Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
A Kansas City fireman was shot by the girlfriend of the convicted felon he was fighting.

The felon had started cussing at a store clerk and both the clerk and fireman asked him to leave the store. The felon goes to his vehicle and gets a pistol and proceeds to threaten the fireman. The fireman takes the gun away and proceeds to give him a whooping. The girlfriend then shoots the fireman in the back after picking up the pistol that was dropped during the fight.

https://www.kshb.com/news/crime/con...o-allegedly-kill-kansas-city-firefighter

Apparently there is video showing the felon "tapping out" and the fireman bouncing his head off the pavement. I haven't seen that though if true I could see that changing things.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dodgefan
A Kansas City fireman was shot by the girlfriend of the convicted felon he was fighting.

The felon had started cussing at a store clerk and both the clerk and fireman asked him to leave the store. The felon goes to his vehicle and gets a pistol and proceeds to threaten the fireman. The fireman takes the gun away and proceeds to give him a whooping. The girlfriend then shoots the fireman in the back after picking up the pistol that was dropped during the fight.

https://www.kshb.com/news/crime/con...o-allegedly-kill-kansas-city-firefighter

Apparently there is video showing the felon "tapping out" and the fireman bouncing his head off the pavement. I haven't seen that though if true I could see that changing things.

Which is an example of why it's impossible for anyone here without knowledge of the incident not in the article to give a legitimate read on it. Opinions, oh there's going to be quite a few, but they are what they are.

MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How could it be justifiable when the guy was being beaten in self defense after he threatened the victim with a gun?

Seems to me if you threaten someone with a gun and he takes it away and beats you to a pulp, there is no legitimate claim of self defense.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
How could it be justifiable when the guy was being beaten in self defense after he threatened the victim with a gun?

Seems to me if you threaten someone with a gun and he takes it away and beats you to a pulp, there is no legitimate claim of self defense.

Seems to me you're a fûcking retard.

I'm not going to play the what if game.

The following commentary should be truly enlightening.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cussing at the clerk and bringing gun in started it all. If the guy wasn't an a-hole it would never have happened

Romans 5:1
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WAY too little information to even take a WAG.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D

Personally I agree with you. Threatening someone with a gun because he pissed you off means you deserve whatever happens to you IMO.

On the other hand I could see a lawyer saying he was clearly giving up (if the the tapping out is true) and once he gave up the fireman was not justified in continuing to pound on him or bounce his head off the pavement.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Who's playing the what if game? The guy who got beat up threatened the victim with a gun. Ain't no " what ifs" about it dumb shìt.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

In the US you can't claim self defense against someone whom you forced to defend themselves. That would only be the case if their response was irrationally unproportional. If you spit on their shoes, that is an assault but shooting the spitter would be considered a bit much.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Personally I agree with you. Threatening someone with a gun because he pissed you off means you deserve whatever happens to you IMO.

On the other hand I could see a lawyer saying he was clearly giving up (if the the tapping out is true) and once he gave up the fireman was not justified in continuing to pound on him or bounce his head off the pavement.

I don't see how "tapping out" plays into it. If a guy threatens you with a gun he's not playing by any rules.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Not justifiable

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
From reading the article, the gf killed the firefighter. Or am I incorrect?

Regards

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrigGeneralSTU

In the US you can't claim self defense against someone whom you forced to defend themselves. That would only be the case if their response was irrationally unproportional. If you spit on their shoes, that is an assault but shooting the spitter would be considered a bit much.

Self-defense laws vary substantially from state to state.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Everyone wants to bring a gun to a fist fight. We have become a bunch of pussies...

Of course YMMV

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jcubed
From reading the article, the gf killed the firefighter. Or am I incorrect?

Regards

Correct. The GF shot the fireman.

I'm still looking for the video, but I think it's going to come down to whether or not the fireman continued to beat on the felon after the felon stopped resisting. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure legally speaking you're not allowed to dole out a beating to your attacker after he has stopped resisting.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I don't see how "tapping out" plays into it. If a guy threatens you with a gun he's not playing by any rules.

Good post^^^ "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Shooting was not justified by the crack whore.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JeffP
Everyone wants to bring a gun to a fist fight. We have become a bunch of pussies...

Of course YMMV

Damn right "YMMV"...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah right....
The guy tapped

It’s a f’n street fight
There’s no tapping in a street fight girls.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think this is the video

[video:yahoo]
[/video]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
So if the felon didn’t have a gun the good guy wouldn’t had been shot

Got it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,923
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.