Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,823 of 1,842 1 2 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1841 1842
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love grouse hunting. Tell your son thank you for his service Teal. Looks like you did good in the parenting dept.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rem Special Field 870?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes. 20 gauge

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got one in 20ga also, great grouse gun!!

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I love the barrel length on the Special Field but that straight stock doesn't fit me at all! I wish it did. They're so nice and light.

It's good to see a real shotgun in the woods these days.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Browning made a similar version of BPS, 22" barrel and a straight stock. I might have one of those in a 12ga. wink

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky
Browning made a similar version of BPS, 22" barrel and a straight stock. I might have one of those in a 12ga. wink

Yeah I tried that one too. I shoot really high with both of them.

I do like the Browning BPS Micro, in 20ga.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Ben300WSM
Originally Posted by northern_dave
The wife & I acquired 50 acres of private wooded land in a fairly remote location early in the winter months of this year. 2 sides border state land that goes on for what seems like for ever.

We have prepared a building site & have started building our hunting cabin. 24 x 32 cabin with 3 bunk rooms, kitchen/dining area, small living room type area & an attached sauna room. Wood and or propane heat, propane range/oven, probably the lights too. No electricity, no running water. Thinking about putting a sand point in & a hand pump for water to wash up with.

It's accessible by truck but it's a slow trail a good 3/4 mile off the closest decent gravel road.

The most notable part of this new camp is a new member to our hunting group. My best friends son, 16 years of age. My best friend, also my cousin, lost his life recently in a plane crash. I invited his boy to take part in the building of this new camp & asked if he could come up & hunt with us as well.

He's taken to me, taken to the project & taken to the idea of calling it his hunting camp with the passion & enthusiasm that only a starry eyed young hunter could bring. It's a true blessing and a wonderful thing. The bond between us is strengthening and it is helping me deal with the loss as much or more than it could possibly be helping him. Me & his dad were only about 12 days apart in age & have been best friends since before we could talk. I suppose we are as people would often say "like brothers". Looked alike, talked & thought alike, I suppose that makes it easier for his boy & I to bond so well.

We're trying to keep things pretty rustic, we like the absence of electricity, the hand pumped well idea�. Wood stove� It's going to be quite the place, a foundation for many memories to come. I have 3 kids of my own, 1 girl & 2 boys, all are already or at least show promise of being hunters. My wife likes to hunt, I have brothers� I'm sure my dad will take part. It's the beginning of something good, the birth of what will be a sentimental memory factory.

I'm standing at the beginning looking forward, and I know well enough to absorb it all, soak it up & live in the moments, because they move so fast.

Well, there's the intro, lengthy, but there it is. Any shack/cabin tips and or considerations from those that are past my point & looking back are certainly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

15 years. 15 years.

How is it even possible that it has been 15 years since this thread started?

It's crazy to sit here and think back on all the things that this thread has seen come and go.

I, myself, have been through a wedding, a birth(she shares Ryan's birthday), and a divorce in the the last 10 years.

Posters, real/virtual camp members, family/friends, some have simply just disappeared, while others we have truly lost.

I say "we", as I don't know how others who have interacted on this thread feel, but I've just always felt like kind of a long-lost Uncle to all the kids that we've watched grow up through this thread/journey.

I mean, some of them even have kids of their own now, and that wasn't even a thought back then, as they were just kids themselves.

Wheezy, RWS, PWM/Preacher, Captain, Runs in Darkness, Falls in Water, Kennedy, Jackson, Cale, Sylvia, White Bear's Ben, Dean's Lauren and the twin boys, Cole, wabo's daughter with all the heart issues, noduck's kids, Bill's grandson, and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Dusty, Grizzly Bill, SSB and many others that just seem to come to mind whenever I open this thread. Which I do quite often and pick any random old page number and read a few pages to reminisce.

I have/had so much more I'd like to say/include but I'm running short on time for now.

I do have a few questions though:

How many boats has tzone owned since the start of this thread?

Is Earl(I seem to remember his name being Earl, or was it Gene, or similar) still enjoying the Road Runner? (I don't have the time to dig around and find it at this moment)

Did Pam's truck from her Dad ever get into the restore rotation? Carlos?

What about Black Betty and Yeller? They still around?

Are we EVER going to see the pics of that fragile 'luminum trailer that was deemed too difficult to talk about SO many years ago, or is Dave still pushing those feelings down deep inside? Seems I remember hints of a ice cream sandwich wrapper being some part of the equation somehow?

Last but not least(for now)............................................

Did Muffy ever get married?

Howdy.

15 yrs? Wow, yeah I've got 4 grand babies (so far). It feels like we'll be starting some of these adventures all over again, we really will be. My oldest grandkids are nearing the age Joey was when this all started.

Eener the weiner passed away the other day. He had a real good run, little adventure dog got 14 years in.

I am collecting restoration parts for Pam's truck, I purchased the paint for it too. The other trucks mentioned are still around too. Earl is still in regular contact (roadrunner) he's a friend.

I'm 52 now, but I don't feel a day older than 75.

I'll try to recap and post a bit, life is busy. For now I'm enjoying catching up on this thread.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave - sorry about Eener.

Me

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry to hear about Eener. He was a cool dog. I remember Joey keeping him in his hoodie pocket. laugh

What is Pam’s truck?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Teal
Dave - sorry about Eener.

Thanks.

So good to see you posting and sharing wonderful pictures and stories.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Sorry to hear about Eener. He was a cool dog. I remember Joey keeping him in his hoodie pocket. laugh

What is Pam’s truck?

Pam's truck is a... 78 or 79, i want to say 79 f150 4x4 reg cab long box. 351/4 spd.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for checking in Dave - good to hear from you!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hi Dave,

Great to hear some news & that you're all doing OK.

Sorry about Eener too. Went through it with Bella last year. She gave us 13+ wonderful years !

Love to here some more about the kids/grand kids, if that's not too private ?

Pam's truck sounds like a cool project !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Grandkids are basically in 2 paired age groups. These are with my daughter and also a nearly age matched pair of kids with my oldest son. Currently the 2 older grandkids are 3, a boy for my daughter and a girl for my son. The 2 younger babies are under a year, Nate's (run with scisors) youngest is nearing a year now (another girl). Nate's 2 girls are not so much a blend of him and his wife, it's funny because the 3 yr old is 100% a copy of mom, and the 1 yr old is 100% a copy of dad, very funny to observe and spend time with.

My daughter's 2 are boy (her oldest) and girl. The boy can be horrifyingly destructive and mischevious, and also also quite angelic with his intentions and concerns. sort of a Jekyll and hyde tornado of sorts, lol. Her baby girl is currenly under a yr old and she has got to be the most animated little baby you've ever seen. I could say she smiles with her whole face, but that falls short of explaining. I'm certain she smiles with her entire body. There is sort of a happy energy that just radiates from her, very fun.

I am restoring cars still, although my work has slowed this late summer/fall with an injury to one of my hands. I slipped with my hand while working and pushed my hand into a sharp metal edge, cutting the back side of my index finger and severing tendons. This of course was on my index finger, dominant hand. Currently working on range of motion, limited feeling, very frustrating for someone that works with his hands.

(yes I can shoot with middle finger or left handed if need be)

Deer hunting season is very close, and we're not ready. lol

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
10 days

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you fer real right now?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I read this incorrectly at first and it made me laugh like heck. I read: "yes I can still shoot the middle finger left handed if need be"

grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

I read this incorrectly at first and it made me laugh like heck. I read: "yes I can still shoot the middle finger left handed if need be"

grin

I can do that too.

Something clever here.

Page 1,823 of 1,842 1 2 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,309
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.