Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
41rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Have a fishing buddy who's become interested the shooting sports, he seems attracted to the Tikka brand of rifles & in this caliber but he's left-handed. Are these rifles more difficult to come by?

We deal in lead, friend.
GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Sportsman’s warehouse usually has them in stock, looks like they have the lefty Superlite in stock for $899 now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tell him he'll shoot his eye out.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nothing wrong with his choice.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Great rifle and cartridge. It ain't hard to shoot that rifle from the wrong side. Some designs are a little harder to shoot from the wrong side, but not the Tikka. My brother shoots lefty and prefers right-handed rifles.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just bought a 6.5 CM Tikka T3x right hand, but no scope yet, so I haven’t shot it yet. But from what I’ve learned and seen from other Tikkas, I fully expect it to shoot extremely well.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lastround
I just bought a 6.5 CM Tikka T3x right hand, but no scope yet, so I haven’t shot it yet. But from what I’ve learned and seen from other Tikkas, I fully expect it to shoot extremely well.

You'll like that rifle. I'll bet the first 3 shots go into less than an inch.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Grumman
Sportsman’s warehouse usually has them in stock, looks like they have the lefty Superlite in stock for $899 now.

Tell him to buy it. The superlites handle much better than the normal ones, to me anyway, and they are often hard to track down.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The T3 lite's handle just fine. Never seen them as a detriment. I also have a superlite and if I were blind folded, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and my T3's and T3X models. All excellent rifles that get the job done. As far as them (left hand model) being more "difficult" to come by. Slightly, so if your buddy found one, he should probably snag it while he can. ..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought a new Superlite 6.5 CM from Sportsman's this summer. It shoots factory Hornady precision ELD-X 143 grain and 140 Hornady ELD-X handloads into 3/8" 3 shot groups. I wanted a little more weight for long range target shooting so I dropped the action into a B&C Medalist stock and added an oversized bolt handle.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JMR40
Great rifle and cartridge. It ain't hard to shoot that rifle from the wrong side. Some designs are a little harder to shoot from the wrong side, but not the Tikka. My brother shoots lefty and prefers right-handed rifles.
Tell him to hold out for a left hand version. After decades of right hand bolt use I finally bought myself a lefty bolt for this season. Didn't know what I was missing! I love it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostman
I bought a new Superlite 6.5 CM from Sportsman's this summer. It shoots factory Hornady precision ELD-X 143 grain and 140 Hornady ELD-X handloads into 3/8" 3 shot groups. I wanted a little more weight for long range target shooting so I dropped the action into a B&C Medalist stock and added an oversized bolt handle.

I always felt there was a point of diminished returns on 'going light' on rifle weight for 'Shootability' ......the standard T3 sporter is plenty light and handy in my hands, nothing against the Superlite.....but sharing my .02

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A Superlite might not be the best place to start unless he is committed to the idea.
I have a regular T3 in 6.5x55. My kid bought a Superlite in 6.5CM.
As you would expect, the standard model is much easier to shoot accurately.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have been reading about Tikka’s here for years and didn’t get the love for them. Always looked kind of ugly to me and looked like it was made of plastic. My buddy’s daughter was flying in to hunt deer with us and I didn’t have a decent rifle to lend her. She is a small framed girl. I bought a T3 lite in 6.5 Creedmoor on sale to have as a loaner rifle in the safe. First 3 shots made a ragged hole, adjusted the scope and put one in the bullseye. The thing is ridiculously accurate and shoots better than some of my customs. I get it now.

P.S. girl got her deer with one shot through the heart.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdunham
I have been reading about Tikka’s here for years and didn’t get the love for them. Always looked kind of ugly to me and looked like it was made of plastic. My buddy’s daughter was flying in to hunt deer with us and I didn’t have a decent rifle to lend her. She is a small framed girl. I bought a T3 lite in 6.5 Creedmoor on sale to have as a loaner rifle in the safe. First 3 shots made a ragged hole, adjusted the scope and put one in the bullseye. The thing is ridiculously accurate and shoots better than some of my customs. I get it now.

P.S. girl got her deer with one shot through the heart.
She shot through the heart and you're to blame...

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a 22-250 Tikka, damn accurate, I’d buy another if I wanted a new rifle

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've got 5 Tikkas-.223,.243,2 6.5 and a 7-08. They sure check a lot of boxes when looking for a hunting rifle.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
There are 3 Left handed Tikka T3x lite Stainless Steel 6.5 Creedmoor's on gun broker right now. They do not disappoint. I have 4 of them. They are all extremely accurate with factory ammo.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MERWIN
A Superlite might not be the best place to start unless he is committed to the idea.
I have a regular T3 in 6.5x55. My kid bought a Superlite in 6.5CM.
As you would expect, the standard model is much easier to shoot accurately.

Aren’t they only a few ounces different?

Last edited by timl; 12/20/22.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by JMR40
Tell him to hold out for a left hand version. After decades of right hand bolt use I finally bought myself a lefty bolt for this season. Didn't know what I was missing! I love it

Funny how we are all different. I hate left handed rifles. Monkey fu cking a football kind of thing.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 48 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.