Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Two friends of mine shot dimocraps in their garages after dark in two separate incidents.
One brown dimocrap killed over there.

The other incident the bleck was found a few blocks away in an alley the next day.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hicountry
Guy that ran our hunt club, was a Vietnam War vet, silver star recipient. For those who don't know, that's one notch below Congressional Medal of Honor

He wouldn't talk about it much, but one night Jim Beam got him talking about the Silver Star event.

His platoon was ambushed by a company of vc. He killed many vc, in order to save a few of his platoon members.

He had more guts than 99% of men in this world.

Sorry, but a correction is needed here: The silver star is second "notch" below the Medal of Honor. The Distinguished Service Cross is one "notch" below the MoH.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Perhaps. Fired a Mk 19 at an area target about a mile away. I'll never know exactly what that did, as we moved on.
Along those same lines I chucked a lawn dart over a few houses once. So who knows…

Edit. I didn’t realize that a Mk 19 is a grenade launcher. I assumed it was a pistol or rifle and meant as a joke I wasn’t poking fun.

No problem. Awesome weapon. 300 rpm; range of about 1-1/3 mile; 5m kill radius; 15m wound radius. Sights suck. So, you just walk the white puffs over the enemy target at range.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ah, thanks for the correction....

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
My dad did during ww2.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Yes

Also, My dear old dad took more than his share in WW II.
First cousin piloted a BUFF over North Vietnam for two tours of duty. That puts him indirectly responsible I assume.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Perhaps. Fired a Mk 19 at an area target about a mile away. I'll never know exactly what that did, as we moved on.
Along those same lines I chucked a lawn dart over a few houses once. So who knows…

Edit. I didn’t realize that a Mk 19 is a grenade launcher. I assumed it was a pistol or rifle and meant as a joke I wasn’t poking fun.

No problem. Awesome weapon. 300 rpm; range of about 1-1/3 mile; 5m kill radius; 15m wound radius. Sights suck. So, you just walk the white puffs over the enemy target at range.
That’s sounds like a riot to fire. Being on the receiving end of it sounds like a nightmare. It brings the reality of war into focus without a doubt compared to the glamorized version that most of us that have never been in a war zone imagine.

A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have a few good friends that could give Small Pox a run for numbers.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You're an idiot. Smallpox has killed an estimated 300 million people just since 1900 until it was eradicated around 1980. If you're going to try to bullshit people, at least try to come up with something marginally believable.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hicountry
Guy that ran our hunt club, was a Vietnam War vet, silver star recipient. For those who don't know, that's one notch below Congressional Medal of Honor

Silver Star is a high ranking medal but it isn't one notch below The MOH. Every branch has a service cross for combat (Distinguished Service Cross for USA, Navy Cross for USN and USMC, Air Force Cross for USAF) that all are higher ranking than the Silver Star.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My grandfather killed a man during a poker game. They got into an argument over something and the other guy busted a liquor bottle across his forehead. My grandfather reached across the table with his knife and swiped it across the other guy's throat slitting his neck open, which caused him to bleed out as he stumbled out the door.
I can't remember how many years in prison he spent for manslaughter. I have his leatherwork kit that he used in prison to make wallets to sell. And I now do leatherwork myself.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 12/14/22.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by acy

You're an idiot. Smallpox has killed an estimated 300 million people just since 1900 until it was eradicated around 1980. If you're going to try to bullshit people, at least try to come up with something marginally believable.

guess ya told him..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You think anyone that has is going to talk about it here?

Exactly.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know a few, thankfully never have.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You think anyone that has is going to talk about it here?

Exactly.

right sleezy joes fbi tribe has members here

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Just that
Do you count Mexicans?

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My boss back in the early 1980s was a Vietnam War vet, and killed quite a few. Told me (for one example) that he shot, with his Model 29 S&W (Yes, he brought it with him ... how, I don't know), a pajama-wearing Viet Cong who was up in a tree.

TRH has read to much Charley Askins.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by acy

Burns is the retard of the century.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've known quite a few, sadly. Mostly relatives. I've never killed anyone but I was aiming at someone when they turned around and left. My teenage daughter was in a road rage incident and the other driver was 2 steps from eternity whether he knew it or not. I was in the vehicle behind her. My thoughts were RAGE:KILL:PROTECT. Never thought about laws or de-escalation or anything civilized for one second. You don't really know who you are until the moment arises.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Kid that hung around me and a buddy of mine while we worked on cars and his dad were deer hunting up in the UP. They somehow got onto private land. The drunk landowner told them to get the fúck out of there. As they were leaving the kid turned back towards the drunk to say something, the drunk shot the kid who was unarmed in the side taking out a kidney and shattering his spine. The kid's dad was carrying a Remington 740, put five rounds into the drunk as fast as he could pull the trigger.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spent 6 years in the USMC with a lot of 'Nam vets, and worked 20 years in the prison system so yes, knew quite a few that have killed.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10Glocks, 270cowboy, 1234, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 15,628 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,908
Posts18,538,887
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.