Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My 300 H&H and my 30-06 shoots the 165 grain GMX accurately. I worked up a very good load for the '06 and then looked for a place to order more bullets. They are discontinued. I have shot a lot of Hornady bullets over the years. I think Hornady must have been taken over by bean counters - the shooters/hunters at Hornady have no say. I'm wondering if I should discontinue Hornady!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bugger
My 300 H&H and my 30-06 shoots the 165 grain GMX accurately. I worked up a very good load for the '06 and then looked for a place to order more bullets. They are discontinued. I have shot a lot of Hornady bullets over the years. I think Hornady must have been taken over by bean counters - the shooters/hunters at Hornady have no say. I'm wondering if I should discontinue Hornady!

Just use an interlock. Is there a reason you aren't? Or an ELDX. Do you live in a commie state? They are smart, they sell what sells, not what doesn't. I don't think the GMX has a big following.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Just use an interlock. Is there a reason you aren't? Or an ELDX.

They are abandoning the interlocks in many flavors too. I have 165 grain Interlocks on hand, and I hope they don't abandon them too. They shoot quite accurately in my 30 caliber rifles. A sure sign they will decide to let them go. Their management must be nuts.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They are abandoning the interlocks in many flavors too. I have 165 grain Interlocks on hand, and I hope they don't abandon them too. They shoot quite accurately in my 30 caliber rifles. A sure sign they will decide to let them go. Their management must be nuts.

I’ve been saying that since the early 90’s.

Swifty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think they just renamed them and streamlined them into the CX right?

Semper Fi
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by beretzs

That’s my understanding. The CX is supposed to be an improved GMX with the “non-melting” tip.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A guy could always slum a 165 or 168 TTSX instead . . .

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just use an interlock. Is there a reason you aren't? Or an ELDX. Do you live in a commie state? They are smart, they sell what sells, not what doesn't. I don't think the GMX has a big following.

They were a spendy bullet compared to the Barnes TTSX. Probably one reason they weren't big sellers.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And several buck cheaper as well..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Just use an interlock. Is there a reason you aren't? Or an ELDX.

I hope they don't. I know the interlocks are a staple for a lot of guys that run Hornady bullets. They have changed them over the years, moved the ogive and such, which really f'd with load development. Sometimes they do stupid schidt..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

They were a spendy bullet compared to the Barnes TTSX. Probably one reason they weren't big sellers.

Yeah, that would do it. Bullet manufactures need to catch on that we are some cheap bastids.. ha ha..

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
They have changed them over the years, moved the ogive and such, which really f'd with load development. Sometimes they do stupid schidt..

Stupid like a fox, perhaps. Changes get you to shoot more, right?

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Lehigh is the absolute worst for that. I washed my hands of them, because everytime I'd work up a load for something with thier bullets, they were discontinued shortly thereafter. Every... single... time... 🤦‍♂️

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go to Ttsx

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Does nobody buy in bulk? If you find something that you like, buy enough to last a few years or more.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like the song says, “There’s more pretty girls than one”.

Whatever prompted it, it’s a business decision, like what happened to Sunshine Raisin Biscuits.

Move on.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Does nobody buy in bulk? If you find something that you like, buy enough to last a few years or more.

Yup.....most bullets I have here... I have 500 to 1000 of them... like 5 to 10 boxes, which I normally just pour into a large plastic box I get from Utah company... about the same size that holds 3 x 5 cards...

earlier this year I got an email from Midway I think it was...the had a bunch of the old Sierra 50 and 55 gr SMP varmint bullets...

I loved those things...tear the hell out of sage rats...

one sale, I bought like 15 boxes of each....

I'm more of a retro kinda guy, than having to have the new latest greatest, that they will discontinue in 3 seasons because they didn't sell.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The 165 SST shoots very well in my 06

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

the CX supposed to be similar, but have a better BC due to the groove profiles.

I've no experience with either.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 3,007 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,085
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.