Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anything on a tortilla....Mayo, home canned dill pickle and meatloaf....

Peanut butter and honey....

If it is on bread, a meatloaf or fried Spam sandwich with mayo is tough to beat....

Fried onion and bacon on toasted white with butter is so good and good for you too....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by rob p
Neither taste very good unless I scrape across a little butter and grill it in a pan.

Ahhhh, the Newport Creamery way..... excellent, Care to chase pheasants Thanksgiving week at Arcadia?

I haven't chased pheasants in a long time. I used to hunt the Great Swamp for birds. I used to hunt ducks too, but since the deer hunting bug bit, I've devoted my cold weather free time to sitting in trees. Arcadia's nice though. Deep pond and Breakheart Brook are nice trout spots, and the Wood river too.

The Newport Creamery has changed hands a couple times, and they're not what they used to be when I was a kid. About the only thing I eat from there are patty melts.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Forgot one...nothing like a cholesteral sandwich for breakfast...Toast, fried eggs (2) cheddar and jack cheese, sausage patty, mayo and tomato...Gotta have the tomato, it's healthy....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just had a cupple of sandwitches for dinner last night. BlackForest ham and a thick slice of mozzerella on homestyle cracked wheat bread, liberally slathered with BestFoods mayo.
Virgil B.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Grilled cheese with rye and a slice or two of ham. With a bit of spicy brown mustard between the two before its grilled.

Garden fresh tomato on sourdough with mayo and black pepper. I probably ate a stack 8' high this summer. Best tomatoes I've ever had.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Egg salad and green olives on toasted raisin bread ! WOW !

Lynn D

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
A 4" link of pork or deer sausage split and fried in a cast iron skillet.
BetterBoy tomatoes from the garden
red onion
lettuce
toasted wheat bread
mayo and Zatarans creole mustard

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Slow-cooked venison & mashed potato on buttered bread

Hamburger, fried onions & mushrooms, cheese, on toasted french brd.

Chicken brst, bacon, tomato, & pickles

Turkey & mayo

Homeade jam or jelly w/peanut butter

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My Favorite is a spagghetti sauce sandwich.

It requires toasted cracked wheat bread, and THICK sauce, usually with meat.

Just toast the bread and go heavy on the sauce. This is best with good parmesan, romano, or jack cheese.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 11/05/07.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
issac,

Although I cannot claim to have invented the concept, which I read about in the "Deadly Sins" series of detective novels from the 80s, I highly recommend 'Wet Sandwiches'. A couple of the above mentioned ones border on it.

A staple 'wet sandwich' is the roast beef on rye with potato salad. Another is smoked ham on white with baked beans. One I invented is pastrami on rye with macaroni salad.

The concept behind a wet sandwich is to concoct a sandwich so full of drippy and tasty contents that it probably should be eaten over a sink if you have expensive carpet. They are yummy.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A sandwich ingredient I haven't seen mentioned is Italian salad dressing. It's a sure way to freshen up any same-old sandwich recipe and it's probably already in your 'fridge.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ShootingLady
Can't go wrong with a BLT

That is my absolute favorite!!! There is nothing like a good bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich... especially if you don't skimp on the bacon. wink With mayonnaise, of course. smile

I'm also fond of egg salad, chicken salad, and... believe it or not... peanut butter and jelly. But the jelly should be red raspberry preserves... with pieces of raspberry and the seeds still left in.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
SL...I'm just getting into the Panini's as a chain called Panera Bread has popularly found it's way out here over the last couple years.

Panera's is great. A couple of years ago they had what they called a chicken olivetta sandwich... strips of white meat chicken, along with baby lettuce, onion, feta cheese, and olive bruschetta... all served up on whole-grain bread. YUM!!! If you do their lunch combo (a bowl of soup and half a sandwich), you'll get a half sandwich that's almost as big as a whole one... and then you have the soup to enjoy as well. I had some roasted red pepper soup from Panera a couple of years ago that was some of the best soup I have ever tasted.

On Saturdays Panera's donates their leftover bread and pastries to the outreach ministry to ex-offenders that Barak and I frequent. A couple of times folks have arrived with two or more large plastic trash bags full of loaves of bread, bagels, and other delicious stuff. It makes me happy to see homeless folks and ex-offenders with very little money to buy food able to come and take some bread with them. Yay, Panera!! smile

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Haven't had any since the Depression, but then often enjoyed a pineapple slice with mayo.

My grandmother often used to serve a pineapple salad with dinner (and my mom did as well): a lettuce leaf, a slice of pineapple (they usually just used the canned pineapple rings), a teaspoon of mayonnaise in the middle, with some grated American cheese sprinkled on the top. And usually topped with a dash of paprika.

Boy, that brings back memories.

Penny

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Penny...Haven't tried Panera's soups...I will now.

Will...You gave me flashbacks with the "Seven Sins" detective series. I've read them all but had forgotten about the "Wet Sandwiches"..Thanks for the reminder of a good series of detective novels and "eating over the sink".

Meatloaf sandwiches are also a fave and I haven't had one in almost a year.

Great ideas here and I'm gonna definitely have to try a few.

Thanks for all your personal touches good people!!

TLEE'S Velveeta with rasberry jam takes the nod for the most..shall we say..."Unique"

Last edited by isaac; 11/05/07. Reason: all kinds of mistakes

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bolgna (thick), mayo (extra), dill pickles, potato chips, between two pieces of white bread and smunched down ......

wheat bread, mayo, fresh tomatoes,,fresh chopped basil, mozzarella cheese, salt & pepper ...

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
My grandmother often used to serve a pineapple salad with dinner (and my mom did as well): a lettuce leaf, a slice of pineapple (they usually just used the canned pineapple rings), a teaspoon of mayonnaise in the middle, with some grated American cheese sprinkled on the top. And usually topped with a dash of paprika.

Boy, that brings back memories.

Penny

Wow, completely had forgotten those. My Mom and Grandmother served those as well.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of favorites and probably not too original but here are 3 I like most frequently:

Dago beef, Muenster or Swiss cheese, cooked green peppers & Dijon mustard on Dago bread

Genoa Salami + Capicola, Muenster or Swiss or Provolone on Pumpernickel

PB, bananas on light wheat

Actually, Quiznos Prime Rib & Peppercorn ain't bad either......'specially if the Prime Rib is RARE.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gallo deli Salami on French Bread and peanut butter!

It is to die for!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Peanut butter, mayo, and lettuce on toasted whole wheat bread.

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,783
Posts18,536,251
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.