^^^^^^ Yep ^^^^^

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I have a good supply of Nosler 2nds that I bought before the jacked up prices.Wow,it's hard to believe how much they have gone up now.The sad thing is,a lot of my favorite bullets that I have,haven't even been available in first or 2nds in quite a while now.People are going to shoot what they can find.If they have good success with other brands of bullets,they will keep shooting them.Nosler is loosing a lot of customers because of prices and availability.

That may be true, and more than one soul has said as much here, but if they’re selling all they can make I don’t see a downside for them, and they probably don’t either.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Don't kid yourselves either. Whether you want to call it hoarding or being smart and stocking up, I can guarantee you that when some huckleberry walks into the local retailer and sees the bullet for which he's been searching for the past year and a half on the shelf, he's grabbing as many as he can. It only takes one or two guys to buy every box of 284 160 grain Accubonds that may arrive at Fred's Guns and Ammo Store.

Probably right. I'm in the local SW once a week after range time. Still waiting for those 1 or 2 guys to come in to buy those $75 boxes of 6.5 NPTs.

BTW, SW got fed up dusting the 7mm Brenneke ammo and after a year and a half on the shelf they shipped 'em back to the mother ship.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nosler-as with all bullet companies-are pricing for what the loony market will bear. They charge high prices because raw material prices have gone up AND people are stupid enough to pay the prices.

I am glad that I got all that I needed before the prices and availability went loony.

All shooting has gotten so expensive, that about all that I do now is to keep my hunting rifles sighted in. Others use my 530-yard shooting range much more than I do. I have enough components to develop some new loads-if needed-but it is not needed at this time.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dunno why anybody would assume that because a lot of Californians have moved to Bend over the last decade or so that Nosler has been invaded by them as well.

Invaded or infiltrated, the times they are a’ Changeing

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I have a good supply of Nosler 2nds that I bought before the jacked up prices.Wow,it's hard to believe how much they have gone up now.The sad thing is,a lot of my favorite bullets that I have,haven't even been available in first or 2nds in quite a while now.People are going to shoot what they can find.If they have good success with other brands of bullets,they will keep shooting them.Nosler is loosing a lot of customers because of prices and availability.

That may be true, and more than one soul has said as much here, but if they’re selling all they can make I don’t see a downside for them, and they probably don’t either.

WOW Pappy after years of having an asian slut as an avatar you switch to a Ukraine gal and now to a self portrait laugh..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have at least three avatars in the system. Never know which one will pop up when I log in. Right now, I’m seeing Olga, but there’s also a Korean actress whose name escapes me, and the newest, Xing Fei, a lovely gal we’re watching in a kung fu show now. Don’t know if they’re sluts or not, but am certain they’re tasty-looking morsels.

If I looked like any of them, I’d have mirrors everywhere and walk around nekked…..

What fresh Hell is this?
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Awhile back Nosler had a fire sale at shooters pro shop for 6.5 140gr ballistic tips. I bought enough of those to last me a life time. Their a deals still to be had at nosler far as seconds. You just to have to periodically look, this isn't 2012 anymore inflation running out the roof, fuel prices out the roof, raw materials out the roof.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by easttex
What is really going on???

Nosler knows what is going on. They have a plan and are following it. They have been in business for a long time, so it is reasonable to believe that they know what they are capable of producing, and are doing the best they can. They are operating at capacity, making product as quickly as they are able, while adhering to their quality standards.

Like Nosler, Hornady, Barnes, etc. are in the same boat.

Each company has a finite number of machines, people and space in which to operate. Here is a video from their website.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by EdM
I believe that the actual and geopolitical cost of doing business in Oregon will lead to the eventual demise of both Nosler and Leupold unless they choose to move which isn't cheap but companies have done it.

I doubt that. Both will move to Wyoming before that happens, which wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m glad I bought plenty years ago, got enough to take me out

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't have answers and I'm not tied to one mfg. I don't shoot as much as I used to and that's ok. I like shooting but it was never the end all/be all for me.

I still check out the reloading section every time I'm in the store.

I see Hornady on the shelf probably 15 to 1 for everyone else. Hornady and Barnes are most often seen followed by Speer and then occasionally Nosler. I think that's what's most stark.

In my mind there's 2 large guys and then everyone else. Those large guys to me are Nosler and Hornady. When one is readily available and not the other and HAS been for several years - it sticks out to people.

Me

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by EdM
I believe that the actual and geopolitical cost of doing business in Oregon will lead to the eventual demise of both Nosler and Leupold unless they choose to move which isn't cheap but companies have done it.

I doubt that. Both will move to Wyoming before that happens, which wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

Agreed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Schit,bullets are no problem.I am down to around 4,000 primers.That`s a problem at the unreal prices for the go plugs.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got enough Nosler bullets, both .243 and 7mm, to last me a lifetime. Or mine at least! Oops, forgot .308. Got quite a few there too.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shooters Pro Shop shows they are having a huge Black Friday sale. I’m not sure what they think they are selling. It’s a joke.

Scott
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by easttex
What is really going on???

I don't think they are in business any longer for the Sportsmen's business.
They are probably in business with Goberment.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess no one is looking for 160 gr 7mm Partitions.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I guess no one is looking for 160 gr 7mm Partitions.

You still haven't sold those sob's? There for a while that is what everyone was wanting. Either your price is too high, or people done gave up on Nosler??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
Shooters Pro Shop shows they are having a huge Black Friday sale. I’m not sure what they think they are selling. It’s a joke.

270/130 NP's were $27 per bag with $5 shipping over $50 and free shipping over $100. Not a "joke" IMO.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.