Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have a Ruger 44 Carbine with the two peice weaver mounts. One is mounted on the receiver and the forward mount is on the barrel. I want to mount a Red Dot sight. The problem is the two mounts are to far apart.

Is there a base plate that will mount to my mounts and give me a larger base plate?

Or is there a Red dot that will mount on one of my two mounts?

ALCOHOL TOBACCO & FIREARMS
Should be a covenience store, not a government agency.
GB1

R
RAN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I doubt there is anything commercially available because the factory base spacing is nonstandard. Alternatively, a piece of Weaver rail could be purchased and machined to fit your gun directly in place of the Weaver bases. This would allow placing the sight as you want.

RWO

H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I wonder if you can get the stock thick enough the machine down? Thats an idea if you can get the stock.

Thanks.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hoot,

The 1st option I'd try is to get a #62 Weaver base and see if the holes in the recv'r line up. Then have one or two more holes drilled in the base into the recv'r and see if that will work. If the receiver is alloy, I'd want two holes. If it is steel, then one should be adequate... (A total of three...) You might have to file another cross-slot in the base to get the mounting right on your sight... (of course, I wouldn't drill any more holes until I see if it will be acceptable with your sight.) smile

Another option would be to use the existing bases and extension rings.

Grasshopper

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Sounds like a plan Grasshooper. Been calling around all day looking for Gunsmiths. They're dropping off like fly here. Lost 3 over he past year.

# 62 Weaver, Thanks

IC B2

H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Accuracy Speaks makes a rail for a 10/22 that I'm hoping will work on the 44 Carbine. I may need to drill the holes in the rail to match the gun.

http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/public_html/parts.htm#Other%20Accessories

They specialize in modifications. He said if that didnt work to send him the gun and he would make it fit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,861
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.