Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
First-year Cop about to be in a world of criminal and civil hurt.

Suspect takes off, hitting Cop, Cop opens fire.

Tough job.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...ence-hospital-ambulance-handgun-suspect#

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not condoning the actions of the officer.
But I bet that stupid driver wont do the cheeseburger boogie again

Last edited by hookeye; 10/06/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Chief of police started his career in DC and was chief of police in Minneapolis and the Mayor is a big lib. The problem is we have a whole generation now, thanks to Obama, who thinks they don't have to listen to anyone and do whatever the hell they want. Watch that kid in the video. I can easily understand the first volley being fired. The second, not so much.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a good shoot to me.....

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
While it's not a good shoot morally, it is considered acceptable nowdays with those who they fill the ranks with...but the only reason why there's publicity on this is because it was a non white minor... otherwise this wouldn't even make print.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Awesome policy, SAPD! If a bad guy shoots at one of your officers but only grazes him/her, there's no lethal force intended, right? Should make recruiting a breeze!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Definitely not objectively reasonable use of force. Bad shoot. Guy should be fired and prosecuted.

This incident, is almost as bad as the one that occurred in Wolfe City TX (where the TX Rangers also determined the u.o.f. was unreasonable).

What an idiot.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is the rookie white and the perp and police chief black?

Something about this doesn’t seem quite right but I’m sure that I’ve got maybe 1% of the facts. This sounds like a perfect excuse for canning someone that they were gunning for anyway.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
If that was a black kid getting shot the streets would be erupting somewhere and the looting and burning would have begun.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
He'll get hired by the Capitol police.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks like the Cop started out angry, like he took the kid’s previous successful evasion personally.

The sad part is that kid, scum on a stick, and his equally crappy parents are now in line for a hefty settlement.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Chief of police started his career in DC and was chief of police in Minneapolis and the Mayor is a big lib. The problem is we have a whole generation now, thanks to Obama, who thinks they don't have to listen to anyone and do whatever the hell they want. Watch that kid in the video. I can easily understand the first volley being fired. The second, not so much.
You hit the nail on the head with the second sentence.

There’s a generation of people that have zero respect for chain of command and authority. It’s all about what they “feel” and nothing else. Everyone “feels” that they’re right. A society can’t function with everyone doing whatever they want based upon feelings.

The first shots didn’t look great IMO the second ones absolutely not. The targets on LEO’s back, it isn’t a job that I’d want.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I dislike chiefs and sworn staff more than most, but they have nothing to do with this incident. If using the Graham v Connor standard, this shoot is a no-go....easily.

It's simple really. Severity of the crime, is the suspect actively attempting to flee or evade arrest, is the suspect an immediate threat to Officer's or citizens?

Lower circuits have warned about "creating your own circumstance"......kinda like not waiting for backup when you know the suspect will probably attempt to flee (ie past history), opening a car door (that might hit you if the suspect flees, etc......

Terrible decisions after terrible decisions.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/06/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Looks like he was criminally charged, as he should be. What a moron.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its really another win-win

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the kid and parents get a big settlement .That kid will be dead in a year .With all that money he will do more drugs ,and O.D. or get a fast car and crash it.that the way it usually goes. Kind of like the grandkids of Whittiker the West Virginia guy who hit that 300 million dollor powerball jackpot .Didnt turn out to well

Last edited by rem shooter; 10/13/22.

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
First-year Cop about to be in a world of criminal and civil hurt.

Suspect takes off, hitting Cop, Cop opens fire.

Tough job.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...ence-hospital-ambulance-handgun-suspect#

NEVER TRUST THE NEWS!!!

THERE IS ALWAYS AN AGENDA!!!

...and it ain't reporting what actually happened... ever.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was pissed and overreacted. I’m sorry, but I don’t want cops to jump on the trigger quite that easily.

I’m not an LEO, but I would guess opening a door like that is against procedure for the risk to the officer just like in that video.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The video appears to show cop walking up to car and yanking the door open on the kid, shining a light in his face and yelling at him to exit the car. No blue lights, no identification. Kid instantly puts car in reverse, cop starts shooting.

If that is truly what happened, cop should go to jail in my opinion.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It is sad what this country is coming to. Cities hiring leftist LE chiefs and persecuting officers. This could've been handled a lot different without giving the lunatic family a golden goose award. I think many of these incidents are done specifically to game the system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,734
Posts18,514,368
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.