Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I've lived a hard life in my relatively short time here so I suspect I'll also die a hard life when that time comes. I wish I had taken better care of myself in the past.
Never too late to start.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Raferman
Wonder if anyone ever asks for two fingers.
LOL
Urologists have heard them all.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I ignored some respiratory issues, actually tried to self medicate. Pretty stupid, huh? Turned out to be a pulmonary embolism (blood clot) in my lungs. Luckily, the symptoms got pretty severe without killing me and I want to the doctor. Dudes just do that kind of thing. Still.....Pretty stupid.
Sometimes I tell my family practice doc, “that’s not happening, I have a “Y” chromosome.”

She laughs.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by hanco
I saw the neighbor across the street today, told him about my catheter up my dick and probably gonna have to get rotor rooter job. He said he went to doc at VA for regular screening BS, his PSA came back a 7.2. He says he didn’t let doc give the finger exam, said he ain’t gettin no damn biopsy, ain’t going back. I’ve had 3 biopsies and two prostate ultrasounds. It ain’t fun, but I lived through it. He says he ain’t going back, has head in sand. He may forfeit his life being ignorant and hardheaded.

Do you all know people like that??

they don't do the finger test anymore ,blood test does it all. my last finger test was more than 10 years ago.
Interesting - I get both every year. Doc's working hard at keeping me alive! laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I pissed blood and got sent to the urologist and while there got the full treatment.

Got rid of all 6 stones and see him once a year.

Get the blood test and the finger probe and so far for my age the numbers are low normal.

Because of my age i guess they felt it was the safe thing to do.

Funny thing is the Docs keep telling me that i am getting older and i tell them they make it hard not to feel younger. grin

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
People like that are mostly in the graveyard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OGB
Going to a doc "just in case" is like going to a mechanic "just in case".

Both businesses, they will "find" something.

Concerned about your health? Then live healthy.

People live too long these days anyway.

Oh look. There's one now.

Yeah my wife's whole family. And when they do finally go, they reject what the doctor tells them. And they have spent their whole adult lives miserable with physical ailments, most of which could be easily treated. I have to prod my wife, but at least she will go when I do. Last thing was clots in her leg that she was denying as just strained muscles (with swelling), and I had to say "you're going in".

I get yearly checkups. Doc doesn't find anything to sell me. Guess he's not good at "finding something". Here's a clue.....if you have unhealthy habits or lifestyle, your doc is probably going to find something.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Went in for a CDL physical some years ago .
A bull dyke with twisted since of humor while she was wrapping up the exam , asked how long it had been since I had a prostate exam .
Told her I hadn’t , devilish smile crossed her face and she said , well you should .
I smiled and told her it seemed she was a bit to eager , she said all come on , won’t take long , you already got your pants down .
I smiled back and told her , looks like we’re done here .
She appeared somewhat deflated as she left the room only to pop the door back open and smiling , you sure ?
Yes I’m sure and she let out a nasty little cackle and went away .
Last time at that clinic.
Kenneth

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Went to the doctor at 46 yrs old. Hadn't been in about 2 years. Hardly ever sick. Company had great insurance.

Told him I wanted the works. If they pay for it, I want it. Found PSA was high. Went to second test and had biopsy. Cancer. Less than 6 weeks later, I'm having the robot surgery. PSA has stayed undetectable for 15 years.

Fast forward to July. Now 61 years old. Had weird chest pain for nearly two days. Wife insists I go to ER. They run every test for heart and lungs. No issue found. But they did find a lesion on my left kidney.

Had contrast test hoping for a cyst, but it appears to be more solid. Very small, but 70% chance it's cancer. I'm scheduled October 10th for a partial nephrectomy of my left kidney.

Scary to know but not knowing will kill you. Actually lucky to have found it. This may be twice I have found something bad, very early and dodged the bullet. Knowledgeable really is power. Wish me well and get your check ups!!!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hope it goes well for you .
Kenneth

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Have a friend who had a stroke last week. BP when they got her to the hospital was 250/150ish. She is 68 years old, about 275 lbs and hadn't seen a doctor since the 1990's. Her and her husband are "screw the government" types who go out of their way to avoid paying taxes. They both have been self-employed most of their lives and mostly taken cash under the table to avoid paying anything in taxes. Probably have paid very little into SS or Medicare. Never applied for SS or Medicare benefits. No insurance.

She will probably live the rest of her life in a nursing home at government expense. I'm not opposed to that when necessary. But these people have done nothing to contribute. But will take the handout when they need it.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JMR40
Have a friend who had a stroke last week. BP when they got her to the hospital was 250/150ish. She is 68 years old, about 275 lbs and hadn't seen a doctor since the 1990's. Her and her husband are "screw the government" types who go out of their way to avoid paying taxes. They both have been self-employed most of their lives and mostly taken cash under the table to avoid paying anything in taxes. Probably have paid very little into SS or Medicare. Never applied for SS or Medicare benefits. No insurance.

She will probably live the rest of her life in a nursing home at government expense. I'm not opposed to that when necessary. But these people have done nothing to contribute. But will take the handout when they need it.

Lots of people like that, unfortunately.

NRA Patron
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
When your numbers up, it’s up

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Doctors:

Leading medical organizations the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association released a letter Monday addressed to Biden Attorney General Merrick Garland demanding action to investigate and crack down on reporters who have exposed hospitals across the country for performing gender surgery on children as young as 14 and 15 while also giving puberty blocking chemicals to children.

The letter also demands tech platforms Twitter, TikTok and Meta (owner of Facebook and Instagram) crack down on the reporters’ accounts.

They have lost all credibility.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PSA is not perfect, but it's an awfully good measuring stick. If your results are low and stay low,, with no changes or spikes, there is little need for a finger up your butt. Some folks may actually like that, but I'm not one of 'em.
I am through fighting with doctors and their offices. The covid crap, with enforced masks and stuff really turned me off. When I quit my 15 year time with my primary care doctor, I told him I was just not going to have a confrontational relationship with a service provider. I have just stopped going to all my doctors except my cardiologist, and even there I don't get the battery of tests they like to make you suffer through.

Sam......

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There is a difference between ignoring possible health problems and ignoring health problems.

If you are an old man the medical community will find something to treat you for.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Pretty sure the DRE is still used because the shape of the prostate is an important indicator too. I had a urologist who never did them. He hired an ex prison nurse and she did the DREs.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hanco
I saw the neighbor across the street today, told him about my catheter up my dick and probably gonna have to get rotor rooter job. He said he went to doc at VA for regular screening BS, his PSA came back a 7.2. He says he didn’t let doc give the finger exam, said he ain’t gettin no damn biopsy, ain’t going back. I’ve had 3 biopsies and two prostate ultrasounds. It ain’t fun, but I lived through it. He says he ain’t going back, has head in sand. He may forfeit his life being ignorant and hardheaded.

Do you all know people like that??

IMHO... the core problem is loss of joy. Real genuine happiness...

Life isn't fun for him anymore... so he is a walking/talking suicide.

It is absolutely everywhere... dope, selfish snowflakes, men can get pregnant insanity.

Freud speaks of "ID"... what is your Nucleolus?

I am lucky... I have known since I was 3... that I am a Maker of things.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
FYI: Certain kinds of medication distort PSA readings. I learned this the hard way. My PSA was great. Finger wave discovered 3 tumors. Also, radiation has side effects. I now have no bladder muscles. Must use a catheter. Medicare pays for 200/month. You buy, if you need more. Significant change in lifestyle.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I get a checkup every 3 months may sound like overkill to some but that's what I do next checkup on November 7th.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.