Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Been looking at these sights and thinking of trying one on a brush rifle. E O Tech, Bushnell and ATN seems like good ones. Anyone ever use these?

ALCOHOL TOBACCO & FIREARMS
Should be a covenience store, not a government agency.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Stay with the Eotech or Bushnell. Eotech makes Bushnells', or some of them, for them. Very good units. Used by our boys in the ME. I have several and use them and hunt with them. They are amazing if you have never used one before and still so if you have. The AA battery version are a little more but money well spent.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks Ricky. Been hopping to get a good thumbs up from someone of these. Looking to build a brush gun and use one. Thanks, Jim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jim,
Others have them and most will say basically the same thing. Do a search and you will find other recomendations and more may chime in to this thread too. I've been a bit of a hearld for the Holosight but it would be nice if some others would give you their views too. I strongly doubt you would be disappointed in one. Take a look at one if you have the opprotunity and I bet you will be quite encouraged by what you see. Mounting just takes a Weaver rail and you're good to go. Best wishes.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have never used one, but have seen a few mounted on AR's and other tactical guns. I think it would be a perfect match for a brush rifle. If it works for our troops in the jungle, I'm sure it would work in a palmetto thicket in Florida.

Hoping to get some feed back on mid day useage. If rectical can be seen in bright sun light.

Thanks for the input.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It can. I've sighted all mine in that way. Folks get fussy if you try it at dark. wink

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have two EOTech Holo sights, a 512 and a 552.
They are THE best, bar none. They are so user friendly, and they are fast on target too.
I can ditto what Ricky said.
You won't be unhappy if you buy one.
EOTech designed the Holosight that Bushnell makes under license in Taiwan. There are no other Holo sights being made today other that the EOTech and the Bushnell. All others are true red dot sights. The issue here is parallax. Holo sights are virtually parallax free, while all red dot sights have parallax, some more than others.

Don

Last edited by DMB; 11/07/07.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Amen to that in the dark thing. Not sure why they get so testy about it. Seems as if we are at a disadvantage hunting in the dark. But thats just me.

I think you guys have convenced me on the EO Tech.

I've been trying to explain this Military type sight to the better half. Now shes calling me Combat Hoot, Action Figure.

They'll never understand.

Thanks, Hoot

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've had a 512 since they came out with the "F" series. My choice in red dot sights. If you go this way, MAKE SURE you get the "F" series 512. That series has been out awhile now and may be the only 512's on store shelves today, but one never knows about one's inventory.

The "F" series is the longer lasting AA battery EOTech sight.....alot longer than the non-"F" series 512. An "F" is stamped onto a side plate on the sight itself.

Have the "better half" watch "The Unit" on TV some night. All sorts of EOTech's floatin' around there......

Good luck.......

Last edited by magnumb; 11/07/07.
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Yeah, I noticed that Tuesday night. Bass Pro has them for 359.00. Is that about the normal price?

IC B3

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by magnumb
I've had a 512 since they came out with the "F" series. My choice in red dot sights. If you go this way, MAKE SURE you get the "F" series 512. That series has been out awhile now and may be the only 512's on store shelves today, but one never knows about one's inventory.

The "F" series is the longer lasting AA battery EOTech sight.....alot longer than the non-"F" series 512. An "F" is stamped onto a side plate on the sight itself.

Have the "better half" watch "The Unit" on TV some night. All sorts of EOTech's floatin' around there......

Good luck.......

Right on.
I understand you can get a pre "F" retrofitted by EOTech, and IIRC it's a no cost fix. My son had a pre "F" and had that fix done by them. Mine is an "F" model.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I paid somethin' like $322 when the "F" series first came out.....so yeah, seems close.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Had no idea, yet makes perfect sense. Good point and a useful heads up for those lookin' for an upgrade.

I hope they don't come out with a newer "super duper" model (yeah....like they won't), I hate when they do that. Actually, I'm quite happy with this "F" series model so let 'em design away.....I think we're, and now your son.......GTG.

Last edited by magnumb; 11/08/07.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I agree about the F series but if a guy can get a good deal on a straight AA Bushnell, not eotech, that's a better choice than a N cell unit anyday. Much more battery life and much cheaper batteries that can be found anywhere. I've got the older N cells, AA bushnells and AA F series Eotech when I want to be RickyD action figure. grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
FWIW I just got a Cabela's sale catalog yesterday and they had AA Holosights in there for $249, iirc. Good deal on a good sight. Not quite the tactical flavor of the Eotechs but made by the same company and the 200 buck diff will buy lots of batteries!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm thinking of getting one of these for my Rem 11/87 supermag, (Remington is coming out with a smoothbore Cantilever barrel with screw in chokes for turkey hunting).

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Bushnell version has the pre "F" style membrane keypad and does not have the protective metal cover. The EOTech keypad would be much easier to use with gloves. Also, Bushnell advertises 40-100 hours of battery life (depending on model) compared to 200-hours for the EOTech 510 series.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (2500HD, 10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,558
Posts18,510,457
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.