Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've always liked the Rugers. Then I picked up a Buckmark for $150 w/rebate. I can't go wrong with either.

Love the short barreled Ruger Mk2 with fixed sights. But it won't shoot with the Buckmark.

Then there's THIS

Which do you like to shoot the most?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love the MKII Ruger’s and I love the 22/45s when they work but I find myself recommending the Buckmark more often than not. They just flat work and shoot great.

I consider Huntsman’s and similar in a class by themselves.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fell into the Ruger MK II camp early and own several, but I am yet to hear anyone give anything but high praise to a Buckmark. Our gun club owns half a dozen Buckmarks for use in its classes. I have shot several of them, and they are as advertised. I am more accustomed to the Rugers, simply because I own them. I can't say that I shoot one brand better than the other. For anyone in a shopping dilemma, get the one you like best at the best price. No wrong answers here.

Here's a pic. (Second from the bottom isn't mine--a buddy and I just put our guns together for the pic).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love those slab sides!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have had both. Like both. Neither less accurate than the other. Get whichever speaks to you. Unless you can get the Huntsman instead.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Ruger have II, III, IV

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It tickles me that I bought the Buckmark (counting the rebate) in 2020 for the same price as the Mark2 in the early 90s

For pure fun it's the fixed sight Ruger, for me

If I wanna shoot fancy tight it's gonna be the Browning.

But I don't have the target model or heavy barreled Rugers

Yet...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I like the safe aspect of my Rugers better than my Buckmark. You can unload the chamber with the Ruger while the safety is on whereas on the Buckmark you have to disengage the safety.

YMMV

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a Ruger MK II Government Model that I love but the Buckmarks are excellent pistols too, you won't go wrong with either one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both are excellent. Bought a Buckmark last year, I think they have a better trigger out of the box and I like the fact the slide completely opens up and provides access in the event of a misfeed/jam.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Have since put a TK trigger on 'er.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Have Ruger MKII, MKIII Browning Challenger and Buckmark. all shoot pretty good but don't hold a candle to the S&W mdl41........and I was a dummy and sold my 41 several years ago,now they have more than doubled in price. more than I'm willing to pay

johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've shot a couple of model 41s. Great target pistols, but they never excited me for field or plinking use.

I actually confiscated a 41 off a guy years ago after he threatened his neighbor with it. I never saw court on it and have no idea what happened to it.
Being arrested and losing a model 41 at the same time qualifies as a legitimately bad day. I remember the pistol way better than I do the guy, but I recall thinking he seemed to be a decen t sort.
Maybe he got a lawyer and got the thing back?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I recently bought a Buckmark, and it is fitted with a red dot sight. The trigger on this pistol is one of the best I have ever pulled, on any handgun. Accuracy is phenomenal, as well. My son has a 22/45, also a very good pistol, but the trigger simply does not compare to the Buckmark.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Most of my friends own a Ruger of one mark or another. They're all solid pistols to shoot. If one came around in good shape for a few hundred bucks I'd probably buy it. With that out of the way, the old Buckmark plain jane model I've had for thirty years is absolutely the last pistol I'd ever sell. It shoots so well and runs so reliably it's hard for me to justify buying another 22 pistol. That's not to say I've not done it, just that I'm still not sure why.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I shoot the bull barrel marks the best, struggle with the tapered barrels for some reason. I'll buy about everyone I run across in the 200 range.

I like a buckmark, have two, about to put a tacsol solution on my main one.

Ran a across this in a pawnshop awhile back, 1987 with browning holster. $225.

Last edited by killerv; 10/11/22.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put me in the Ruger camp. The Browning would start jamming after a box when it got a little dirty.

The two Rugers we own are flawless.

Arcus Venator
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve had two Ruger Marks and still have one. I’ve not had any trouble with them except when I take them apart and put them back together. Both shot pretty good.

I’ve had two 41’s, a long and a short. I much preferred the short barrel and did not mind taking it out in the woods. So easy to clean. I also like the mag release better. It’s my favorite even tho I don’t currently have one.

The only experience I’ve had with a buckmark was with a friends gun. We were shooting at a dueling tree and his jammed, but he hasn’t said anything about it since so am guessing a good cleaning took care of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started out with Ruger’s. My first one was a Standard that cost 37.50. I have 3 mark 2’s now.
I also have a 41 with the 3 different barrels. There maybe something better out there now but it’s to late to change.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I only have experience with one model 41, but it was pretty finicky about ammo. It suffered misfeeds with the same loads that ran perfectly in my Ruger and Buckmark. Loved everything about it otherwise.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 2,827 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,756
Posts18,514,819
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.