Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#17675 07/20/01
Keeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well it took a while but the Yellow Perch have come on with a vengence! Five of us on the boat today and we set anchor at 7:30am in 28ft of water and by 10:30am we limited out. Daily limit is 35 fish per person per day. These little guys are hungry! Cleaning them we found their bellies full of crabs, wigglers and minnows. Every fish had a full belly. Lots of fun! Tried fishing two poles but couldn't keep them down. damn near as soon as they hit bottom, there would be a fish on and a lot of times a double. Any one else on the lakes doing anything?<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went crazy on sand bass (I know, this is supposed to be freshwater) today. Same thing, tried two poles, no time, no chance. Limited out at 10 fish a piece by 10:00 a.m. Drifted for halibut after that. Good day fishing all around.<P>Going back to filleting now.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Keeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Rick,<BR>Glad to hear someone else is getting fish. I was wondering what a Sand Bass is. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to fish saltwater yet. While I spent two years in Kalifornia while stationed at Camp Pendleton, and I spent a year in Okinawa as well as other places in Asia, I never had a chance to fish the oceans. Please excuse my ignorance. I would like to fish the ocean some time for Blue Marlin, Sailfish, and Shark, but I imagine that it will be a while before I will get there. Thanks<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I didn't know sand bass were saltwater ?? Weird I knew strippers were but thought sand bass and hybrids were fresh water??? I learn something everyday here.<P>One of my best buddies guides for strippers on Texoma for anyone heading down here. He stopped by last week between trips and said he had pictures of what he believed to be the biggest fish caught in Texoma this year. It came from his boat too! A 120+ pound alligator gar, over 7 foot long. He wanted me to build him a computer. Was excited to of registered 2 website names and started buisness's of the same name for his own guide service. Until I informed him, that stripers were spelled with only one P not (2) (BOSEG). And therefore his buisness and website name was for Texoma strippers?? Which are mostly young naked females ?? He freaked and left to see if he could change the name of the buisness still. Man he was crying and burning rubber on his truck and I have not heard from him sense. (grin) I told him to check with me BEFORE he did sh*t nexttime!! (LOL)<P>Tex<P>I still think the female stripers would of made more money?? Have them topless waitinf on teh decks as the boats pulled out.

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 16 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,894
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.