Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by OGB
Going to a doc "just in case" is like going to a mechanic "just in case".

Both businesses, they will "find" something.

Concerned about your health? Then live healthy.

People live too long these days anyway.

Oh look. There's one now.

Yeah my wife's whole family. And when they do finally go, they reject what the doctor tells them. And they have spent their whole adult lives miserable with physical ailments, most of which could be easily treated. I have to prod my wife, but at least she will go when I do. Last thing was clots in her leg that she was denying as just strained muscles (with swelling), and I had to say "you're going in".

I get yearly checkups. Doc doesn't find anything to sell me. Guess he's not good at "finding something". Here's a clue.....if you have unhealthy habits or lifestyle, your doc is probably going to find something.

Your final point was kinda my point. Americans in general live very unhealthy life styles. A sedentary life coupled with a terrible diet will lead to health issues. Take a gander at the people of wal-mart! I also believe that when the medical field proudly proclaims that "people are living well into their 90s" it is largely through artificial means. Sure people can be kept alive but there is a difference between that and living.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Doctors still wear masks and require you to wear one as well.

Nuff Said

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by OGB

Yeah my wife's whole family. And when they do finally go, they reject what the doctor tells them. And they have spent their whole adult lives miserable with physical ailments, most of which could be easily treated. I have to prod my wife, but at least she will go when I do. Last thing was clots in her leg that she was denying as just strained muscles (with swelling), and I had to say "you're going in".

I get yearly checkups. Doc doesn't find anything to sell me. Guess he's not good at "finding something". Here's a clue.....if you have unhealthy habits or lifestyle, your doc is probably going to find something.

Your final point was kinda my point. Americans in general live very unhealthy life styles. A sedentary life coupled with a terrible diet will lead to health issues. Take a gander at the people of wal-mart! I also believe that when the medical field proudly proclaims that "people are living well into their 90s" it is largely through artificial means. Sure people can be kept alive but there is a difference between that and living.

We agree on that point. But it's also true that you can live a healthy lifestyle and still have unexpected health issues. I've known a few apparently healthy people who found out too late that they had serious illness, probably brought on by work related or environmental issues. Not so big a deal in our youth, but as we age, regular check ups are wise,

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How many here had doctors that prescribed Ivermectin and/or Hydroxychloroquine?

Anybody,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102

Anybody,

Never had the occasion to ask. But my doc always pulled his mask off when it was just the two of us in the room, and I did the same.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by OGB

We agree on that point. But it's also true that you can live a healthy lifestyle and still have unexpected health issues. I've known a few apparently healthy people who found out too late that they had serious illness, probably brought on by work related or environmental issues. Not so big a deal in our youth, but as we age, regular check ups are wise,

I know, I know. Yes it is probably past time for me to get a tune up.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by hanco
I saw the neighbor across the street today, told him about my catheter up my dick and probably gonna have to get rotor rooter job. He said he went to doc at VA for regular screening BS, his PSA came back a 7.2. He says he didn’t let doc give the finger exam, said he ain’t gettin no damn biopsy, ain’t going back. I’ve had 3 biopsies and two prostate ultrasounds. It ain’t fun, but I lived through it. He says he ain’t going back, has head in sand. He may forfeit his life being ignorant and hardheaded.

Do you all know people like that??

they don't do the finger test anymore ,blood test does it all. my last finger test was more than 10 years ago.
Not true.

Actually the DRE is important and some docs put more value in it than just a PSA number.

I know mine does. And then we both enjoy a cigarette afterwards.

Good for you. You can likely die together, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102

Anybody,

Never had the occasion to ask. But my doc always pulled his mask off when it was just the two of us in the room, and I did the same.

None of them wanted to talk about Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine until just recently. Cardiologist wouldn't even broach the subject. What a dumbass Kool-Aid sucker and dispenser. Only reason I use him is he is the chief cardiologist at the hospital a mile and a half from my house.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mine didn't, he told me to get vaxed and I told him no way I've allready had covid and can take care of it myself. He told me in a letter couple months later he was retiring and I needed to get another physician. He did retire and I found another she is bright and damned hard to look at. At my check up I had good numbers but the lab people forgot to run psa so they pulled another blood sample and it had come up some and they want another in 6 months. If she wants to stick her finger up my ass that's fine. When she went over my health history for the last year she asked if I had any issues. I told her about having covid twice, she said we have nothing in our records of that and I told her that was because I took care of it. Gave me a funny look and told her I'd lost confidence in the cdc, the AMA , and the NIH. I looked at her and said I suppose your a big Vax proponent? She laughed and said no that's your decision to make. Anything else? I told her about my right knee problems she sent me down the hall to xray. That was on a Friday afternoon, Monday they called to tell me it was full of arthritis and set up an appointment for a cortisone shot. Yeah I trust her so far...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by gunswizard
People like that are mostly in the graveyard.

News for ya - those that aren't "like that" are in the grave next to them.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doctors don't have much choice in how they treat patients. There are treatment protocols they have to follow or they risk being sued for malpractice or having their license revoked. These treatment protocols are established by the government and by insurance companies, not by medical research. A lot of doctors now work for corporate hospitals or corporate medical centers that are run by attorneys. They are expected to find something to treat, prescribe medicine and turn a profit. They pretty much work on commission. You have to take an active role in your own medical treatment. Find one you trust and talk to them about treatment options. I have a good PA and cardiologist. My wife is still looking for a primary care person.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just though I would add this.

If you are over 50 and have not had a Colonoscopy, do not wait and get it done! I have had two so far, the first time they found 4 polyps, the second time 2.

It's a simply 30-minute procedure and it may prevent you from getting colon cancer. One of my friends was very unfortunate and was diagnosed with colon cancer when he was 42, he was lucky he survived after many surgeries, chemo etc., and he has to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of his life.

The first year he was wearing it he killed an elk and was hanging it by himself and managed to rip the bag off of its attachment, caused a lot of problems for him.

So be wise and GetRDone :o)

Cheers ~

KB

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Riverc
I get a checkup every 3 months may sound like overkill to some but that's what I do next checkup on November 7th.
Checking for what? Does your Dr recommend a checkup every 3 months?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by cowboy77845
FYI: Certain kinds of medication distort PSA readings. I learned this the hard way. My PSA was great. Finger wave discovered 3 tumors. Also, radiation has side effects. I now have no bladder muscles. Must use a catheter. Medicare pays for 200/month. You buy, if you need more. Significant change in lifestyle.
Did you get a biopsy? Do you recall what your Gleason Score was?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My father drank like a fish and died of a sudden illness at 90.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
MY Dr. stopped doing the digital exam. He said it screws up the PSA test.

"not too grumpy"
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It does, but so does an ejaculation.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hanco
I saw the neighbor across the street today, told him about my catheter up my dick and probably gonna have to get rotor rooter job. He said he went to doc at VA for regular screening BS, his PSA came back a 7.2. He says he didn’t let doc give the finger exam, said he ain’t gettin no damn biopsy, ain’t going back. I’ve had 3 biopsies and two prostate ultrasounds. It ain’t fun, but I lived through it. He says he ain’t going back, has head in sand. He may forfeit his life being ignorant and hardheaded.

Do you all know people like that??

That's kind of what my late stepson did. Had a pain in his lower back. He was a body builder type so went to a chiropractor. No help. Mis mother and I both tried to have him see a regular doctor to find the problem. He refsed and said he's work through it. Fast forward about ten years and his place of employment said all employees were require to the a ful physical exam once a tear. Well, he finally saw a doc and the pain was prostate cancer that over the years spread throughout his entire body. Doc gave him 6 moths at best. He fought like hell and had three more years before his body finally said to hell with it and he passed. Hell of a kid, body builder and self taught in karate. His uncle was a black belt and when he went against uncle, he was told he was equal to a black belt. Dunno which level as he never did want to say. His mother, my late wife and I both missed him terribly.
Cancer is some nasty stuff and I sure don't want to die like he did.

Hanco, you might want to pass this along to your neighbor. Prostate cancer if caught early is survivable. Been there and done that. I've also survive skin cancer and now am fighting colorectal cancer. It my get me this time. I'm 84 and in no damn hurry to go.
PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 10/04/22.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clarkm
My father drank like a fish and died of a sudden illness at 90.

Similar story here, a lunch for my father, a fishbowl of Vodka, followed by wine and Cognac, then back to work, don't know how he did it! Smoked 2 packs a day as well. Made it to 80 of a rare cancer that was unrelated to smoking or drinking.

There is a lot to be said about Great Genetics!

KB

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Its called carelessness, Everyone does it.
You just feel fine and yeah it will go away.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 219 Wasp, 30 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.