-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flave never, ever repents or admits wrongdoing.

He's not going to start now.

But I give him credit for being consistent & being true to himself, like it or not.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great website, I appreciate the ballistic info.

Next time instead of BuffaloBore I’ll shop LostRiver.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Flave never, ever repents or admits wrongdoing.

He's not going to start now.

But I give him credit for being consistent & being true to himself, like it or not.

MM

I don't think flave is the real target.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M_S

best of luck and success with the venture.

Can't help out presently, as St Benitez has not overturned our screwed up State's ammo buying restrictions.........................yet.

When he does, I will keep you in mind.

PS.......does Wally World require sobriety for entry?

PPS congrats to your daughter. Her bandana might need pulled up a bit more if she's going to follow in your footsteps of incognitoness. ( I am a Smartest Man on the Fire Emeritus, therefor I can make up words like that)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was gonna order some 357 but they too long for a Colt cylinder.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by ldholton
flave is going to need lots of ammo when Burns and RC start teaching him that reverse kneeling maneuver 😁😁😁

LOL.

I am so deep in your head you can't let Mackey have his thread but want to start the inevitable schiet storm.

You're a pathetic butthurt whiner, but:

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Looks like some good ammo in well though out loadings.

Go fuqk yourself, this ain't about you.

Congrats M S, Imma buy something just because you're a good fella.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice website. As I have ordered, received and shot his ammo before, I can attest to the superb quality. Buy with confidence.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Awesome. Wishing you the very best of luck with it!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Does LostRiver have plans of manufacturing a “Colt” length heavy 357 mag? Shorter cases (38’s)?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Looking good so far Ted, good luck!

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations on the site, looks great! Will chime in as another satisfied customer...well done.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations, Ted! I am glad to see this because I have wanted to recommend your ammo on other forums but I couldn't because there was no website.

(You may want to think about adding some standard pressure hard cast .380 to the lineup. A lot of people do not carry hollow points in that caliber.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by ldholton
flave is going to need lots of ammo when Burns and RC start teaching him that reverse kneeling maneuver 😁😁😁
LOL.

I am so deep in your head you can't let Mackey have his thread but want to start the inevitable schiet storm.

You're a pathetic butthurt whiner, but:

Looks like some good ammo in well though out loadings.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Go fuqk yourself, this ain't about you.

Congrats M S, Imma buy something just because you're a good fella.

I think you should hate buy some nice ammo.

Here is a nice link.

https://www.lostriverammocompany.com/

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Site looks amazing Mackay!

Really some great pics.

I’d order some if I could.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
The 2nd Amendment is more important than anything, to include our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

In the name of the primer, the powder, and the holy brass, I do repent.

Which liquor company should we be shorting now? That might sound selfish, but it's not, I figure we can all use the short-buy profits to buy more ammo from MS. Win/win/win/win/win/win.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by zcm82
Am I the only one that thinks the horse in that first pic looks like it is part giraffe?... just me? 🤔😂

Holy Heck!

You are right!
laugh

That kid has come a long ways.

Some of you have been around long enough to remember pics like this:

I had come back from the war. I think it was 07-08.

Here she is about 6 years old, shooting black powder blanks in a .45 Colt, busting baloons. She could hardly hold the gun up:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then as a teen, she was Hell on Wheels:

Traveling all over. It was a struggle to get her to those places but well worth it.

The chaps she is wearing here are elk skin chaps and are absolutely gorgeous.

They were a gift from the Campfire's own Rockinbbar. He used them when he was a competitior in Mounted Shooting.

She very much loves treasures them.

Now she is leading pack strings in the back country and living her dream.

The apple does not fall far from the tree and I have had the conversation with her that it is a hell of a life, but it is not much of a living, so enjoy it while you can. smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I will see if I can answer a few questions.

First,

Thank you all for the nice comments and any funds you have sent my way, it is very much appreciated and definitely needed right now!

More than most know in fact.

Sactoller.

I have some 41 Mag on hand and when I get caught up on orders I will get it into production. I don't have any .41 Colt though.

There is some .38 Short Colt coming though, which is the ultimate .38 Snubby cartridge for low recoil shooting. It literally makes shooting a J Frame fun again.

Saddlering,

Yes, there will be a .40 load. I have already developed a +P polymer coated heavy hardcast semi wadcutter load for outdoors/predator defense, but I am still doing some testing. I go through a significant amount of testing before products are released, for various reasons.

Remsen

The .357 SWC is a hardcast bullet.
It is a wide nose profile that was developed by Elmer Keith himself and is a very effective design. That is actually what I had my kiddo carrying for defense in the mountains, should she need it. I wanted something that would be effective against bears, lions, etc, as well as be able to put a horse down immediately, should she get tangled up. In fact I went over my method of dropping animals instantly, since I have had to put down a substantial amount of animals over the years, from injured livestock, to vehicle struck, elk, moose, deer, etc.

TimZ

The above mentioned 170 grain Keith is my personal favorite for the Model 19/66.

Viking:

"Does LostRiver have plans of manufacturing a “Colt” length heavy 357 mag? Shorter cases (38’s)?"

Another good one that is a slightly lighter grain weight, though a real stomper (Heads up all you COLT REVOLVER SHOOTERS) is the 158 grain +P polymer coated Semi Wadcutter. This essentially reproduces the old 38-44 ballistics, and in conducting multiple tests I achieved higher velocities with the heavy .38 load than I did with factory .357 magnum 158 grain American Eagle, when shooting side by side. The American Eagle .357 Magnum was 10-12 FPS slower as I recall on average.

This is achieved thanks to modern low pressure powders and polymer coated projectiles.

It is my favorite load for my Model 15.

For a Colt .357 Magnum it would be a great choice.

I do plan on producing a run of 158 grain .357s that are to SAAMI length for Colt shooters some time in the future, but I need to get caught up with things currently.

Reference 10mm.

It is extremely popular, and as soon as I receive more brass, I will put more in production and let guys know. It usually is a fast seller though. I am at the mercy of the brass manufacturers and I have no idea when I will get more in. I would anticipate that it may be a couple more months.

Cheyenne

In the future I may add 380 to the lineup.

I currently do not own a .380, so I will have to purchase a couple when I get money ahead. Then I will do the T&E and load development. I agree that there is a market for the 380.

This is all very much a small time thing right now so I have to make small steps. After I survive Christmas things will start to progress.

Thanks all!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I will see if I can answer a few questions.

First,

Thank you all for the nice comments and any funds you have sent my way, it is very much appreciated and definitely needed right now!

More than most know in fact.

Sactoller.

I have some 41 Mag on hand and when I get caught up on orders I will get it into production. I don't have any .41 Colt though.

There is some .38 Short Colt coming though, which is the ultimate .38 Snubby cartridge for low recoil shooting. It literally makes shooting a J Frame fun again.

Saddlering,

Yes, there will be a .40 load. I have already developed a +P polymer coated heavy hardcast semi wadcutter load for outdoors/predator defense, but I am still doing some testing. I go through a significant amount of testing before products are released, for various reasons.

Remsen

The .357 SWC is a hardcast bullet.
It is a wide nose profile that was developed by Elmer Keith himself and is a very effective design. That is actually what I had my kiddo carrying for defense in the mountains, should she need it. I wanted something that would be effective against bears, lions, etc, as well as be able to put a horse down immediately, should she get tangled up. In fact I went over my method of dropping animals instantly, since I have had to put down a substantial amount of animals over the years, from injured livestock, to vehicle struck, elk, moose, deer, etc.

TimZ

The above mentioned 170 grain Keith is my personal favorite for the Model 19/66.

Viking:

"Does LostRiver have plans of manufacturing a “Colt” length heavy 357 mag? Shorter cases (38’s)?"

Another good one that is a slightly lighter grain weight, though a real stomper (Heads up all you COLT REVOLVER SHOOTERS) is the 158 grain +P polymer coated Semi Wadcutter. This essentially reproduces the old 38-44 ballistics, and in conducting multiple tests I achieved higher velocities with the heavy .38 load than I did with factory .357 magnum 158 grain American Eagle, when shooting side by side. The American Eagle .357 Magnum was 10-12 FPS slower as I recall on average.

This is achieved thanks to modern low pressure powders and polymer coated projectiles.

It is my favorite load for my Model 15.

For a Colt .357 Magnum it would be a great choice.

I do plan on producing a run of 158 grain .357s that are to SAAMI length for Colt shooters some time in the future, but I need to get caught up with things currently.

Reference 10mm.

It is extremely popular, and as soon as I receive more brass, I will put more in production and let guys know. It usually is a fast seller though. I am at the mercy of the brass manufacturers and I have no idea when I will get more in. I would anticipate that it may be a couple more months.

Cheyenne

In the future I may add 380 to the lineup.

I currently do not own a .380, so I will have to purchase a couple when I get money ahead. Then I will do the T&E and load development. I agree that there is a market for the 380.

This is all very much a small time thing right now so I have to make small steps. After I survive Christmas things will start to progress.

Thanks all!

Thanks, Mackay, just placed an order. .357 ammo is hard to find locally and knowing the business goes to a good guy makes it an even easier decision.

Last edited by Remsen; 12/16/22.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bump for this small American business. Small businesses are the backbone of America.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mack. when you produce that .41 mag ammo, if you keep it to 1.60" COAL to fit in FA 97 revolvers, I'll be glad to buy some!

Good Luck!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.