GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Let's see........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Back in the day if you wanted a factory 17 mach IV, 17 Ackley Hornet, 17 HeeBee, a K-Hornet, any of the Cooper Centerfire Magnums....... and so forth, Cooper was your Huckleberry (excluding Bulberry and Virgin Valley Contender Barrels)

Models 21, 22, & 38. The only repeaters they produced were the 22 Rimfires IIRC. IIRC before the repeaters were produced there was some trepidation that the 1/2" guarantee could not be maintained.

I've owned well over two dozen Coopers. Never had one that would not shoot better than I could.

A few test targets

and a few @ 100

My second luv after Sakos.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/19/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have 2 early coopers model 52's bought years ago. First one is an 06 for $1200 and the second is a 270 $1500. Both shoot incredibly well and have killed lots of elk and deer. I had a little trouble with both rifles ,but Cooper was really good about correcting the problems right away. Visited the factory in Stevensville MT a couple time and was always treated first class. Always thought they were a little on the heavy side, but seemed well built and accurate. They have just gotten too expensive for me and now they are leaving Montana, So I probably won't buy any more.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by geedubya
Let's see........

Back in the day if you wanted a factory 17 mach IV, 17 Ackley Hornet, 17 HeeBee, a K-Hornet, any of the Cooper Centerfire Magnums....... and so forth, Cooper was your Huckleberry (excluding Bulberry and Virgin Valley Contender Barrels)

Models 21, 22, & 38. The only repeaters they produced were the 22 Rimfires IIRC. IIRC before the repeaters were produced there was some trepidation that the 1/2" guarantee could not be maintained.

I've owned well over two dozen Coopers. Never had one that would not shoot better than I could.

A few test targets

and a few @ 100

My second luv after Sakos.

ya!

GWB

Looks great to me..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ldholton
The Jackson squirrel rifle is on my want list

I could not be happier with mine. The Jackson squirrel is a great rifle.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Late comer to the Cooper rifle appreciation gallery. I had a 17 HMR for years and shot it quite a bit. I have a bunch of Sakos that have all been good shooters, but after the first Cooper centerfire, I took the plunge and have since gotten quite a few Coopers. They all shoot great...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just fer schitz' n giggles.

Do not know if it is true as I've never bothered to Call Cooper to check the veracity of the man's claim, and do not know if there would be anyone there now that could verify.

I was told that is was the first Cooper M38 with the classic style stock, but with a schnaebel fore-end and 20" barrel.

It bears the serial number VR1.

100 yds.

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/22/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Received this via email today:

1911s
Parts & Accessories
Revolvers

Nighthawk Custom Acquires
Cooper Firearms
January 5, 2023 in Berryville, Arkansas -

Mark Stone - Owner/CEO of Nighthawk Custom:

I am pleased to announce that Nighthawk Custom LLC has acquired Cooper Firearms of Montana, known for custom bolt-action rifles. The rifle company will now operate as Cooper Rifles of Arkansas LLC and will be located on the same campus as Nighthawk Custom in Northwest Arkansas. Nighthawk Custom will proudly be the exclusive distributor of all Cooper Rifles.

Customers of Cooper will be pleased to know that the name, legacy, and reputation of building high quality custom rifles will continue, and we as a company look forward to strengthening the brand and even improve upon the quality of the past.

We ask for your patience during this time of transition as we move all operations to Berryville, Arkansas. At this time, we are not able to give you an exact date that Cooper Rifles will begin operations. The process will take time, and our goal is to ensure the same great products and customer service from Cooper Rifles that you have come to know and expect from Nighthawk Custom. It will be worth the wait, and we know that you will be thrilled with the quality, craftsmanship, and our excellent customer support.

As owner and CEO of Nighthawk Custom, I am very excited about this acquisition. Cooper has a long reputation of building fine and accurate rifles for over 30 years. Each rifle will be built with 100% fully machined parts, stunning wood, hand checkering, and beautiful finishes that are a perfect fit with our existing offerings that we are known for.

Please like and follow Cooper Rifles social media and check out the website for the latest news and information. We will do our best to keep you up to date and informed on our progress.

Thank you for your continued support. We are excited for what 2023 holds and we are thankful that you are a part of it.

Sincerely,
Mark Stone
Owner & CEO
Visit Cooper Rifles
Check out Cooper Rifles on social media
Instagram

CALL TODAY
DEALER LOCATOR
Instagram

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This one upmanship between Wilson Combat and Nighthawk is getting out of hand...I kinda of like it.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have two Varmint Extremes a 223 and 25 WSSM and a Montana Varminter in 220 Swift. These three are all one holers. A Western Classic 22 LR has been reeking havoc on tree rats. Short of a full blown custom rifle a Cooper is the next best thing.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 25 invisible), 1,914 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,485
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.