Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Have a chance to pick up a BSA in 30-06 with a Redfield 3-9x Widefield scope for $400 (going to try for $350) in decent condition. I don't know much about them but seeing that that is about the going rate for a new entry level synthetic rifle can't really seeing I could go wrong other than it maybe a tad heavier in hand.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a few CF-2s. Nice rifles, kinda ugly stocks. The 24" barreled 7x57 & 7x64 shot well. The short barreled 6.5x55 Stutzen (full stock) was problematic accuracy-wise until I turned it into a carbine with regular stock. Not bugholes, but good hunting accuracy. Good strong actions.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Birmingham small arms company (BSA) in England made some good rifles. They also converted old military rifles to fine sporting rifles. I prefer the older ones like the model D and E that were built off of the m1917. They used excellent barrels and the rifles themselves remind me of the Winchester model 70 (pre 64). The op is probably inquiring about the Monarch or other model, as the model D and E are harder to find. I'll bet it will be a great rifle, either way. Good luck to the op and share some pictures with us after you get it!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
We are supposed to meet up Friday. Thanks guys

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Put up a photo, BSA rifles are common in the Commonwealth countries, especially NZ and Australia. The BSA sporting rifles of their own design were all excellent rifles, and are on a par or better than what Winchester or Remington made in the same period. They still cost good money used over here, and people build them into fancy custom rifles.

I have had several over the years and currently have a 1963 featherweight Majestic in .308, which beats most rifles today for a mountain rifle. Put it this way, you're looking at a better rifle than a Tikka T3 could ever dream of becoming when it grows up, and they are pretty popular rifles.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
Put up a photo, BSA rifles are common in the Commonwealth countries, especially NZ and Australia. The BSA sporting rifles of their own design were all excellent rifles, and are on a par or better than what Winchester or Remington made in the same period. They still cost good money used over here, and people build them into fancy custom rifles.

I have had several over the years and currently have a 1963 featherweight Majestic in .308, which beats most rifles today for a mountain rifle. Put it this way, you're looking at a better rifle than a Tikka T3 could ever dream of becoming when it grows up, and they are pretty popular rifles.

The best BSA's were the ones they sporterized from M1917's. The others are pushfeed. Pass the Tikka please.

BSA MAGA
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Not true. I had a baby Mauser in 222 that was a BSA gun.

Custom stocked and just a beauty.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.