Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
i have both of these scope since last night,i went to wallmart and bought a buckmaster,it has more eye relief and the picture dosent black out like my monarch does,the glass seems to be as good as the monarch in everyway,i will buy the buckmasters from now on.....they both are 3x9x40s..

just thought i would share my expereince with the 2 scopes to you guys..

Last edited by trophytaker308; 11/04/07.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Trophytaker,
I bought a Buckmaster 3x9 (new style) to mount on a 243 I inherited and did not plan to use on a regular basis and have been impressed with it. I really did not expect it to perform as well as it does in low light. No qualms about another one.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Have a Buckmaster 3-9x40 I got on a rifle combo that was preowned but never used. Clarity is good except on the edges, light gathering seems good at least thru 30 min after sundown, and adjustments seem to stick. Hunting with it this Sat evening I was facing west in pine timber. As sunset arrived I was monitoring the effect of glare because I'd never used a BuckM before this year. It does not block glare nearly as well as the Monarch. Matter of fact at sundown and just after the field of view took on kind of a golden glow. Now admittedly I'm looking into the sunset blocked by trees. But I've checked older Leupolds, other Nikons, and Burris FF II's that were quite a bit better on this particular eval. FWIW

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
well maybe i got just a bit more qulity or call it what you will with this buckmaster,because i have looked through the scope in miday light hours at the house and late in the late evening and there was no difference.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's a good scope. I'm sure not throwing mine away. The glare deal is the only thing I've had any issue with. Look west through it about sundown:30 and you'll see what I'm talking about. And the only better glare blocking I've seen at the Buckmaster price is the Fullfield II Burris. Nikon is a good product, currently have 4 scopes and 2 binos.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Shootem
Which version do you have? The one I have does not display the problem you describe, just wonder if it's the older version,of which I have no experience. The scope I have has really impressed me with clarity and low light performance, especially for the $.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
well since you said this,i looked almost at the sun as close as i could get with out acctually looking at the sun and never seen and glare,and did see just a small amount befor i moved a half more inch to put it right inline with the sun,so it seemed to do pretty well considering i will never be looking in the sky at any game with the scope..i think i have the newer version,the bell lense and the objective are a really pretty emerald green color,as in the glass on both ends of the scope.my monarch dosent seem to be as green as the buckmaster.......whoo knows,go figure.

Last edited by trophytaker308; 11/06/07.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
trophytaker
Since yours is a very recent purchase it is definitely the newer version. As you hunt in the evenings with it I think you will be pleased with your purchase. Since hunting with mine some that rifle is in the regular rotation. Good luck.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'd guess the one I have to be 2 to 3 yrs old. To make a long story short it was bought at a local gun store along with a 6.5x55 Ruger 77 Mk II by a fellow that collected guns but rarely shot them. Ended up on consignment there and I bought the outfit unfired with the scope mounted. And I didn't mean for anyone to look directly at the sun at sundown thru their scope, sorry about that. But again if you're sighting into the sunset, or sunrise for that matter, the Monarch will give better optical definition than the Buckmaster as will the Burris scopes in my opinion. Doesn't mean the BM is 'bad' just that the Monarch is better. Should be better for the extra hundred or so bucks. Mine is still mounted on the 6.5 and will be till it breaks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see no advantage for the Monarch over the buckmaster for hunting.One thing I don't like though with my buckmaster is that the eye focus does not lock and moves often when I am hunting...

1 and done
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2500HD, 160user, 10Glocks, 37 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,489
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.