M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Kudos on your Pickle Fetish. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

laugh

I'm guessing that one went by and didn't cut a hair.......

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The ONLY reason it was soooooooo fhuqking HILARIOUS,is because she was doing her BEST. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by bluefish
More pics please. Immediately.

Pardon the tardy response........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Merkel K4 Damaszener, 30-06 Springfield.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/09/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
10 pages now to decide that 1) It WORKS 2) it works better than some. 3) it doesn't work as well as some....

Again.....

Although it's not quite the journey of apoplexy as the discussion over .007" +/-

When the Babes' record was broke was it REALLY broke???? I mean better balls, better bats, lights, mound hight, alcohol, PEDrugs, training.......................

Last edited by Muffin; 09/09/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Igloo
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I have a great affection for the 30-06 and have filled tags with it a fair few times. But isn't the versatility something that many other cartridges can give you? Does it warrant special mention? And does anyone actually use their 30-06 from groundhog to grizz? Cause if so, that's really cool.

You asked for it. the '06 has been doing it longer than a Creedmoor will ever last. It may not be provable, as everyone here would be dead by the time a Creedmoor was around that long...

I asked for what? Pictures of dead critters, the largest of which could have easily been killed by a 7mm-08 under the same circumstances?

The Creedmoor seems to be living rent free in your head, since I didn't mention it wink

Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
The .30/06 can never have "overstated versatility".
It can only be taken for granted and under appreciated.

Sure it can. Calling it "the most versatile" out of some kind of dogma/religion that seems to offend people by even questioning seems overstated to me.

Originally Posted by "Bugger"
The 30-06 has way too much recoil for girly guys, so it can't be an all-around cartridge, duh!

There's an awful lot of fixation on effiminate men going on. It reminds me of anti gunners fixation on our peckers and their size lol.

You must have bumped your head when you fell off the teeter totter. You did mention the 6.5 Creedmoor in your opening post.

Being ugly is a curse and you do suffer from that, but stupid and ugly is a real curse. Good luck finding anything about the outdoors and shooting from your computer and stack of Jack and Jill magazines.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Versatile or not, the 30-06 provides the trunk of the American cartridge tree - all other cartridges provide the branches.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SchitSmel,

It is fhuqking HILARIOUS,how your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude sooooo very reliably takes you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart,for doing your best though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by bluefish
More pics please. Immediately.

Pardon the tardy response........

Merkel K4 Damaszener, 30-06 Springfield.

ya!

GWB

I am thinking I would take one of the Merkels in any caliber

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a great affection for the 30-06 and have filled tags with it a fair few times. But isn't the versatility something that many other cartridges can give you? Does it warrant special mention? And does anyone actually use their 30-06 from groundhog to grizz? Cause if so, that's really cool.

You asked for it. the '06 has been doing it longer than a Creedmoor will ever last. It may not be provable, as everyone here would be dead by the time a Creedmoor was around that long...

I asked for what? Pictures of dead critters, the largest of which could have easily been killed by a 7mm-08 under the same circumstances?

The Creedmoor seems to be living rent free in your head, since I didn't mention it wink

Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
The .30/06 can never have "overstated versatility".
It can only be taken for granted and under appreciated.

Sure it can. Calling it "the most versatile" out of some kind of dogma/religion that seems to offend people by even questioning seems overstated to me.

Originally Posted by "Bugger"
The 30-06 has way too much recoil for girly guys, so it can't be an all-around cartridge, duh!

There's an awful lot of fixation on effiminate men going on. It reminds me of anti gunners fixation on our peckers and their size lol.

You must have bumped your head when you fell off the teeter totter. You did mention the 6.5 Creedmoor in your opening post.

Being ugly is a curse and you do suffer from that, but stupid and ugly is a real curse. Good luck finding anything about the outdoors and shooting from your computer and stack of Jack and Jill magazines.

Ah. I see.

Usually, when people quote something they respond in such a way that it is relevant to the post they quote. Not something 10 pages back...I mentioned a lot of cartridges actually, but you seem very fixated on the Creedmoor and not addressing the others. Interesting.

But no, those pictures of you holding up dead rodents totally changed my mind! 30-06 is the best!

This comes off as butthurt and offended. And compared to what I see of you both physically and intellectually, I'm not sure you should be calling anyone out. But its always funny how a discussion on a cartridge goes so Kindergarden so fast.

And I might know a bit more about the outdoors than ya think wink But if you wanna pretend you're some kind of authority, go for it.

Last edited by Igloo; 09/09/22.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What's funny is I see guys saying they like the 30-06, but when they go hunting they would rather grab their 35 whelen, 9.3x62, 338wm bb gun etc etc... What is laughable is the 30-06 works every bit as well as those cartridges when you use the right bullet. 200gr partition comes to mind here. I've shot elk with that combo and the others stated (except for bb gun) and the 30-06 just flattens them and the 200gr just keeps on sailing, even when hitting bone. To each their own, but I sold the unique cartridges like the 9.3 because it doesn't do anything any better than the grand ol 30-06, when using good bullets. I've also used everything from 55gr accelerators to 250gr Barnes originals in the 30-06 and for those to say it is not "versatile", they lack the experience needed to garner the facts.. That's on them and no one else..

Color me "Guilty". Never felt I "needed" a 30-06 as I had a 7mm RM for 20 years, then got a 300WM. But I got a 30-06 in 2006, then another and another. Have hunted with all of them and taken elk with two of them, no drama at all.

The 30-06 is a great cartridge but my 280 Rem, 7mm RM, 300WM and 338WM generally get the call as my primary rifle during elk season. I do take a backup rifle, though, and my Zytel/stainless Ruger MKII 30-06 is often the choice. The backups usually get hunted with as well, just for fun.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
IC B3

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Color me "Guilty". Never felt I "needed" a 30-06 as I had a 7mm RM for 20 years, then got a 300WM. But I got a 30-06 in 2006, then another and another. Have hunted with all of them and taken elk with two of them, no drama at all.

The 30-06 is a great cartridge but my 280 Rem, 7mm RM, 300WM and 338WM generally get the call as my primary rifle during elk season. I do take a backup rifle, though, and my Zytel/stainless Ruger MKII 30-06 is often the choice. The backups usually get hunted with as well, just for fun.

I just bought one here too, even though I need it like a moose needs a hat rack. Actually, "bought one back" would be more accurate. Had this Winchester 70 Classic on the right since I was a kid, into starting to work for our dept of natural resources and sold it to my best bud a few years back when I moved off to the big city thinking I wouldn't ever need it. We both loved that rifle and I wanted it to have a good home. Well, he doesn't prefer it anymore so out of sentimentality....

Here it is next to another Win 70 in, you guessed it, 30-06.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For some reason, people's emotional reaction overrides their brain or reading comprehension. I don't dislike the caliber. i shoot one just fine. Please excuse the lack of inside out Richardson's ground squirrel pictures. I know, I'm not a real outdoorsman and it pains me greatly. All we've ever done is shot moose and a whackload of deer with it since we were teens.

Your post here and your sig line state it perfectly, Coyote Hunter. The 30-06 is a 99% solution. All I said was, it isn't the only one. There are other 99% solutions.

Last edited by Igloo; 09/10/22.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.