Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
In my career, I wrote many thousands of speeding tickets. It was part of the job. Two things I can say with certainty. First, I never wrote anyone a ticket that didn’t deserve it. And second, with the exception of a school zone, I never wrote a speeding ticket for less than 15 MPH above the posted speed limit. In the school zone, it was 12. That was my standard. I felt at 15 over, you either knew it or should have known it. Most of the time, if I made a stop and what you had done was not crazy, there was a very good chance, if you were polite and had a good record, you were only going to get a warning ticket. My department never had any type of quota.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Goddam bicyclists "blowing through" stop signs are going to get people killed.

Hopefully the idiot on the Bicycle. 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of people posting to Waze from here...
[Linked Image from mt.cdn.iteris-atis.com]

Here too...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
no one does the speed limit out here, especially Joe California and Wally Washington...when driving thru Oregon...

when I have to drive in their states, I just set my cruise control on like the speed limit, or a mile or two under... get in the right lane and watch the world go by.....

only time I get pulled over is by cops who ask me why I am doing so slow?

I'm actually doing your posted speed limit officer, is there something wrong?

the usual response is " okay, was just doing a safety check and making sure you're okay... have a nice day."

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drive how you want to drive, sometimes you gotta pay the road pirates.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintMobile never breaches the 46 mph threshold. Those fugking ant burner bi-focals cannot process images beyond that realm of awareness, time, space velocity.
Imagine the crusty synapses in that dome of mush and the 4 second reaction time. God help other motorists.

LOL

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh yeah! That slowpoke law in Georgia is great! Now, the second you get in the left lane to go around a slower car, here comes the Idiot zoomin' up inches from your bumper. That car that's been cruising along behind me in the center lane for the last ten minutes all of a sudden wants to go 100. So for the ten seconds that I'm in the left lane they tailgate, hang half their car over onto the shoulder, and wave their arms around!! Awesome!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
VarmintMobile never breaches the 46 mph threshold. Those fugking ant burner bi-focals cannot process images beyond that realm of awareness, time, space velocity.
Imagine the crusty synapses in that dome of mush and the 4 second reaction time. God help other motorists.

LOL
At first I thought VarmintMobile was a cellphone service then I realized it was a car.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shortleade
Oh yeah! That slowpoke law in Georgia is great! Now, the second you get in the left lane to go around a slower car, here comes the Idiot zoomin' up inches from your bumper. That car that's been cruising along behind me in the center lane for the last ten minutes all of a sudden wants to go 100. So for the ten seconds that I'm in the left lane they tailgate, hang half their car over onto the shoulder, and wave their arms around!! Awesome!
That's something new I've seen. People follow you for miles then when you get to a semi or something, exactly like you said, they race up behind you. When did this start?

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I use Waze. On busy highways with lots of other Wazers it is rare to not have police marked.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Haven't read all thr replies but you're better off using the Waze app. It works so well that the police cried about it being unfair and dangerous.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by DaveR
The tech on radar detectors is typically a step behind what's out there.

What does seem to work is to plug in your destination (even though you know exactly where you're going and how to get there) into maps. You will get almost up to the minute alerts of "speed trap ahead"

Yeah man. Google Maps has saved me numerous times.

Waze app is more accurate

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Bobmar
In my career, I wrote many thousands of speeding tickets. It was part of the job. Two things I can say with certainty. First, I never wrote anyone a ticket that didn’t deserve it. And second, with the exception of a school zone, I never wrote a speeding ticket for less than 15 MPH above the posted speed limit. In the school zone, it was 12. That was my standard. I felt at 15 over, you either knew it or should have known it. Most of the time, if I made a stop and what you had done was not crazy, there was a very good chance, if you were polite and had a good record, you were only going to get a warning ticket. My department never had any type of quota.

Mirrors my experience.

I drive a lot. Way more than most. I’ve received speeding tix in at least a dozen different states. But I probably get 3-5 warnings for every speeding ticket I receive.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Five over and I don’t even blink when I see a cop.

I have a couple of State Troopers on staff here (part time). They don't even bother with anything under 80 (limit 70), at least not in GA or FL. Those dicks in VA are another matter...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

☝🏽This has been the best way to avoid seeing red/blue lights in the rearview mirror. Unless in a school zone.

Cops gunning lasers in school zone seem to enjoy sending a visual message by pulling vehicles over.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
For those that are such ardent rule-followers, I salute you. But again, your reality is not everyone else's reality.

For those that putter to town occasionally to grab their wheat bran muffin or pickup stuff, for their wife, good on ya.

But when there are hundreds of miles to go, saving an hour here or there makes a difference.

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Lots of people posting to Waze from here...

Here too...

Some folks just don't get it.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I have a couple of State Troopers on staff here (part time). They don't even bother with anything under 80 (limit 70), at least not in GA or FL. Those dicks in VA are another matter...

My nephew got two tickets literally five miles apart in VA on his way home from Virginia Tech for Thanksgiving. He's a good kid, was valedictorian, never been in trouble. VA is rough.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Some of you have some serious extra time on your hands. Say you drive 20,000 miles a year at the speed limit and your average speed is 40mph for those 20k miles. (My last truck kept track of all that info, was cool.) 20,000 miles at 40 mph takes 500 hours (that's 20.8 full 24 hour days of your life in the car A YEAR). Increase that speed to 45 mph, just 5 over the limit, it now takes 444 hours, or 18.5 days. You save two days or 56 hours of life from being in the car going 5mph faster. Maybe some of you have that time.

I'll add that roads are generally designed for the lowest common denominator in terms of vehicles, capacity, curves, breaking distances, etc. Lots of cars and drivers are capable of driving at a skill level above that level.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use Waze app out on the big road to FLA, Georgia HP are blood suckers.

Hey…can ya use the Waze on a bag phone or flipper jitterbug?? Asking for a bunch of DUMBFUKKS

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 46 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.