Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 1,842 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That is one wierd ass lookin track. You'll have to smoke 'em and show us then. You should be able to knon when he is walking through the area anyway.

The cabin looks good in that color. Did they take the lineseed oil back? Good to pics of the family at the shack having fun.

My pa was helping my uncle on Friday night in Floodwood on his new house. He came home at arould 11PM and said hwy133 was silly with deer. Said if they weren't standing in the road, they were running across it.

Last edited by tzone; 10/29/07.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Rut is on. friend of mine had a buck chasing a doe in his front yard this morning, grunting, nose to the ground, neck swollen.

Yeah we've seen Mr fork toe's tracks all summer, he's a regular that's for sure. somebody will likely get a look at him soon.

The linseed oil return won't be a problem. unopened, local hardware store, good folks.

Well, I have enough firewood there to take us through next weekend. I've got things fixed up as good as they are going to be. Now I just need to get a stand up for myself!!! No kidding huh?? Yeah I haven't even scouted for a spot for myself yet!! I have an idea where I want to be but I haven't checked it out yet.

probably on friday, no friggin way I can work on friday!!!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I always seem to be the last to find a stand too. usualy helping the others set up. the stand I'm in now i have used since '01 but i may have the bro in law sit there, as there are many deer sighting from it and he has only shot 1 buck. I would like him to smack a beaut. we got him a decent spot though, nobody has sat there since '00. I shot a nice 7pt and a 6pt from there and the land owners son dropped a spike in '00 there. hell maybe we should switch spots whistle.

it will be near impossible to work this week and i have a ton to do because i didn't do crap last weeek grin. my deer season cold has set in with a vengance too so that doesn'tt help matters any.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That cold will clear up by thurs/fri. good to get it out of the way.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well this sucks, mama got called in to work on opener, so daddy has kid duty. Planning on escaping out in the Afternoon, I have had this damn sinus chest cold [bleep] for a week and a half now, now I am contemplating making it worse by chasing some brown haired white tailed horny critter, wassup wid dat...

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh boy, sinus/head cold... stuck at home for opener... none of that is good.

but it's just monday, these things sometimes have a way of turning around at the last minute.

remain hopeful drift!! it'll work out.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
pimp yourself up with nyquill and dayquill. make sure you use extra nyquill it works better and faster. in fact i'm pretty sure i'm sleeping now...not really sure how i got to work today.

dave's right drift it'll work itself out. a wise deer hunter once told me "he who has to watch kids on opening weekend on wife's orders will be rewarded."

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave cabin looks great and looks like the kids are enjoying as well, Congrats on the whole thing!

Scott

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
thanks Scott, I just hope we can enjoy some of the same results you & your daughter have been getting!!

need to decorate that meat pole!!! smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cabinets look awful nice for a hunting cabin. The whole setup looks way cool, though. Well done!

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
pictures make everything look pretty swanky, cabinets are donated from a friend who re did his kitchen.

I'm overstimulated... this deer camp talk... week of season... it's too much.

better go to lunch, surely I can find somebody at lunch who will talk of something other than hunting (grin)

week of opener... it's the greatest week of the year!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
nice to see some character hanging on the wall too dave. furs, racks, flags, gunrack, starting to really come around man.

there is probably a lot of other stuff to talk about other than the opener right?....riiiggghhht.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Dave,

May have a lead on some old moose horns fer ya if'n yer interested. They are at the Trading Post in Bemidji by the fair grounds. I think she is closing up shop so ya may get some great deals on all the stuff they have piled up in there. Saws traps augers furniture you name it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hey Dave,
Cabin looks awesome!! I wish we would have used that stain now on our new siding. The stuff the little lady got when I was at work is really dark and other than the warpage and the dog chewed parts no longer being there you can't really tell we did anything different. I was looking more for the color you have there. Hmm I wonder what she will say if I ask her to re-do it?? smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by big drift
Hey Dave,

May have a lead on some old moose horns fer ya if'n yer interested. They are at the Trading Post in Bemidji by the fair grounds. I think she is closing up shop so ya may get some great deals on all the stuff they have piled up in there. Saws traps augers furniture you name it.

hmm, old saws, moose horns.... traps... that's the kind of stuff the shack needs!!

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My uncle just called, him & my nephew aka "the boy" are coming up here bright & early friday morning for the opening weekend.

He asked about what to bring, I told him about a bed I got from a friend today that would go in his room so he should leave his cot at home. he thought that was pretty good & he asked me about something i never saw coming.

My cousin shot a bobcat last year & sent it to the txidermist, well, his wife (the boy's maw, AKA *"makes no patties") got it back from the cat stuffer man & they want to know if it can come up to the deer camp..

How cool is that?

Way cool, that's how cool.

I'm simply tickled/honored about the whole thing. Can't wait to see it.

the new deer camp has taken a couple of weekend test runs with some of the early hunt opportunities we've had but this is the real deal coming up this weekend.

I'm very anxious, it's going to be a good time.

Dave

* "makes no patties" indian nick name for her phobia of ground beef. She'll eat hamburgers, she'll cook em too, but she won't make the patties!! smile

chief "buys many guns" thanks "makes no patties" for sending bobcat up nort.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
for the first time since I've purchased this hunting land & began this cabin building project, I scouted tonight.

fist time, I swear.

Well, shy on the rubs but found a few scrape lines... plenty of doe sign & since the rut is in full, that's all we need is does, the bucks will follow

I put out some attractant that's legal for my state, never tried it before. Buch jam, honey acorn scent.

i could talk all night about the terrain, the sign, the tracks, the trails, the stands.... it's finally truely happened. I'm in the zone.

it's time.

Something clever here.

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Enjoy it you have earned it.

Scott

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
haven't seen many rubs at our camp either, lots of tracks and trails though. that means mama is around and soon to follow will da bucks.

all those little doe/youth season stays at the camp were the scrimmages. its big time now, the real deal, the big show, the dance, it opener...the real thing.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Found a neat area on public land south of my property.

Found a stand that a friend of mine built many years ago, he doesn't hunt any more but when he did he shot a buck that green scored @ around 200" from this stand that he would dissapear into the woods & go to, wouldn't say where it was exactly.

Well I found it last night. it's in very bad shape, not useable. but it has a sign on it with his name on it (they used to do that in MN, put your name on your stand if it were built on public land)

looks like it's built on an old settler site, there's an old bed frame there, some other junk and a large hole in the ground, like 12' by 20' that might have been a cellar of sorts for a cabin.

I didn't mill around there too much, so I didn't get to see everything, the spot just looked good, it has several bottle necked passage ways entering into it where bucks or a buck of course has made scrapes.

I did minimal walking in that spot, just scoped it out real well and put down some of this "buck jam" attractant on a couple of old rotted tree stumps & backed out of there. I'll get a ladder stand in there on Friday & check the stumps.

I also spread the magic sauce over a few other stumps out in front of other established stands on my property.

I'm in super crazy hunter mode man, can't stop it now, it's out of control, it's obscene.... god help the delicious wild timber goats....

Something clever here.

Page 18 of 1,842 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 6 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.