Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Bought a new truck today. Natch it comes with 3 months free.

Anything good on there? Outdoorsy? Or should I just ignore it and let it expire or is it worth the cash to keep?

Me

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you do any traveling it is worth it. The weather app is outstanding.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have enjoyed Sirius since 2005. I have three vehicles worth & a lifetime account form my portable. Won’t be without it. My main interest is commercial-free music.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We have subscriptions for a car and house radio.

Rarely use either but when we do it's sweet. Hear new tunes that would otherwise go unnoticed.

New pickup?

We need details.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wait until you try to cancel it. 3-5 phone calls per day, from them trying to get you back.

Last edited by bubbajay; 10/18/22.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they spoke decent english I’d subscribe. A PITA they are.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Rarely use either but when we do it's sweet. Hear new tunes that would otherwise go unnoticed.

New pickup?

We need details.

22 Taco. Double Cab, short bed, manual transmission. TRD Off Road so it has ATAC and the rear e-locker. Usual interior stuff.

Been forever since I rowed gears in a daily. Hard to remember there's #6 in this one.

Funky Lunar Rock color, should hide dirt well.

More than enough truck for me - kayaks, pull a Side by Side, dead deer, grouse and bear if I ever pull a tag. I love tacomas, get in the woods and down atv trails at camp easier.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Me

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I really like S/XM. About all I listen to is the Patriot Channel, Fox News and Classic Rock. A big thing for me is that I can stream it on my phone while I’m on the tractor, lawnmower or in my old farm truck that the radio doesn’t work. Oh, and you can also stream it on the Alexa box in the house.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Kids got it for me a couple of years ago for Fathers day,i don't even listen to regular radio anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like my Sirius, IPad, phone, boat, gym, truck, anywhere….

So sick of Dj’s blabbing on and on about stupid chit on regular radio..

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Both my truck and her car have it installed. When the free stuff expired it was gone. Might be different if I still worked and drove a lot but.....those days are gone.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Teal

New pickup?

We need details.

22 Taco. Double Cab, short bed, manual transmission. TRD Off Road so it has ATAC and the rear e-locker. Usual interior stuff.

Been forever since I rowed gears in a daily. Hard to remember there's #6 in this one.

More than enough truck for me - kayaks, pull a Side by Side, dead deer, grouse and bear if I ever pull a tag. I love tacomas, get in the woods and down atv trails at camp easier.

Nice ride.

You’ll enjoy Sirius.

I’ve had it many years now and pay $10/month each for 2 vehicles. At annual renewal they always want more, you know the game. Tell them you’ll just drop it and “the specials” come forth.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Let your subscription expire. They’ll start offering deals for like $4-5 a month. Last one I did was $20 for 4 months

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had it for about 7 years and at times have dropped it, but have stayed on mostly due to difficult radio reception in this part of the world. Kinda like satellite TV in a sense with many worthless channels, but a few that you listen to. If you're a sports guy, you can keep up on all the games when on the road.

Let it expire and they will drop the price dramatically to get you back. Do not pay full price. When you do want to cancel they are difficult.

Nice ride!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I listen to Outlaw Country most of the time, Classic Vinyl 2nd.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

New pickup?

We need details.

That is sweet!
Have Sirius in my ‘03 Tacoma. My cabin sits dead middle of the national radio quiet zone so damn near impossible to pick up radio stations, thanks to sugar grove NSA base and green bank radio telescope.
News, music… like Sam said, it’s turned me on to tons of music I’d have never been exposed to, and pretty much the only option back there.
Used to love “the joint” but they got rid of it. Now it’s jam rock radio or something.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/18/22.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Lonny
I've had it for about 7 years and at times have dropped it, but have stayed on mostly due to difficult radio reception in this part of the world. Kinda like satellite TV in a sense with many worthless channels, but a few that you listen to. If you're a sports guy, you can keep up on all the games when on the road.

Let it expire and they will drop the price dramatically to get you back. Do not pay full price. When you do want to cancel they are difficult.

Nice ride!
No joke. Mine dropped recently. I resubscribed for literally 25% of what so was paying.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought a new truck today. Natch it comes with 3 months free.

Anything good on there? Outdoorsy? Or should I just ignore it and let it expire or is it worth the cash to keep?

check out all the channels. might find a few you like. you'll know at the end of 3 months whether it is worth it to you.

for me it comes down to how long are you in the truck.

pretty sweet for Northern Arizona/Southern Utah/Southwest Colorado drives when you are out of most FM/AM options.

or driving the length of a state. not as much looking for music/news/reception.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh yeah, I dickered 'em down a couple years ago.

Threaten to cancel and they should weaken.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,731
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.