Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jimmypop
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Why did you delete your prior post? :

Gutting animals!!! Field dressing the heart and lungs seem to for some reason have blood in them.

To which my reply was "why do you stick your knife and hands into the heart and lungs"...

Now you are just playing around. I deleted being nice as I'm sure you are joking.

No, I'm not. I'm deadly serious.

Must not do much killing if you ask questions so stupid! Snarky is a knee jerk reaction to stupid questions.

Yeah, that's probably it...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My betters! Please do tell. I prefer the day in field ending with blood dripping from my elbows.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Not a lot of field dressing in the Bay Area I take it. Stick to fish and let the men collect the racks.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Gutting animals!!! Field dressing the heart and lungs seem to for some reason have blood in them.

To which my reply was "why do you stick your knife and hands into the heart and lungs"...

Now you are just playing around. I deleted being nice as I'm sure you are joking.

Ok, my apologies you really don't know and I'm not sure you could. I'll just keep reading and learn.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My preference is a Hendrix.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ok, my apologies you really don't know and I'm not sure you could. I'll just keep reading and learn.

Thank you. I apologize for coming across as a know-it-all.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Could you maybe post a few pics of how to field dress a critter? Just trying to learn here...!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My preference is a Hendrix.

I've heard of that guy...South Carolina, right?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A paracord wrapped handle on a game knife would have never crossed my mind. Is it even remotely sanitary to have that? Fat, blood etc. Sort of on the same line of why I prefer a fixed blade over a folder, less crevices. I just see nasty written all over a paracord handle.

My favorite knife is a Puma Skinner, but I also have a nice custom that's built somewhat on a Puma Hunters Pal pattern with giraffe bone scales. You'd think the giraffe bone could become slippery, but it doesn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn'it. I'm back in the State's for Christmas, but to catch up on our cull contracts in the UK a couple of my guys are going to keep shooting until I get back in a week or so. I'm SERIOUSLY scared they don't know how to legally prepare the carcasses for market, since it appears we've been doing it wrong the last 30 years or so!

Damn, how did I get my gameskeeper level renewed last year?

I'm really worried, here? Might we lose all our larder contracts?

Per above: "Could you maybe post a few pics of how to field dress a critter? Just trying to learn here...!"

Last edited by Journeyman; 12/19/23.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Must not do much killing if you ask questions so stupid! Snarky is a knee jerk reaction to stupid questions.

Yeah, that's probably it...

BTW, what rifle, chambering and bullet/load should I be using for harvesting game for larder? THANKS!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any thought on scopes?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Binos?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spotters?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Packs?

Boots?

ETC?, since I'm in learning mode....THANKS again! Truly appreciate the help to my livelihood!!!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Feel free to post photos of a blood free field dressing. I'm new here and don't yet know how to post pictures.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Laughing a culling contract is far from hunting.
Personally I'd just go with a snares and a good bleeder if I didn't have any competition. Seems a waste of powder and lead when it's a government agency Job.

But it's hard to beat SWFA fixed 6 with anything in a creedmoor flinging 147.
SIGS great also.
Boots anything your wife likes you won't be getting dirty anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Feel free to post photos of a blood free field dressing. I'm new here and don't yet know how to post pictures.

Oh gosh no...PLEASE!

I'm resigned to "pure gold", "must not do much killing", "not a lot of field dressing" mode - just trying to learn here, man...

Again, please - I can use the help.

Sorry to be an ass...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Oh gosh no...PLEASE!

I'm resigned to "pure gold", "must not do much killing", "not a lot of field dressing" mode - just trying to learn here, man...

Again, please - I can use the help.

Sorry to be an ass...

Know you aren't, but I like you anyway. Just new here and want to fit in.

Last edited by Jimmypop; 12/19/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Laughing a culling contract is far from hunting.
Personally I'd just go with a snares and a good bleeder if I didn't have any competition. Seems a waste of powder and lead when it's a government agency Job.

But it's hard to beat SWFA fixed 6 with anything in a creedmoor flinging 147.
SIGS great also.
Boots anything your wife likes you won't be getting dirty anyway.

Spent lots of time culling in the Highlands and the Pampas have you?

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 2ndwind, 219 Wasp, 31 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,889
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.