Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Some days you want to blow your head off.

Make it all slow down, stop and end.

But then you think about all the fun you could have before you die.....lol

Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
at 86 old friends are few or none. only 2 old phesant hunting buddies still alive and only one still hunts them. and cougers in the west and brown bears in alaska . or whatever.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
How is it going?

Way better than I deserve that's for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kind of a precarious situation when your days value is based on "how it went".

Lots of people down though history have had some terrible circumstances and still managed to remain optimistic about life.

I'm not one of those unfortunately.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by olehunter
at 86 old friends are few or none. only 2 old phesant hunting buddies still alive and only one still hunts them. and cougers in the west and brown bears in alaska . or whatever.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sam,

With effort from all of us (me, dear wife and three sons) we are more than fine. I was out with two of the three boys today chasing gun shops in San Antonio wrapped with a pretty authentic Sichuan lunch. Son #2 heads out tomorrow for home in Rock Wall Texas. I'm heading back out tomorrow to revisit "a find"...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Keep yer chin up Sam.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ed, not a bad day. I will google Sichuan.

Yesterday.
(Oregon pot smoke, thanks Beav..)

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Today.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.

Amen brother.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
DeFlave put up a Sober October challenge 11 days ago...

I have failed 17 times thus far.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pal
In my nearly 79 years I've survived 1 war, 2 bankruptcies, 3 near-death experiences, and 4 failed marriages. This past year I've lost my home and shop. This year's inadequate Social Security cost of living increase put me into "another category", so I lost my prescription medicine benefit. Somewhat physically handicapped from a fractured pelvis and calcanius, I still have to work, so I struggle, a bit, physically and financially.

Now I have a new rented shop that is a work in progress, and an old boat that I am working on so I can begin living aboard again soon. This process has boosted my hope and given me new goals to work toward. And, quite frankly, this effort makes me happy and proud of my own abilities; something to look forward to.

Good on you.

Weaker men envy you

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ahhh.....the well gave up enough water for me to take a quick shower just now.

The water has a tinge to it...and an unpleasant odor....but so did I before hand. So its a win.

I totaled our going to town/travelling car on a deer a while back. A beloved neighbor died and her husband is in the nursing home now.

Richard's horse is on the way out. Lynley needs braces to the tune of 6000 dollars.

It still has not rained and the lamb market hasn't been this low in 40 years. We basically didnt get any hay put up.

We rented a trencher and put in a 300 foot gas line for the folks. Their old copper was leaking. They are happy now. Also trenched in a 200 foot power line.

Dad is improving from his stroke and the surgery he had to remove a blockage from his neck artery a week or so ago.

Mom's cataract surgery went well last week. She will go for the next eye in about a week.

Some bad....some good. I am on some new medication that seems to be treating me ok.

So....not too bad really. You know me...I cant complain!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rømmegrøt here cuzzin'.

I win!

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Couldn't be any better here. I've been retired a year, and haven't gotten caught up on the honey-do list yet. My goal was to retire before I was 50. I'm 49 now, so i made it. I love the lack of stress and nowhere to go if I don't want to.
Like Greg I retired this March at 49. My son has a metal building company that I help out a little with here and there and I’m opening a little gunsmithing shop. Wife has a good job on top of my pension and we have grandbaby number two arriving in March. Life is good!
Enjoy it, sir!

I’ve discovered that even cleaning out fencerows is enjoyable when you know you don’t have to.

I used to go on vacation with my wife and sit there the whole time thinking about what I could be doing if I were back at home, and dreading going back to work the next week knowing I’d be a week behind on everything. Now when we go on a trip, I can actually enjoy it!

I hear that. I use to dread vacation from work because I had to go back and knew everything would be waiting on me. Not anymore! I hope you enjoy your retirement as well Greg.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by pal
In my nearly 79 years I've survived 1 war, 2 bankruptcies, 3 near-death experiences, and 4 failed marriages. This past year I've lost my home and shop. This year's inadequate Social Security cost of living increase put me into "another category", so I lost my prescription medicine benefit. Somewhat physically handicapped from a fractured pelvis and calcanius, I still have to work, so I struggle, a bit, physically and financially.

Now I have a new rented shop that is a work in progress, and an old boat that I am working on so I can begin living aboard again soon. This process has boosted my hope and given me new goals to work toward. And, quite frankly, this effort makes me happy and proud of my own abilities; something to look forward to.

Good on you.

Weaker men envy you

Thank you. Very kind of you.

I'm thinking that the pleasure and satisfaction we derive from any endeavor really is related to the effort we put into it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal
I'm thinking that the pleasure and satisfaction we derive from any endeavor really is related to the effort we put into it.

Thank You Sir!

I needed a big dose of exactly that...

I lived aboard for years... my oldest son (born in Annapolis) came aboard immediately after his birth. Boat life... I get it. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/12/22. Reason: Edit for clarity

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
For you Pal...

One of my all time favorites...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Great thread, seems like most have good solid day to day lives.

Me, living the dream, every day a Saturday. Been retired since May 2021 after 45 years working that was mostly good.

My kids are happy and doing good, normal people. Daughter and son. Friends and family satisfied with their lives too.

I hope to catch a dry spot in the rain today to sort out first shots on a new rimfire rifle that came home yesterday. If no break in rain, there's tomorrow.

Nice being retired.

GOA
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Life is good.
If it was any better, I’d think I’m being set-up.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I haven’t had solid food for awhile, going in for a colonoscopy today. So consider yourselves lucky.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 72 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.