Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by OGB
I have one sort of accidentally.

In the mid to late 90s, Win made the lefty M70. Dad got me one of the first ones in 30-06 (I was overseas)

When it was announced they would be discontinued, I searched everywhere for one in 270. (lefty JOC rifle, why not)

The only lefty M70 to turn up was a 7RM at a local toy outlet.

Made the comment to my bride that would be last "new LH M70" I'd ever see and walked.

Months later she presented it to me for our anniversary.

Excellent!

I've hung onto both!
Hope you hung on to that woman also...mb

Meaning the 7mag and the wife but yes, I still have the other M70, its a 9.3x62 now though.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
HR IC

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have two. One, is a Rem 700 sps. It shoots 160-grain Partition into 1/2-inch, on any day that my eyes cooperate. I have used it on numerous elk without issue. I have a Savage 110, with a Criterion barrel and custom stock that does the same with about any load. Both are left-handed rifles. I started with the 7 mag, as I got one by default in a trade. I shot them exclusively for years, until I started down the path of having numerous cartridges. I have determined that magnums are not necessary for the lions share of my hunting and they are not efficient cartridges at all-also known as expensive to shoot very much. I hardly ever shoot them anymore, as I spend relatively little time on the range and most of my hunting is done with other cartridges-6.5 Creed, 260 Rem,.270, .308 and 30-06.

I keep tellling myself that I should sell them, and then I take them out and shoot them again. Back in the safe they go!

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
A shorter list would be; Who don't.
Right, I have one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
have two mid 80's Rem 700 BDL's but I don't hunt moose with 7mm's , prefer the pop n drop guillotine execution action of the 30's & 338's

and the 7mm Rem Mag doesn't have the balls to push the 195-97 gr bullets at a useful velocity & forget trying to load the 226 gr 7mm bullets

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got one..

a LH rem700.

never even kilt a deer with it, buddy borrowed it and did kill a doe.

6.5mm is the life for me...

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll make it easy,for you fhuqking CLUELESS Droolers. Hint.

An OEM Rem 700 7mm Rem mag boasts a 3.690" COAL and is twisted/throated,to whistle .796 BC 180 ELD mag fed Smooches at 2900fps+. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

That's all the things that Winchester,Tikka,Salvage,Sako,Ruger and the like can NOT do. Hint.

Just saying.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
you still jacking to wHorenady schit dingleberries ? real long range shooters don't slum with that 3rd rate cheap garbage

I prefer 3300 fps with 195 Bergers (3.656" coal) & 197 gr SMK's from my 7mm LRH .... & yes it's on a Rem 700 that was originally in 7mm Rem Mag, it finally grew up to be a real "long range" 7mm

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'll make it easy,for you fhuqking CLUELESS Droolers. Hint.

An OEM Rem 700 7mm Rem mag boasts a 3.690" COAL and is twisted/throated,to whistle .796 BC 180 ELD mag fed Smooches at 2900fps+. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

That's all the things that Winchester,Tikka,Salvage,Sako,Ruger and the like can NOT do. Hint.

Just saying.

Hint................
Originally Posted by Swamplord
you still jacking to wHorenady schit dingleberries ? real long range shooters don't slum with that 3rd rate cheap garbage

I prefer 3300 fps with 195 Bergers (3.656" coal) & 197 gr SMK's from my 7mm LRH .... & yes it's on a Rem 700 that was originally in 7mm Rem Mag, it finally grew up to be a real "long range" 7mm

Next time I see a shooting star my wish will be you two become besties..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have one - Model 70 Stainless. Love that rifle. My primary deer gun. 25-06 m70 is its backup.

I first started deer hunting with my dad’s unscoped 32 Special Marlin. Not the best deer rifle for the plains.

I borrowed a 7 mag for a couple of years and really got to like it. But I missed a lever action, so when I could finally buy my own rifle I bought a Browning BLR in 7 mag. That was one mule kicking SOB - stock didn’t really work that well for a scoped 7mm. Didn’t keep it long, moved on the the M70 and never looked back. I suppose I’ve had it close to 30 years now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swamptard,

I REALLY "believe" you and you can nearly "convince" yourself...you "lucky" kchunt. Almost. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First bolt rifle was a Ruger M77 in 7mm RM. All I had for big game for the first 20 years and have never "needed" anything else. With lots of other options now (40 years later), the 7mm Rm still does everything I want a big game rifle to do.

That said, I do like to use my other rifles as well so the 7mm RM gets used a lot less than in the past. (Too many rifles, too few hunting trips.) Looking at making matters worse by barreling a naked Savage 110 action with a 7mm PRC barrel once brass becomes available.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
First bolt rifle was a Ruger M77 in 7mm RM. All I had for big game for the first 20 years and have never "needed" anything else. With lots of other options now (40 years later), the 7mm Rm still does everything I want a big game rifle to do.

That said, I do like to use my other rifles as well so the 7mm RM gets used a lot less than in the past. (Too many rifles, too few hunting trips.) Looking at making matters worse by barreling a naked Savage 110 action with a 7mm PRC barrel once brass becomes available.

Yep. Too many rifles, too few trips. Got one bow, so it gets to go every time during bow season

S
S
I have a Rem 700 BDL in 7 mag. She’s a shooter!!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
This thread reminds me a lot of a story a good friend told me several years ago. He worked in the large gun department of a local sporting goods store for many years, and just about every year a hunter (or two or three) would show up at the counter and ask for a box of Seven Em Em ammo. My friend would ask which kind?--and the guy would look puzzled, because as far as he knew there only one Seven Em Em cartridge existed, which of course was the 7mm Remington Magnum.

Most of the posts here suggest the same thing, despite the thread-header only mention "a 7 mag."

I've owned four 7mm Remington Magnums over the past 30+ years, including my present one, a very accurate Mauser M18. But have also owned and hunted with a 7mm Weatherby Magnum, a 7mm Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum, and a 7mm Shooting Times Westerner--which despite not including "magnum" in its name, is more powerful than the three others--and also has a belted case....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Yep, when someone says 7 mag, I’m thinking 7mm Remington Magnum. I have a 7mm Weatherby and a 7mm ultra Mag, but load them all to 3200 fps with a 140 partition or ballistic tip. That speed will kill anything I’m likely to encounter in central Texas.

There may be more 7 mags out there than any other 7mm cartridge

Last edited by hanco; 09/10/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only had multiple digits of 7mm Rem mags,a coupla 7mm Wby's(700 based) and (2) STW's which fhuqking suck(even 700 based),because you can't shoot any bullets worth a fhuqk,due case length. Hint.

Have had multiple 7 ShamWow's and double digits in 7 Whizzum. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps and very fhuqking FEW have any understanding of RPM,throat geometry and COAL. Which is never NOT funnier than fhuqk. Hint................

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
well Dingleberry, in your world headstamps don't matter because you're used to generic tiny cartridges and simply don't know any better ...

tell me again that this headstamp don't matter, a headstamp that spits 285 gr bullets at 3200 fps, & the g1 bc is 1.01 to boot

you know nothing about "high bc" if all you see is fkn el cheapo Hornady crap

.338 cal 285 gr 1.01 bc

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swamptard,

I've never personally seen a Lot of Norma 6xc,waiver more than 7grs,per 50pcs...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Sweetie,I mentioned .284" and a .796 BC,which only got your crossed-eyes twitching. Hint.

Here's to how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are,you Magnificently CLUELESS Kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Liar Larry, do you have some moose pics to hang next to swamplords? No spike moose with “pretty furs” either. Haha that was a fuucking classic you hard charger you!! 😘

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The 7mm Dakota might be the chit. Same 7 Rem mag case length for the mag box to work. Basically the same bolt face. No belt to deal with & some extra oomph.

Enough horse power to maybe shorten the case a tenth to make room for even heavier bullets with higher BC's at proper velocities.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,668
Posts18,493,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.