Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I enjoy traveling and so does my wife. We like exploring new places and foods and did extensive traveling when we were younger and without children. As our children grew they became seasoned travelers and they are great to travel with. We have become a great team that travels well. The last couple of years we’ve started traveling and exploring even more.

I enjoy traveling with my wife and I’ve learned to shut up and follow her. She always has the details worked out and I don’t have to feel like I need to be running the show, I can totally relax knowing that she’s got it all figured out.

That’s me exactly

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sometimes.

She was going to Phoenix this weekend but it has been put off till next weekend.

I asked her how long this time and she said about a week when it happens.

Her mother lives there and her and her brother are going this time to get her back home,she has been here getting some teeth pulled and a new top plate and bottom made.

It's been 2 months and that is a long time for someone that is bored and very unhappy everywhere she goes.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I traveled extensively for work for 15 years. Averaged 220 nights/year in hotels all over the world. I utilized sone of those trips to do my own mini vacations/sightseeing. 5 years ago I got off the road and came back home to run the family business. Typically eat lunch with my wife everyday. I’m blessed with an amazing woman. I’ve spent plenty of nights without her so unless it’s a fishing or hunting trip she’s with me or visa versa.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Only until she met LoverboyRoy and left me for him.....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Only until she met LoverboyRoy and left me for him.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rule 11: never let them leave for someone else

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am the directionally challenged one. My wife is my GPS (girl pointing system). She often travels in state for business, it is her corporation and I'm the bill payer (CFO) so it works great. We both love to travel, in fact we're out of state at the moment.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I love traveling with my wife and we go almost everywhere together (the only exception really is hunting)... I love being around her and she around me... even after 31 years together... Personally I think traveling without her would suck.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
KC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I see a lot of you guys lamenting that your wives cannot navigate well. My wife gets around just fine on her own. But she navigates differently than I do. I use maps, street names, street intersections, compass directions, etc. She navigates using landmarks such "just across the street from Costco" or "You know over by Kolls". It works OK for us to communicate except when the landmarks get obscure like "Next to Starbucks" or "By McDonalds", then I really struggle to determine her destination and I have to ask more questions.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sako
I love traveling with my wife and we go almost everywhere together (the only exception really is hunting)... I love being around her and she around me... even after 31 years together... Personally I think traveling without her would suck.

That’s how I feel too. I want to experience incredible places and have amazing experiences but I want to be able to share that happiness and those memories with the one’s I love. Hunting and fishing are the 2 things that I do without her ever since the kids were born. My wife gets seasick and really isn’t a natural born killer. We enjoyed bird hunting and she has expressed interest in getting into hunting again so maybe someday. I have our children to hunt and fish with but they’re getting older and busier too. I think I’m going to go rogue this year and spend some serious time exploring new area alone. I’m looking forward to it because I need some solitude and a break from this clown world and I can go and do as I please. The difference between setting up a “roughing it” camp at 52 years old looks a hell of a lot more comfortable than the dreams of a 32 year old. 😁.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wish she would.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife is in Venice, Italy right now with my-laws. So yes.

When you have young children, and no one to watch them where you live, it’s a challenge.

It’s either my in-laws come in and watch the kids and then me and my wife go. Or my wife goes with my in-laws. I usually spend my away time hunting and fishing and she likes to travel to other countries. Sometimes we go together and sometimes she goes with her parents. A lot of it depends on the final destination if I wanna go. Been to Italy before so I skipped it.

True story. My next destination to travel with my wife was supposed to be Ukraine. I went to Poland for an extended a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I wanted to go farther south into Ukraine and see more of that countryside. You can really learn a lot about Europe or just about any country when you get off the tourist paths. I’m not a big tourist path guy.

If it’s popular and crowded, I don’t stay long.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey leaving out for Vegas at 8 tonight, a little peace and quiet comin up!!!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My wife has seldom traveled by herself, and we travel together except when I am travelling to a shoot. She has traveled with our daughter to take a grandson to Disneyland (hard pass for me) and has attended the occasional wedding or baby shower without the benefit of my company. Otherwise, we travel together and have for over fifty years. We have crossed and recrossed the continent numerous times. I also enjoy travelling by myself, but she does not.
It is my understanding that the inability to tell left from right easily is a form of dyslexia. My wife is also afflicted this way. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Know a lawyer who is happily married to a good dude. He doesn’t like to travel, she does. So she travels with a gay dude she’s known since university. Calls him her travel husband. Her fuqqing husband doesn’t mind it a bit.

He's either a dumbass or he's got a girlfriend on the side he's tapping when she's away (likely). Just 'cuz the "Traveling husband" is gay, doesn't mean he's not banging her like a screen door in a hurricane when she wants some. 99.9% of gays tried the hetero thing before they decided they prefer their own. They don't mind crossing over. I'm thinking the home husband has his own thing going on and keeps the "wife" around for the paycheck.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by hanco
My wife, her sister, her cousin and best friend go lots of places together. They are going to Vegas for 4 days this weekend. They go on cruises, will fly somewhere, rent a car to drive around, go to see the sights. I’m thankful she has these people, saves me from going with her.

My wife does a trip with her high school best friend every other year. They pick a destination and go adventure.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Know a lawyer who is happily married to a good dude. He doesn’t like to travel, she does. So she travels with a gay dude she’s known since university. Calls him her travel husband. Her fuqqing husband doesn’t mind it a bit.

He's either a dumbass or he's got a girlfriend on the side he's tapping when she's away (likely). Just 'cuz the "Traveling husband" is gay, doesn't mean he's not banging her like a screen door in a hurricane when she wants some. 99.9% of gays tried the hetero thing before they decided they prefer their own. They don't mind crossing over. I'm thinking the home husband has his own thing going on and keeps the "wife" around for the paycheck.

I would’ve thought like Hatari if I didn’t have a good buddy that is in the same situation. He and his wife are conservatives that met late in life. His wife has never been married before and had resigned herself to single life until she met my buddy. They fell deeply in love and they are a great couple that I dearly love too. She likes traveling and Broadway shows but my buddy doesn’t. He prefers the solitude of their off grid cabin to traveling so she goes with her old gay male friend. I’ve known them for almost 25 years and I know that they’re absolutely faithful to one another. It works great for them but I don’t think I would be as accepting..

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,295
Posts18,525,793
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.