Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve decided for my purposes I’d like to go Trijicon ACOG on a Marlin 30-30

Which would have the simplistic reticle and sit the lowest with maybe 3x-4x magnification ?

What say y’all ?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Eye relief is a thang,pass the Illuminatti. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It would seem all ACOGs sit pretty high to use on a Marlin leveraction, but then again, how many do you see set up with "see through" mounts? I would be concered with eye relief and field of view, some of the models have very short ER and narrow FOV. There's a good comparison chart on their website. https://www.trijicon.com/products/subcategory/trijicon-acog-riflescopes

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
They have new options. A 2x or 3x is fine for me. Eye relief can be delt with.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta47-c-400343

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta33-c-400383

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 11/04/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you aren’t married to Trijicon, primary arms has GLX and SLX prisms with ACSS reticles designed for 7.62x39/300blk that would prob work great on a 30-30. I have one of each the GLX and SLX and they’re surprisingly good for the money.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’m fairly married to it but thanks for the info I’ll browse them.

Seems the AK versions mount lower ?

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta50-c-400357

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish Trijicon would throw on a diopter adjustment and put out a few more LED-only options.

I look forward to seeing what you decide on. I put one of those primary arms prisms on my 30-06 last year and I like it more than I should, but I do wish it were mounted lower.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
They have new options. A 2x or 3x is fine for me. Eye relief can be delt with.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta47-c-400343

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta33-c-400383

I stand "corrected",with their "whopping" 1.9" and 2.1" eye relief. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Count me in as another where the ACOG's have stunk for me being 6'-5". I tried forever to try and like them on AR's but with that short eye relief they were miserable. Went to the EOTEC with the magnifier and it worked better for my eye and was multitudes faster to shoot.

Good luck with whatever you choose, but like BS showed, the ER on them is miserable.

Last edited by beretzs; 11/04/22.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It might work

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a fhuqking Texan trying to talk Rifles. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Awesomeness

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon Reality,as you GoogleFu,a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

Said glass has 20% more eye relief than your Goat Fhuqks and is yet VERY trite. Hint.

I realize you are trying your hardest and doing your BEST,which are the only fhuqking reasons,it's so fhuqking HILARIOUS!. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
JohnnyLoco-

Ya' know, the only way to gain credibility with Tiny Twig is to go down to the market, buy a few fish, put them on a stringer and then drop them into the water next to a partially-submerged rifle -- a rifle decorated with colorful tape and with the scope mounted 8 inches above the centerline of the bore. And you then follow-up with profanity-laced tirades and personal attacks on any and everyone. Only then can you be Twiggy's best friend... grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BoobyTrainwreck,

Be SURE to start a Thread,if/when you learn how to mount a scope...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t worry, I have a retirement shadow box of full of medals that assure I don’t seek his credibility. I just need him to keep paying taxes so I can by ACOGs and rifles.

Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
JohnnyLoco-

Ya' know, the only way to gain credibility with Tiny Twig is to go down to the market, buy a few fish, put them on a stinger and then drop them into the water next to a partially-submerged rifle -- a rifle decorated with colorful tape and with the scope mounted 8 inches above the centerline of the bore. And you then follow-up with profanity-laced tirades and personal attacks on any and everyone. Only then can you be Twiggy's best friend... grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jenny,

You tell her and I've only paid $42K+ in taxes thus far,this year,so enjoy that tit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Admittedly,"buy" is both a very BIG word and a foreign concept to Texans,thus your innate ability to botch that too. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I do enjoy it

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
BoobyTrainwreck,

Be SURE to start a Thread,if/when you learn how to mount a scope...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,for doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with.

Tommy,

have you ever seen a pic of Schtick and where he lives? And his real name isn't Larry, its Oscar.

Got this video out of his high school year book, graduation interview, like around 1986 or so...

Here's an interview Schtick had with a local TV station I caught on the news.... Of course he was in a better mood at the time, as he was drunk..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here's another one of his classic helpful videos..... Schtick on Perverts with cell phones...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.