Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho
I have lost track of how many snipers I have met in the last 15 years that just got back from Iraq. Most of them overweight 20 year olds wearing desert camo BDU shirts.....

Force recon, green berets, navy seals list goes on..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I spent 25 years on active duty and have had several people try to BS me with their so called military careers. When you have been in it isn't too hard to spot the frauds, especially if you just sit back and let them talk. I have zero respect for that sort of fool.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There’s more people faking PTSD than Valor.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
No chit. My GF works for the VA and she tells me some of the more salacious claims… she of course doesn’t tell me any PII, but just generically “this digger wants PTSD for getting yelled at in basic training and he never even finished “

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Interesting that F u g g e r was changed to digger

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know/knew an absolute POS E6 who had never deployed as of 2008 (and as far as I know never did later either) who went home to a wedding that year and threw on a Combat Action Ribbon and a Purple Heart, then put pics up on Facebook. I know his battery commander was made aware of it but I never heard that outcome and frankly, don't care.

He was a POS even before he pulled that stunt.

Last edited by T_Inman; 12/24/22. Reason: 'battery', not 'company'

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

💯

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen

💯

And disabilities.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I forgot all about a story on that.
A girl I used to bang was family friends with a guy named Matt and his wife Candice. They grew up together as neighbors from childhood. Candice mostly carried the household by working a waitress job while Matt stayed home, smoked pot and got a disability check from the military. One day when we were over there, Matt started talking about how funny it was that he got a disability check over PTSD when he was only a radio operator in the military. Again I don't know squat about the military but he sure made it sound like he didn't really have ptsd and was just milking what he could.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My neighbor claims to have been a marine sniper. He was in country but was a mechanic.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Back when I was in the teams and hung out with John Burns.....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I read somewhere recently a statement regarding Navy Seals in Vietnam. The person said there were 500 Navy Seals that served in Vietnam and he had the pleasure of meeting all twenty thousand of them.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had kid get chaptered after we got back from Afghanistan. Just an overall chit bag so bad the infantry didn’t want him so he sat in s3 entire time. Anyhow get back typical army love story marries a stripper, stripper bangs his buddies. He gets chaptered leaves Alaska. Last we heard he was telling people he was a green beret got blown up in Afghanistan and was medically retired. The icing on this chit cake, he went to the parents of young man that was killed in our squadron In Afghanistan. He went to this home and told the mom he was their when he got blown up and he tried everything to save him and he burned to death with a whole bunch of other bull chit lies. Again this kid was at fob Gardez hanging out in the squadrons toc monitoring the radio and whatever else privates do. Well this young man’s mom is freaked calling people demand to now what really happened to her son. Majority of us knew how died and he didn’t burn to death.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That’s [bleep] horrible.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I remember that there was a huge push for the know-nothings regarding Bowe Bergdahl- getting him back.

That POS was in my jet as a jumper from the 501st right before he deployed. Later, I hauled some pipe-hitters who were trying to get him back… I also hauled a casualty back who was one of the pipe-hitters who attempted to rescue him.

I hate that POS.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mart
I read somewhere recently a statement regarding Navy Seals in Vietnam. The person said there were 500 Navy Seals that served in Vietnam and he had the pleasure of meeting all twenty thousand of them.

Don't if that was me, but I have posted that little quote on the campfire...

Guy I worked with in the 80s, actually had the credentials to prove it...Growing up in the military as a dependent, and then serving my time, its not hard to tell those who never served claiming they did, it gets a little harder that did serve, but never did what they claimed unless you know the MOS's.

Most guys who really are the combat time military heroes are usually the guys that are pretty modest about it or never really talk about it much.
They know they have nothing to prove to anyone...

I really think most of this stolen valor stuff, started in the early 80s when I started noticing people doing it.. that number seems more often as time has gotten on...

If you've ever been around someone bragging on something they claimed, and in the group is someone who actually did what the other guy was claiming, they are normally the one who is quiet and just stand by and casually shake their head or roll their eyes, when the stolen valor clown comes up with something really stupid...

The ones who don't talk much are the ones to really respect.... the ones who talk a lot, not so much...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
About 20 years ago I went to a gun show with my friend Wayne. I've known him for 43 years, since he was 14. He was in SF for about 20 years (1st Group). Now Wayne is not a big guy and is relatively reserved. We were wandering through the gun show and happened upon a knife seller that was extolling the virtues of a certain knife that the SF used. Wayne asked him a couple of leading questions regarding the knife. Then Wayne quietly said, "that's not the knife we use." The guy got very red faced.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A few years back there was a Mexican at work, a fat fuqker who was always bragging about his exploits in the Marine Corp during his deployments to Iraq and Afganistan. Another co worker, black dude named Marvin who really was in the Marines did some digging on the Mexican then outed him as a fraud. The dude quit...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I was in college during Vietnam. Some of my classmates were combat vets - ground-pounders - others ( some military serviced, some not) claimed to be. Easy to tell, really if they had actually seen serious combat. The eyes.

One had bullet scares- pretty bad ones. His parents had pull, and got him removed from Vietnam at the behest of a senator before his tour was up, as he had stiffed some drug dealers who were out to kill him the story went. I've alway wondered where exactly those bullet scars came from, and when, and when his parents got him pulled, as his eyes and general demeanor (renegade mentality, and a great - and funny party animal) didn't match up with those I knew had seen real ground-pounder combat. Those guys were serious students, every one of them.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And then the opposite

I’m a documentary about the SeaWolves a guy at a local Vets Club isn’t believed by folks.

They have a MOH winner come to speak.

The MOH winner sees the”BS artist” and is shocked……says “He’s the only reason I’m alive today”

Great show

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.