaking, that can be a problem with current speedloaders. And I don’t want to carry a little funnel for the powder.

To each his own, I have been doing it for 35 years without. Nothing wrong with current methods. But as I age, if I can make something easier I like it.

Traditions looks like a good choice, but at $10 each the price is comparable since I never leave without 3 extra charges. Not really speaking to those that have ones they are happy with. Putting this out for guys like me that were in the market for something better or for the first time.

Last edited by txhunter58; 08/29/22.

Venor ergo sum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Many years ago I always had at least 2 speed loaders at the ready.
Never needed to 'speed load' when I carried them.
It's been at least 10 years since I carried one.
The only time since that I could have used one I was still able to get reloaded and the deer dropped after watching some weird human shaking from not only buck fever but also frozen up a tree in a climbing stand reload and shoot. That includes pouring powder into a measure.

I carry powder, measure, bullets and starter in a small leather bag with draw string in my backpack and 4-5 primers in my front pants pocket.

Has worked for me, the less the better IMHO

FJB & FJT

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 32 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.