Hop To
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
My 2 nephews, myself, and a few friends had some good success to wrap up the elk season.

Youngest nephews first bull, 90 yards with his 7-08 bull made it 5 yards:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Next day oldest nephew, 100 yards with his 7-08, bull made it 10 yards:

A couple days later, found some cows and a myself and a buddy each got one, mine with a 7 RM his with a 6.5 RPM:

My friend with his:

Finished up with 2 friends from ND yesterday, both shot with 7 RM's from the same herd, weather sucked:

Had enough elk hunting for the year, but will be ready again in 2023.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/18/22.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Congratulations to all of you! Especially for the young folks! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Soooooo Jealoussssssss lol

Looks like so much fun and a big congratulations to everyone.

Looks like a PERFECT CHRISTMAS to me.

KB

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
All public land I presume…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
All public land I presume…

All 4 cows on BLM, youngest nephew's on State, oldest nephew's on private.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Funny how you only hunt where it counts.

You are such a tool. You don’t like how I hunt elk and yours is the only acceptable way.

Remember your criticism of my fall?

Buzzh:

Because elk hunting used to be an entire different experience in Montana. There was no reason to hunt wheat stubble and private for a couple reasons.

1. There weren't that many elk on private and when they got on private the first person that knocked on the door got permission to hunt.

2. The hunting on public land was exceptional.

So, when some dude that has access to some great private wants to brag about how great the elk hunting is in their Montana fish bowl/ private wheat field it's a misrepresentation of what's happened here.

If shrapnel is such a bad ass elk hunter, ask him to hunt Mineral, Missoula, or Sanders county on public for elk. The report back would be much different.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrat's Buzz!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Funny how you only hunt where it counts.

You are such a tool. You don’t like how I hunt elk and yours is the only acceptable way.

Remember your criticism of my fall?

Buzzh:

Because elk hunting used to be an entire different experience in Montana. There was no reason to hunt wheat stubble and private for a couple reasons.

1. There weren't that many elk on private and when they got on private the first person that knocked on the door got permission to hunt.

2. The hunting on public land was exceptional.

So, when some dude that has access to some great private wants to brag about how great the elk hunting is in their Montana fish bowl/ private wheat field it's a misrepresentation of what's happened here.

If shrapnel is such a bad ass elk hunter, ask him to hunt Mineral, Missoula, or Sanders county on public for elk. The report back would be much different.

Just go hunt elk in Missoula, Mineral, or Sanders county on public land, tuffie. You wouldn't have a prayer without wheat fields and private access.

I've shot 83 elk, last, and only one on private land was 1985 near Avon Montana on Neil Dana's land when I was in highschool.

Takes a pretty special kind of a$$hole to carve their name on a historic site...and ruin a thread with youth elk hunters success.

About your style though...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buzz and I have had our disagreements but Shrap calling someone else a tool is laughable, at most.

Nice work Buzz. I knew what I was leaving when I transferred out of Wyoming. I sure do miss those general elk hunts near Bondurant. Were those bulls killed on a draw?

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
You continue with your presumption of eliteness and you are no better than those you criticize.

My fall was equally as productive, but you tore it apart because of your perception of how much better you think you are.

It isn’t as fun to be criticized as it it to be critical, is it?

The lie about the historic site feeds your shallow ego. You are nothing but a braggart, critical of anyone contrary to your methods…

IC B3

B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
You continue with your presumption of eliteness and you are no better than those you criticize.

My fall was equally as productive, but you tore it apart because of your perception of how much better you think you are.

It isn’t as fun to be criticized as it it to be critical, is it?

The lie about the historic site feeds your shallow ego. You are nothing but a braggart, critical of anyone contrary to you methods…

Context matters, and you were making a claim that elk hunting all across Montana is just great. It's not and comparing blasting elk in a wheat field to what public land elk hunters are experiencing in Montana is a bigger joke than you are.

Painting with that broad brush of yours while starring through those rose colored glasses of yours with your crossed eyes.

Apparently the FS found some truth to your carving...what did that cost you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome

What bullet do you use in the 7 08

Thanks
Congratulations

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Awesome

What bullet do you use in the 7 08

Thanks
Congratulations

I load 120 grain nosler ballistic tips for the oldest nephew and he's killed 4 elk with them, all one shot kills from 75-235 yards.

The youngest nephew is still trying to shoot up the 5 boxes of factory 139 grain interbonds in his tikka 7-08. Once he plows through those, which shoot about an inch at 100 yards, I'll work up a load with 140 accubonds.

My wife and I have shot 25 or so elk with our 7-08's using 140 grain accubonds.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BuzzH

You might try and find that ever happened. You continue to perpetuate that lie and haven’t witnessed anything about it, and keep pushing it.

No desecration, no fine…

B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Buzz and I have had our disagreements but Shrap calling someone else a tool is laughable, at most.

Nice work Buzz. I knew what I was leaving when I transferred out of Wyoming. I sure do miss those general elk hunts near Bondurant. Were those bulls killed on a draw?

Yep, draw.

The rest of the season was pretty good too.

Those general elk tags ON PUBLIC land in Wyoming are a fun time, but you made the right call transferring, you could always move back someday. I enjoy your photos you post from your new state of Residence, you're making it count.

I killed this raghorn and the other 2 guys in camp both shot cows all on public land:

Filled my first cow tag with my late grandfathers model 70 in 300 WM, had not shot that rifle since 1998 or 1999. Oh, and shot on public land as well, so shrap doesn't cry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You might try and find that ever happened. You continue to perpetuate that lie and haven’t witnessed anything about it, and keep pushing it.

No desecration, no fine…

You posted pictures of it with your name carved in the stone... but it was on private land, so undoubtedly the FS couldn't do anything about it.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

No desecration, no fine…

Riggghhhtttt...and the elk hunting on public land in Montana is just awesome.

So it was someone else that carved your name on the historic site?

The elk hunting in Montana isn't the only thing you're in denial about.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

No desecration, no fine…

Here is the sandstone rock face that has names and brands from over the years, i did scratch my name in the rock along with all the others. Rock faces like this are all over the hills in eastern Montana. You haven't been there, but you make claims about fines and destruction that didn't happen

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice animals Buzz! Looks like a great season.

B
BuzzH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

No desecration, no fine…

Here is the sandstone rock face that has names and brands from over the years, i did scratch my name in the rock along with all the others. Rock faces like this are all over the hills in eastern Montana. You haven't been there, but you make claims about fines and destruction that didn't happen

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Takes a special kind of stupid to deface something like that...what a moron. Truly unbelievable.

Yes, I've found all kinds of stuff like that in several states while working the past 37 years, including a bunch in Montana.

Can't say I've ever seen someone as irresponsible and ego-fueled as you, that they found it necessary to carve their names in them.

What a complete lack of character and respect to do something like that. Doesn't surprise me though...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,620
Posts18,511,927
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.