Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Congresswoman Mary Peltola has a last name history that can be confusing: She started life as a Sattler, then became a Kapsner, a Nelson, and finally Mary Peltola. It’s made it difficult for researchers to determine which name she used as a legislator when she voted for a state income tax.

Now, as of this week, Peltola is morphing her name again. Her official page at the U.S. Congress has gone back to her first name, Sattler, combining it with her most recent married name, Peltola, which has Finnish origin. Gene Peltola, Mary’s husband, claims Yupik and Tlingit heritage, rather than Finnish heritage, as the name suggests.

Sattler is a name that comes from Middle High German, and means “saddle.” The surname is also found in other European countries.

Mary Peltola’s father, Ward Sattler, was a white man from Nebraska who went to Colorado State University, graduating in 1963. He taught in rural Alaska, married a woman who was part-Native and they had 11 children. The Sattler name is politically advantageous to Mary Peltola because Sattler was a Republican who ran for the Alaska Legislature in 2004, 2006, and 2008. And because there are so many of them.

Mary Peltola never mentions her Caucasian heritage. She identifies as Yup’ik, from her mother’s side. Gene Peltola leans on his own Native, rather than Finnish connections, to advance his career as well. Most recently, he was with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Congresswoman Peltola is, by shapeshifting her name, angling for both the Democrat advantage and the Republican advantage of her non-Native father.

On her campaign, she hasn’t quite caught up with the changes. It’s still MaryPeltola.com.

https://mustreadalaska.com/shapeshi...te-name-to-reflect-her-original-sattler/

I don’t trust her.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She's a Democrat, what is there to trust?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
She's a Democrat, what is there to trust?
My thoughts as well. I think about the same of some so called republicans as well these days.

Last edited by Hudge; 10/11/22.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
She is in, unless Begich or Palin drops out. Aint' gonna happen- too much ego involved.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
With this ranked choice garbage, couldn't either of the republicans win as long as people make either of them their first and second choices?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pabucktail
With this ranked choice garbage, couldn't either of the republicans win as long as people make either of them their first and second choices?
If people ranked Begich and Palin only, then yes one could win. You don’t have to rank all 4 candidates, but too many idiots don’t pay attention.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes, but as was shown in the special, they won’t.
As las said, if no one drops, Peltola wins.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Yes, but as was shown in the special, they won’t.
As las said, if no one drops, Peltola wins.

Well Palin as of last week called the Mike Porcaro show said rank the red. Rank Begich 2nd, soon after Begich called in and said the same thing rank the red rank Palin #2. But unfortunately we have a lot of dumb voters in Alaska..

Last edited by 79S; 10/18/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I see are Peltola ads talking about how she’s a great mee maw, 20 ph ucking kids, river boat gambling cpt at the age of 14 blah blah. I don’t see anything from Begich or Palin.. I fire the campaign managers.. right now all Alaskans see is a nice lady who just cares about Alaskans. If you believe that chit, Then you shouldn’t be voting.. her loyalties are to western alaska and native communities. Whitey, blacks need not apply. But the crackers are to dumb and suffer from white guilt.

Last edited by 79S; 10/18/22.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For all of you that have idiots for friends and hunt unit 13 tell them ahtna native corporation is foaming at the mouth can’t wait for her to get re-elected. By the end of her 2 years no Alaskan will be able to hunt any federal lands in unit 13. Same goes for unit 20.. Ahtna been wanting more land and shutting out whitey for a longtime. Now they will have a person to do that..

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have actually started seeing Begich ads, but not a Sarah as in a while. Still Petola 3:1 ad wise though. She’s such a nice lady that she’s on husband number 4.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 79S
For all of you that have idiots for friends and hunt unit 13 tell them ahtna native corporation is foaming at the mouth can’t wait for her to get re-elected. By the end of her 2 years no Alaskan will be able to hunt any federal lands in unit 13. Same goes for unit 20.. Ahtna been wanting more land and shutting out whitey for a longtime. Now they will have a person to do that..

Take a drive to Canada and look at all the Native land signs where Non Natives cant hunt, land trades with little or no public
input which land was locked up, thanks Ted and Lisa!

Cant hunt a lot of unit 13 as a Resident because I am not a special local resident,

Mary will only make it worse Rank the Red is what we must do!

Last edited by kk alaska; 10/18/22.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
I have actually started seeing Begich ads, but not a Sarah as in a while. Still Petola 3:1 ad wise though. She’s such a nice lady that she’s on husband number 4.

Latest I heard, her and her husband own 140 firearms so she not for gun control.. uh ok,,, any gun control she will slip in if you live in a alaska community x or less this law doesn’t apply to you. Or better yet if you are subsistence hunters this law does not apply to you. Mr and Mrs white guilt don’t see that nor do they care.

Last edited by 79S; 10/19/22.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am even seeing Pelota ads on Youtube and hearing them on Pandora. They are trying to frame her as continuing Don Young's legacy. Let's see if republicans can manage to not screw this up.

4 husbands. Must be a keeper.

Last edited by Calvin; 10/19/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep tabs of a lot of this on FB, arguing with those morons is a exercise in futility, they are simply too freakin brain washed or stupid to get it, one side blaming the other isn't helping things either. Anyone else tired of all the flyers in the mail, we get them daily and I don't even read them because they are from Democrats and RINO's, what a waste of paper.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Mary and Lisa will team up to give non natives 2nd place in hunting federal lands. She will. Be working hard to give rural Alaskans anything and everything they want.
Ward Sattler had kids from 2 or 3 wives. He is no fan of government.
Gene Peltola is also weaseling his way in to fed wildlife management and keep non natives out! These are bad people.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh you can't tell these Peltola voters anything. Ah she so nice she only represent the interests of Alaska blah blah.. Here is just a peek into what she is doing in her short time in D.C

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr9116

Then you have idiots tell you, oh she dont have that type of power to shut hunting lands down.. Well buddy you might want to take a look at this bill she sponsored. Well you know she's just a real nice lady...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by martentrapper
Mary and Lisa will team up to give non natives 2nd place in hunting federal lands. She will. Be working hard to give rural Alaskans anything and everything they want.
Gene Peltola is also weaseling his way in to fed wildlife management and keep non natives out! These are bad people.

Average idiot voter in Alaska- No way man I was told she has no power and her husband he ahs no power?? All you out their that value any type of hunting better get the word out she is bad for non rural hunters..

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gene-peltola-jr-2451b9b8

Gene Peltola Jr
Assistant Regional Director at Office of Subsistence Management, USFWS
Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Average idiot voter in Alaska- No way man I was told she has no power and her husband he ahs no power?? All you out their that value any type of hunting better get the word out she is bad for non rural hunters..

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gene-peltola-jr-2451b9b8

Gene Peltola Jr
Assistant Regional Director at Office of Subsistence Management, USFWS
Anchorage, Alaska, United States

I saw that job listed on USAJobs. I knew it would go to a native or someone with strong ties to the native community. Want to know something else, him and Dan Rinella (Steve Rinella’s brother) work in the same office together.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (2ndwind, 41rem, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,011
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.